Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

In a little while Jenni that situation will not bother you at all.

I went to dinner a few days ago and everyone was drinking then drunk to a degree.

I was the most fun person there, they were boring, embarrassing themselves and I saw one the next day ........she was so hungover and looked haggard. Her whole day was going to be wasted to a hangover.

When I tired of their company I came home, swam and went to bed happy and relieved to have my life back.

One of these 'partygoers ' is an intensive care nurse, I shudder to think the standard of care she was giving that next day.....scary shit !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbys - thank you for coming back everyday and just telling the truth about numbing the pain - that takes courage, guts and honesty. Obviously you care about your life. How about stopping just for today and see what it's like without alcohol adding to the depression? I had to poke my head out of the alcohol fog to see a bit more clearly. I'm on day 8 and thin ice, but skating. If 2 weeks isn't enough to grieve, how much is enough? Hope you know that I'm talking to myself as well.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all! When I learn to count, today will be Day 9! (duh). Big snowstorm here - first notable one all year - thanks global warming. I'M GOING OUT IN THE STORM TO SEE A MOVIE! ON MY OWN! Housework can wait. Hope if I fall asleep they wake me at closing!!!!:H
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ISaIC, what'r you going to see? I saw Silver Linings Playbook over the weekend, it was great! Be careful out there!!! Brrrrrr! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1473150 wrote: love the posts everyone....
            had lunch with colleagues from work today. Since it is Tuesday, I assumed I would be safe but NOOOOO...they both ordered a glass of wine!! The smell was almost unbearable. I suffered through the lunch..even comments like "this wine tastes so good...it is going straight to my head"

Who in the heck drinks at lunch on Tuesday?? That is about the least celebratory day of the week!!
            Good job, Jennie - you are getting stronger and stronger!
            I keep reminding myself, wine didn't really taste that good to me - it felt good once I had consumed enough, which by the end was an awful lot. And then the next day it didn't feel good at all, of course.
            What a stupid loop to keep going around and around and around in day after day.
            The good news is it can be stopped and we are in the right place to get the job done. I am so grateful to have found MWO and the people here.

Have a great, AF evening/day, nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I looked up "kindling". I think it is important for us to know about it. It was the first time I heard about it, "You heard it here first"!!!! I can't remember whom of you gave me the notion in your post. Thanks for it.

I was planning a planned slip in April, hubby gone overnight...and again in August, on vacation, hubby gone 2 nights. AFTER READING UP ON KINDLING FROM A ".GOV" website, I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND.

If you guys read up on it, read the complicated, in depth type of report rather the "gloss over the subject...summary" type.

I had heard that each slip makes it harder, and you get sicker, to get back AF. Big deal (or so I thought)...But when I read the findings of experiments and data from the studies, et al, I was shocked off my buttt. It's way more serious than getting a little more sick - or - gets harder. It's seriously more serious.

Now I really really really see why some of you long timers on this forum are so dedicated to stop AL in it's tracks. AL is really really really bad.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

You know Laststraw, the odd thing is that knowing this about it is not depressing, it is liberating.

No more internal debates, no more fantasies, it's just a part of my past and after the havoc it was wreaking with my life I am so glad it IS in the past.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya, Ya got that right my friend.

Liberating is the word.

My gym is across the street from the bottle store, and now my post off is moving to next to the bottle store. NOW, I don't even care. I actually see no temptation. WAHOOOOO!
                  -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1473171 wrote: I looked up "kindling". I think it is important for us to know about it. It was the first time I heard about it, "You heard it here first"!!!! I can't remember whom of you gave me the notion in your post. Thanks for it.

I was planning a planned slip in April, hubby gone overnight...and again in August, on vacation, hubby gone 2 nights. AFTER READING UP ON KINDLING FROM A ".GOV" website, I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND.

If you guys read up on it, read the complicated, in depth type of report rather the "gloss over the subject...summary" type.

I had heard that each slip makes it harder, and you get sicker, to get back AF. Big deal (or so I thought)...But when I read the findings of experiments and data from the studies, et al, I was shocked off my buttt. It's way more serious than getting a little more sick - or - gets harder. It's seriously more serious.

Now I really really really see why some of you long timers on this forum are so dedicated to stop AL in it's tracks. AL is really really really bad.

-S-
                    Hi Last Straw, Do you have the link/s for the articles that really convinced you? I would love to read them.

Thanks, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey MinStar!!! How ARE you??? What have you been up to? So glad you checked in with us! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends, just wanted to wish Elliesmum, Onered and Jimmy a very hearty congratulations!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest!
                          I hope everyone had a good day today.
                          Day 16 for me. Hanging tough. Taking my antabuse and feeling pretty good. I avoided a dinner party that involved heavy drinking because I don't want to be around it right now.
                          Cravings come and go, but the best part is, they do go.
                          Came home and made dinner and now it's time to work on some assignments for school. Have a lovely night in the cozy nest!
                          *sprinkles sober dust for all*
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Pinecone! I always look forward to your checking in. Hey Nursie! GREAT JOB on Day 16!!!

Fin, how are you doing? Let us hear from you! XO, Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still AF happy to say, two weeks now, am laying low avoiding temptation, and thank goodness I am feeling stronger every day. My focus is making sure my children never ever have to see me hungover ever again, they are young enough that it will be a forgotten memory if I can lead a AF life. Hope everyone is battling their own demons to the ground.

Have a great week
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

NO SUGAR, I'll try a link for you.

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/25-34.pdf

I found it under ....kindling and alcohol abuse......the article is titled " Kindling in Alcohol Withdrawal".

Hope that helps y'all.

-S-

Comment

Working...
                                X