Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Charles Bukowski

Congrats to you to all of you! All of you have strong will power or you would not even be posting here! So, I have no urge to drink after having a few this weekend.. However, I have a cold and I blame that on the weekend beers! Boredom is your worst enemy! Workout, eat good! Find lots of satisfying hobbies!
    ?That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
    ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! I hope everyone has their determination set on high. I received my Nutribullet yesterday, so I'm working in an earlier trip to the grocery store to get some more smoothie ingredients. I've been using my mini blender, but want to give this new one more of a challenge with a wider variety of veggies and fruits. I've been feeling under the weather since the weekend, but maybe some power packed nutrients will lift me back up...that and lowering some of the stress I've been loaded up with lately. It's important that we don't stop taking care of ourselves in healthy ways and keep setting boundaries even for our own behaviors that can be harmful to ourselves and not just AL. We do many things that can bring us down by our own hands and thoughts. Sooooooooo, let's make today a positive day full of healthy choices.

Congrats to Patrick on 150 days! Wowza! Outstanding. When I get to 150 days, I hope I can have a different color for my flying underwear. Just a request.

Thank you, Byrdlady! That was touching to me, and I appreciated your note.:l

May you all have a successful day or night toward your current goals!

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

Sorry I've been sort of AWOL lately, I'm really focused on getting healthy, which means lots of trips to the gym, and by the time I get home I am pooped and ready for bed.

Slay - Enjoy your Nutribullet...I LOVE mine. You can buy frozen fruits too. I read that the way they flash freeze them actually preserves more nutrients than the "fresh" fruit is able to retain. I got some great frozen peaches the other day...yum. The only down side is that all of this healthy food is expensive! It's sad that you can get junk food so cheap, but try to eat healthy and you're spending an arm and a leg.

I need to read back to see what everyone is up to, but I do want to mention how proud I am of PATRICK for earning his coveted flying-undies! WAY TO GO!!! Keep it up...you're doing great!

Everyone have a great day in the nest!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1473414 wrote: Patrick, it is an honor and a privilege to bestow only the second pair of drawers to be awarded! This Award is for a Massive Load of days accrued....150 Days AF....that's 150 nights of knowing exactly where your underwear were at all times. Well done, dear friend...

:flyingunders:

Here's to a lifetime of moving undergarments! XO, Byrdie
          :Hwhen did this underpants thing start?:H
          thanks Byrdy .I hope they are new and sans skidmarks:egad:
          I will say it again but without MWO and the nest and all of you people I would not be sober today so thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
          :wave:
          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Such great posts. Yes to a healthy day of choices and Kuya's line about the nonsense of taking a drug if you're not going to get high. That's what I feel about decaf soda or coffee, really?

Have a great day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

might just be the first time "massive load"..."underpants"...and "skidmarks"...were all seen in the same post...

Congratulations Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're killin' me Lola!!!! ROTFLMAO!
                AF since 12/2/12
                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1473461 wrote: might just be the first time "massive load"..."underpants"...and "skidmarks"...were all seen in the same post...

Congratulations Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  :H:H:H:H:H
                  now where is Kuya:H
                  oh and I would just like to say, I am here (ahem)standing proud and absolutely bulging with pride to be a "member" here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick pop in.....I have not fallen off the wagon, I have been tending to a slightly injured pup. I will post more later.
                    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                    ~Author Unknown
                    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H Lola!!! Good one, girl!!

Patrick, the FU Award (Flying Underwear) Bahahaha, again!!! Started last week when Running Courage put me on the spot to produce and award for Star's Landmark 150 days. It seems to have stuck! (she does the moons so what could have been more fitting than undees?) Plus, when you do get to use THAT icon???
                      Nice acceptance speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short and sweet! Bahahaha....XO, B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to hear from you, One. Hope the puppy will be ok.

Stop, Patrick, I'm going to bust a gut laughing! You are good. Very good. Do you rhyme, too? We had a pretty good limmerick competition going here not long ago. RC and Byrdie were great contenders!
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope the pup's ok one red!

Patrick;1473467 wrote: :H:H:H:H
                          now where is Kuya:H
                          oh and I would just like to say, I am here (ahem)standing proud and absolutely bulging with pride to be a "member" here.
                          I don't know, Byrdie, I think in Patrick's case we might want to forego the FU award...maybe we could erect a statue in his honor instead? Have a real celebration...someone could play a song on the organ...just a simple one. Not too hard.

Now where's my 15 year old boy when I need him? You can't say two words around that kid without him snickering that you've made some kind of innuendo.:H
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1473510 wrote: I hope the pup's ok one red!

I don't know, Byrdie, I think in Patrick's case...maybe we could erect a statue in his honor instead? .:H
                            I think a large erection somewhere would be very fitting lolab :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just want to add my CONGRATULATIONS to Patrick on achieving the FU award! Lots of great humour in the Nest today....LOL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

maybe in the tool box? :H

Comment

Working...
                                X