Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Sooty - that's where I am today - re-evaluating every 10 or 15 minutes! Ugh, my AL mind is bargaining like crazy today and I found myself talking out loud to it? myself? Anyway, I have a haircut appointment this evening then I'm going to walk by a few movie theaters and pick a movie to watch. That should get me through.

Mermaid - have you ordered yet? I'm waiting to get a few goodies from the MWO store now - book and CDs - can't wait!

Hey Chicken, well you can see where I am with this ^^^. Still hanging in there, thanks for asking!

bye for now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chat

Anyone know how to get into chat when the computer blocks you from installing active X as the publisher is unknown?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Which browser are you using, Elsa?
        And is your java up to date?
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks bunches, Trix & Sooty & everyone else for the support & input......last year I did 43 days AF, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life! famous last words, and I can't remember my last AF day, but I'm headed back to the mainland early morning to hopefully work things out with my significant other and am considering tomorrow my first day AF. I worked hard to get where I am....caribbean, it's tough to be an alcoholic in the land of inexpensive Rum(not cheap).....and EVERYONE drinks......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mermaid. Don't be afraid to go af. I spent (wasted) a lot of time with hand-wringing and wondering how I would cope; meanwhile kept getting hammered hoping the answers would magically come. Like Trix said, a little resolve and a few days AF and that spark of excitement will grow. Then it becomes a lot easier to start piecing life together with a clear head, and being sober will start to feel better than being ripped. You already know this - 43 days af last year. There are people here who really care!

btw- the book (which you can download immediately) is good and the supplements and cds really helped me.

Hello to all. On my way out... Hi Chickster. How 'bout some blackened slugs when we get there, mmm... it might be a few weeks, so you have time to work on the recipe. Not sure how long it takes to fly to oz. That would be down to Rio and turn right, right?

Take care all!
            xxo beag'ues.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

TQ, thanks for the words of wisdom, I truly don't know how to live without AL, but I'm determined & know in my heart that live is better w/o.....I KNOW this, but can I DO IT??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Still quite busy around here, great - love the company

usvi, yes you can do it
                You sound determined & have a plan so just go for it! Remember, lots of deep breaths, wait out the cravings (they usually pass in 15-20 min.), learn to distract yourself, drink lots of water, tea, etc. Try everything you've heard & read here, something will click for you. I wish you strength & success!

Chicken, glad you're clucking right along! Don't forget the chocolate covered slugs for me Yum!

Sooty, busy, busy, good for you!

FindingMyself, glad you're hanging in with us! Any plans for the weekend to help you through these early days?

Tranq, hope your week back at work didn't ruin your vacation mood........I used to hate that!! Never seemed quite fair!

Sunni, sorry things didn't work out with your friend & the house. You never know, she may change her mind

I'll be busy all day tomorrow shopping, cooking & preparing for a Sunday birthday celebration for Mr Lav. He didn't even know his birthday is Sunday until I told him today - Geez.........He's not THAT old!

Wishing everyone a comfy, safe night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nestlings (whoops, technically very early morning)

I've had a sinfully unproductive day. BUT, I've gotten through without falling. Mr. Wonderful is gone for the weekend and this is where I stumbled last time. So I was a bit apprehensive today. Tomorrow shouldn't be a problem; my son's g/f will be here during the day and he'll be here as well tomorrow night and on Sunday we're all going to see my daughter (2 hour drive). So, I believe, this weekend is covered

Chicken... SOOO good to hear you clucking over there! Missed ya! Hello to Sooty, Tranq, Beagle, mermaid, Finding, Elsa , Lav, and if I missed someone - please forgive me; it's way past my bed time.

Lav... :H You had to remind hubby it's his b-day???? Too funny!

Ok, I'm fading quickly... night night - keep warm lil birdies!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Ugh, cloudy & overcast here, rainned all night! Need more coffee I suppose to get me in gear. I have lots to do today but I think I'm going to squeeze in the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival. I love seeing the work of those very talented people. I usually come home with a little something for myself

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday and will check in later!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Merms, I know exactly what you mean about "don't know how to live without AL". Like I said before, I wasted a ton of time insisting in my mind that I need to know what would replace al in my life. But now I realize that is like staying in an abusive relationship until you find your real soulmate - I would think dating would be clumsy if you're always walking around with black-eyes - so it's hard to envision a different life while you're suffering the abuse of al.

First things first -- get some af time under your belt. You already know how - just go with it.

I've kind of made it a mission to figure out the answer to your real question for myself, 'cause I guess everyone's answer will be a little different. I've found a few books that try to address the ongoing aspects of "recovery" (I don't like the word, but...). It's finally making sense to me that you can't expect things to be different unless you DO something different.

I can post some titles if you're interested. But there are no secrets. I guess I'm suggesting that you use the af time to start exploring and figuring things out for yourself. All change is scary to varying degrees. But change has to come from within.

Good luck. Keep posting.

Morning Lav. Hi everyone. Cold and wet Saturday morning here -- time for me to start facing the prospect of life without golf for a while :-[

Take care.
                      tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

Thanks Lavande for the reminder to get a plan together for the weekend. I've always made lists of things to do, but without the hangovers now I actually have the energy and will to DO those things instead of procrastinating. It's a beautiful fall morning here, so I'm out the door in a bit to enjoy!

Will be checking in later and throughout the day as reading and posting here are definitely on my list of things to do.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

A little slow here today, huh? That's OK, I'm sure everyone is enjoying a day off in the nice Fall weather. It actually cleared up around here, the day was enjoyable.

Sunni, there's nothing wrong with skimping on work a little, from time to time That is one of the advantages of being self employed (of course the #'s at the end of the month are a different story)!

Tranq, time to hang out at the gym or bowling alley now! Don't want you freezing those great big tail feathers off now trying to play golf, ha ha.

I ended up spending my afternoon down in Ravens territory (near Baltimore). I'll have to let IAD know! The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival moves around to a different location every weekend. Last weekend it was in Wilmington, DE - today it was in Timonium, MD, next weekend it will be at another location in MD then it goes to NJ. I try to get to at least one show/year. Their website is pretty good if anyone is interested: Art and Craft Shows - Sugarloaf Craft Festivals / Art Fairs
                          Think of Christmas shopping......................

FindingMyself, good to see you here & everywhere! The weekend plans are essential because most of us have a history of trashing weekends with AL - but that's history now

Putting my tired feet up for a bit now, gonna call it a day soon.
                          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters!!

Am I really the first one up? Come on everybody
                            I'm going to be busy putting on a BD party here today for Mr Lav.
                            Just glad to be hangover free

Have a great day everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Lav.

I'm hangover free too. Feels good. And, yes, I'm starting to think about "winter sports" to keep me from going crazy here. Not much to do though. The midwest is pretty flat, so skiiing involves travel. Plus, I'm not a big fan of cold weather at all - so I try to do some indoor stuff. Gym is on the agenda fer sure. I'm also looking into taking a yoga class.

Anyhow, I'm trying to take advantage of whatever is left of the tolerable weather. Mermaid, Find, how are you guys doing?

Take care all.
                              tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All, just checking in to report starting AF Day 2 and feeling good about it...things are going well here....

Comment

Working...
                                X