Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

noal;1473966 wrote: So many people on here post the day after they fell off the wagon...I wish I would have done that a year ago because I'm sure someone would have said the right thing to get me back on track.
    Hi Noal and welcome back!

I found that posting BEFORE I fell (or jumped) off the wagon helped me a few times. You've seen how powerful these posts can be...so much so that they can help you before you find out "the hard way"...as I did MANY times!

Please stick close...I know you can do this!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to everyone who is breaking records!

Noal-Welcome (back). Your story has touched me today. I was looking back at your old posts and it seems the plan that you just mentioned is the same you posted back on page 1507 or so. What went wrong then that won't go wrong now? Just asking because I want you to be prepared. I really feel for your kids because I watched my father travel this road also and it was heart breaking. Your wife is a strong woman.

Please treat yourself with kindness and stick close. I hope to see posts from you often.

Evenyone else, have a successful AF day!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
        Been super busy lately...I am the chairperson for an event our club puts on every year and I have been up to my arse in details and planning.
        I have been reading when I can and will get back in the groove soon.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thelaststraw....CONGRATULATIONS on 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown
          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie!
            Onered- I LOVED your 30 day post SO MUCH!!! It should go in the toolbox!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1474030 wrote: Hi Dottie!
              Onered- I LOVED your 30 day post SO MUCH!!! It should go in the toolbox!
              Thank you Starfish.....I put it in the tool box. . I hope you are having a wonderful day.
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown
              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my!! as you all know My Girlfriend that was living with me for 5 years , left 2 weeks ago. Now I have been receiving harassing phone calls from the man who she is living with. I did just find out she is trying to take my dog away from me. My dog which I paid for means so much to me and does not belong to her. I did give into the drinking, how else can I deal with all this a girlfriend commited to marriage, and then run off with another man all due to that I was working too much. regardless I thank you all for your help. My so called professional help is weeks away which means a flood of anti depressants. I self medicate until this ends.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh great, onered! That was AWESOME and Thanks to all my friends in the nest, I am having a good day. Hope everyone else is too!

This nest has saved my life!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Bobby- that is horrible news about your dog. I love my dogs and can't imagine them being taken away.
                    Bobby- what do you mean by self-medicate? Drink? If so, the alcohol will depress you even more than you already are. Please believe this. It is true. Please stop drinking to try to make yourself feel better- that will not work!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, OneRed-I don't think I even know who I am. I wear so many hats besides the bag. Depending on whom I'm with, is the person that I am. I'm such a people pleaser and always have been, striving to be perfect, religous, athletic, smart, prude, funny, slacker, partier, lover, abstainer, niece, mom, daughter, grand daughter, cousin, friend, wife, divorce', staff member, boss, etc. Whatever the situation called for.

I'm taking a phrase I've heard a lot of from a cousin recently "not my problem" and truly trying to cast off any guilt of not embracing whatever it is and making it mine, whether anyone wanted me to or not. I'm trying to look at each thing and say "am I truly doing this because I want to or because I'll be "seen" doing it and make someone happy'

It's tough.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not Again

Dang it. I've caved again. Lot's of stress going on with my dad who has not been doing well and my having to really take control of the whole situation. I thought I'd get right back on the horse and did so for two days and then caved again. Shoot-shoot! Back to zero, but I'm not crushed. I know I can get my 100 days!

On a positive note, the boat is really coming along! Got some paint on her now.

Be good,
                        -Fin
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is getting my life way out of order. Yes I hate to say I did go baack to drinking. My boss said I need more days to think this through, I was told I was not being myself. I really was not I was just delpleted of sleep and from the nasty hangovers, now her friend called my work and told the office I am this and that and he needs to give up her dog and a piece of furniture. he did not even use his real name. I tried to go to the law and they said I need 2 instances with this person.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby, if you are drinking right now...we really can't help you. Cause there's no reasoning with AL. We can't help you with the legal stuff or the ex's...we can help you beat this AL thing. But we need you sober first. Stop drinking now and get something to eat. Maybe get some rest. As you know, or are finding out, drinking doesn't make anything go away or make it any better, just worse. B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby, WHAT is getting your life out of order?
                              It's the drinking, right?
                              The best thing to do- EVEN though I know it is very hard, is to FIRST STOP DRINKING! Things will get better from there. You will be able to think more clearly and distinguish the important things in your life (job, health, sanity) from the non-important things (friends who are dragging you down and causing you pain and worry)

Hey Fin- Boat looks great! Sorry to hear about your dad. Eat an elephant one bite at a time! Be good!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1474019 wrote: Congrats to everyone who is breaking records!

Noal-Welcome (back). Your story has touched me today. I was looking back at your old posts and it seems the plan that you just mentioned is the same you posted back on page 1507 or so. What went wrong then that won't go wrong now? Just asking because I want you to be prepared. I really feel for your kids because I watched my father travel this road also and it was heart breaking. Your wife is a strong woman.

Please treat yourself with kindness and stick close. I hope to see posts from you often.

Evenyone else, have a successful AF day!
                                I know its not a plan for the long haul. I am starting out with the same plan as before because I feel it worked the first time for 5 months...I think its a good start.

My counselor asked why I started back up again and I did not have an answer...I don't remember why. Probably became complacent and thought I could moderate or something dumb like that???

Actually, as I write this and now that I think about it - the weather was turning nice, the hot rod was being prepped for paint after 8 years of building so a lot of time was spent in the garage alone. You know how AL gives you instant satisfaction whether its a bad day or a celebration, I think maybe I was celebrating my milestone of being ready for paint....don't know for sure but the timing sounds right. I'm sure after being sober for 5 months my family was most likely comfortable with me by then and felt I was over it and the plan worked and no need to look him in the eye or go on errands any more.

Basically I caved in, gave up and was hooked again.

I know I need get prepared. I plan to read thru the tool box, pull out some ideas and adjust my plan because its the long term that I need to focus on.

Next week is spring break and we as a family are taking a vacation Sat - Wed...so later next week I hope to post some new ideas for my plan so anyone can give me feed back.

Comment

Working...
                                X