Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1473202 wrote: NO SUGAR, I'll try a link for you.

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/25-34.pdf

I found it under ....kindling and alcohol abuse......the article is titled " Kindling in Alcohol Withdrawal".

Hope that helps y'all.

-S-
    Thanks, Straw. It was not an easy read but it sure makes it clear why quits don't get easier:

Over the past two decades, a large body of clinical data has suggested that repeated AW may exacerbate the severity of future withdrawal episodes.

I don't ever want to feel again the way I did the last week of January or so and certainly don't want to feel any worse.

NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1473191 wrote: Still AF happy to say, two weeks now, am laying low avoiding temptation, and thank goodness I am feeling stronger every day. My focus is making sure my children never ever have to see me hungover ever again, they are young enough that it will be a forgotten memory if I can lead a AF life. Hope everyone is battling their own demons to the ground.

Have a great week
      Congratulations on 2 weeks of success, Halo! You have your eye on such a good prize. Your kids will get to grow up with a parent who is present to them and they can count on.

Keep us posted! - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

Just checking in: Feeling good today. Just some body aches from the weekend binge. But genereally cheerful and positive. Today is day 3!

Comment

Newbies Nest

That kindling stuff is HEAVY
          thanks for sharing the LINK.....Why don't more people know about this?
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jay-J;1473210 wrote: Hi,

Just checking in: Feeling good today. Just some body aches from the weekend binge. But genereally cheerful and positive. Today is day 3!
            Glad things are going well for you, Jay-J. Did you get that (very inexpensive!) Kindle book?

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenni, there is a bunch of stuff about Kindling in the Tool Box. Our Tool Box really is an amazing place...everything we could ever need to know is there. I wish it were a little more organzied, but I guess that's the nature of it. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1473213 wrote: Glad things are going well for you, Jay-J. Did you get that (very inexpensive!) Kindle book?
                Thanks. And yes, I did. I'm learning more from it than the $10,000 rehab I did a few months ago

What a relief!

Regards.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jay-J;1473218 wrote: Thanks. And yes, I did. I'm learning more from it than the $10,000 rehab I did a few months ago

What a relief!

Regards.
                  Good Grief, $3.89 vs. $10,000! Once you succeed at this quit, you should write a book!:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

potstickers, Bobbyslife and what I was going to say to the next

thinking about these stopped me from having a glass of wine tonight and beginning what would have been a binge. You work with what you have, what can I say???? I don't know where I'm getting this strength, willpower, blessings and grace - but I am grateful beyond words. Saw a great, magical, enchanting movie tonight - and now I'm sitting here with my potstickers, watching the news, and telling the Nest about it. Dreams do come true. How you doing Bobbyslife?
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

what book? I've got a kindle!!!!
                      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

There is a gym in my building. Right next to the bar that is open until 3:00 a.m. each night. Guess which one is the right turn???!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

This one:

Amazon.com: Allen Carr's Easyway to Control Alcohol (9781848374652): Allen Carr: Books

Hope it helps you too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1473168 wrote: ISaIC, what'r you going to see? I saw Silver Linings Playbook over the weekend, it was great! Be careful out there!!! Brrrrrr! B
                            I saw a (free preview!) of Oz the Great and Powerful - it had all the childhood magic of the original - just enchanting!!! Lots of special effects. The walk home in the snow on this crisp, clear night was the perfect time for me to sort out that I was not stopping for a glass of wine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there. I'm new to this site. Posted a thread "about me" you can read all about me lol. I look forward to visiting some more

"Sometimes life just isn't that bad" can't remember where I heard it

Comment

Working...
                                X