• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gotta go back to work, stay strong Last, you have done good :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd.....I feel pretty darn good, thank you for asking. I am on 28 consecutive days of being alcohol free, and I am not looking back. This chick is moving full steam ahead. .
      I have learned a lot about myself and my addiction over the past 28 days, some have been painful, others have been enlightening. I have been faced with challenges, have had to cut ties with people I thought were my friends, have made new friends, I eat when I am hungry and I sleep when I am tired. I no longer spread myself too thin, I no longer feel responsible for the actions or lack of actions by other people in my life, I have secured my own oxygen mask, I have been honest with myself, I have been kind to myself. Above all I have guarded my sobriety with all of my might and will continue to do so, I feel empowered!

How are you doing?
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

just reading all the posts here as i cannot sleep,i am so used to drinking myself to sleep and waking up around 5 but now i can't get to sleep for hours and then wake up a couple of hours later and thats it for the night..so tired !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Twitch, nice to meet you. Hang out with us. New people from other time zones should be joining us soon. Some nights are really hopping in the Nest. Other nights.....not so much.....

How are you doing Onered? You do sound so positive and empowered tonight. Really taking charge of your life and your sobriety. Getting your priorities right. Sure wish I could catch some of that spirit tonight!

Anyone heard from Daisy? Hope she is doing ok. Maybe I'll PM her.......
          AF since 12/2/12
          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1472422 wrote: Hi Twitch, nice to meet you. Hang out with us. New people from other time zones should be joining us soon. Some nights are really hopping in the Nest. Other nights.....not so much.....

How are you doing Onered? You do sound so positive and empowered tonight. Really taking charge of your life and your sobriety. Getting your priorities right. Sure wish I could catch some of that spirit tonight!

Anyone heard from Daisy? Hope she is doing ok. Maybe I'll PM her.......
            :welcome: Twitch.....settle in, get comfy.

Hey Almost free......how are you tonight? What's going on, you sound a little down.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Onered. Sorry, I was just PM-ing Daisy. Haven't heard from her and was checking if she is ok. Yeah, it's been another draining, brutal day......I feel like I have been hanging by a thread the last couple of days, but still hanging on......thanks for asking.
              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sooooo, Twitch. What's going on with you, besides not being able to sleep? I see you joined in January of 2010. Have you been gone long? I just joined at the end of September 2012.
                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello................well, the Nest is sure jumpin' tonight...........guess I'll call it a night......signing off.....
                  AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1472403 wrote: Byrd.....I feel pretty darn good, thank you for asking. I am on 28 consecutive days of being alcohol free, and I am not looking back. This chick is moving full steam ahead. .
                    I have learned a lot about myself and my addiction over the past 28 days, some have been painful, others have been enlightening. I have been faced with challenges, have had to cut ties with people I thought were my friends, have made new friends, I eat when I am hungry and I sleep when I am tired. I no longer spread myself too thin, I no longer feel responsible for the actions or lack of actions by other people in my life, I have secured my own oxygen mask, I have been honest with myself, I have been kind to myself. Above all I have guarded my sobriety with all of my might and will continue to do so, I feel empowered!

How are you doing?
                    Well One, if you can do all this in 28 days, just imagine how AMAZING the rest of your life is going to be! :l:l

And hi to you TWITCH.......WelCome to the nest, settle in and read around a lot. I have seen your posts a couple of times on the forum

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gee, kuya, not one word for me?
                      AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guilt

More than the physical discomfort, my heart is grieved. I quit drinking today for the 100th time. I feel so guilty. I feel like i betrayed everyone. I want to cry. I want to say sorry... but sorry isnt worth anything any more.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Kallie, be of good cheer. You have come to the right place. We have all been where you are right now. We have all had endless day ones. Just don't give up. There are many caring people here, who offer their kindness, support, encouragement and friendship. Read back a bit and get to know us. Post, so we can get to know you, too. There is no condemnation here. Just people who will be here to help you. Stay close and never stop trying. There are many success stories here and you will be one of them, too. We look forward to getting to know you. So glad you found us! Hugs!
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kallie, I just saw your post. I'm sorry you are going through this rough time. But we are here for you! I'm a "newbie" myself so I completely understand what you mean and how you feel, but it does get better. Don't be so hard on yourself! We all slip back to Day 1 from time to time, the important thing is that you keep going, no matter how many times you are back to Day 1. There are absolutely no judgements here! So as difficult as it is, be kind to yourself and try to leave the guilt behind. Take care! :l
                            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest! Happy Monday! The sun is out in South Germany and it is awesome! It's still colder than hell, but we have not had sun in literally weeks so I'll take what I can get.

Day 8 of my accountability. Still feeling good and motivated. I almost slipped on Friday evening, but luckily I had no AL in the house and didn't want to brave the cold to go to the store. So I went to my fridge and had a glass of milk and a few pieces of turkey sausage instead. About 15 minutes later, I was good! So the eating thing really helps. I'm going to try to stick with healthy snacks and juice. I hope everyone who is experimenting with juicing is having success! I love my juicer.

I do have one thing I'm feeling bad about. I accidentally saw an email on my husbands Ipad yesterday... from my father. Apparently my parents are very concerned about me (because of my depression and drinking) and are now emailing my husband about it. Wow, do I feel bad. The last thing in the world I want to do is worry my family, especially since they are so far away (in the USA). What should I do? How do I make them feel better?

Love to all, I wish everyone a wonderful day!
                              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mein. Why don't you tell them that you have found a wonderful place online and are finding the help you need. That you are doing much better now and not to worry. You have caring, supportive friends and are hopeful that you are on your way to a much better and happier life. I'm sure they have been worried sick and it would be kind to reassure them. Just my two cents......

p.s. You ARE doing great! Eight days. Way to go!
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X