Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Noal-great job!
    Bobby-my heart breaks for you but you've got to pull yourself up! You cannot continue down this road.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am trying. I don't want to drink but its dulls the pain. I have to go move to my parents since I was threanted and I do not feel safe , and Ive lived here for 10 years. They live 70 miles away. what a commute this would be. I do not know why at almost 36 years old, people have to play these games. I asked her what do you want, this and that, then the other man came on the phone and said this and that, then she got on the phone "we are just not compatible" this just happens after 5 years. No I am not drinking now though the urges are so so there

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1473942 wrote: Nesters, we have more big DOINGS today!!
        thelaststraw, on behalf of the Newbie's Nest, it is with GREAT PRIDE, that I present you with this Major Award:

:goodtime:

I'm not sure anyone outside of these 4 virtual walls knows how much work went into achieving this. 30 nights of nail biting and hand wringing...30 days of waking up to see if others were still here...30 days of telling Dick Head to go to hell!!! In our world, this is as good as it gets!! We are all so proud of you!!!

As you can see, I always ask for an acceptance speech, and as you can also see, they are always very powerful...after all, you don't get yer hat by being a slack-jawed-nose-picker! Do you have a few words as to what you've learned?
        Not only have you received, but you have given back!! WELL DONE!! Byrdie
        THANKS SO MUCH, one and all. I humbly accept this Award on behalf of all past present and future newbies. Thanks for all the encouragement, information, jokes, and for just being here. Because of you, many will come to know the unexpected freedom one can experience by not letting AL in your life. Al is a big CREEP and no one needs a CREEP in their life.:thanks:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noal.....welcome back

I think you have hit the nail on the head ! Complacency and heightened emotions. I still have to be VERY careful of the celebration trigger.

Now you know where that leads you will be VERY careful next time, I suspect.

I did the same last Christmas and blew nine weeks. Threw myself a 'one night' party that lasted more than eight months.......scared the life outta me. Hopefully NEVER again, but I check in here many times daily to protect THIS quit.

Bobbyslife.......since you seem to need additional help try to get some sober time so your counsellor can help with underlying issues. This is NOT about your ex GF, your psyche is focusing on her to avoid the REAL reason.
          Please remember your job is at stake by the sounds of it, even if you are not sleeping well sober you will still function better at work sober rather than drunk.

I used insomnia as the EXCUSE to return to drinking for 23 years......it was a crock of shit......I just didn't want to quit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS LAST STRAW

YOU HAVE TRULY EARNED THIS, BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Last Straw :goodjob: and :wow:

Bobby you need all your wits about you right now, if you start on the sauce you will not have them. Drinking does not help stress, grief, loss, hurt or anything else, you can kid yourself it does but you won't con this old bird. Yes you can black out and forget, until you come round and have all the problems to deal with as well as a hangover. Can you not kennel your dog away from your ex - not ideal but at least he will be safe and looked after for the here and now. Believe me, I tried to drink my way out of losing my parents and husband, financial problems and relationship problems, it don't work!

Evening everybody else

I did some adding up today and I can hardly believe today is day 89. When I started this very personal crusade to kick the booze I set myself a 90 day target and its tomorrow! I may be celebrating but it won't be with champagne, wine or anything else I'd have had in the past. I might just go and treat myself to a really big Yankee candle, it won't make me fat and will last longer than a bottle of something.

A huge :thanks: to each and every one of you here for keeping me focussed, without this forum I would probably be considering the third bottle by now :eeew:
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spider...no truer words!!
                Well done on your 89 days!!! Keep your eyes on the prize...cause at 100 days, you get a BYRD!!! I know you'll get it, too! GREAT JOB!

Fin, I just saw a quote and it reminded me of you...
                You can't change the wind, but you can adjust your sails. Welcome back on board! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"When I started this very personal crusade to kick the booze I set myself a 90 day target "

spider-now what?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby, can you just not answer the phone? Let it go to voice mail EVERY TIME and see what happens. I bet they get all mouthy and threatening and then you'll have some proof you can take to the police.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1474118 wrote: "When I started this very personal crusade to kick the booze I set myself a 90 day target "

spider-now what?
                      A 900 day then 9,000 day, then 90,000 day target I think. I have learnt a lot here but the most important thing is that AL can never be part of my life again. I know if I have that one drink it will lead to total meltdown. Like many other newcomers the post about kindling came as a bit of a shock. I was very lucky in that I didn't suffer too badly with withdrawal and I never want to.

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's kindling Spidey ??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spidey-that's what I like to hear. I worry about "a date" and then the let down that it is just another day, no fireworks, no rainbows, no money falling from the sky, etc. I'm glad to hear you are moving forward. Me too. I did my 30, and now it's just forever, and I don't feel deprived or short changed. It's awesome! Great job!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

spiderwoman;1474123 wrote: A 900 day then 9,000 day, then 90,000 day target I think. I have learnt a lot here but the most important thing is that AL can never be part of my life again. I know if I have that one drink it will lead to total meltdown. Like many other newcomers the post about kindling came as a bit of a shock. I was very lucky in that I didn't suffer too badly with withdrawal and I never want to.
                            I hear you. Back in the first few days I couldn't even consider that I'd never drink again. Now I've resigned to the face and that thought is never far from the front of my brain. It's taking will power, disipline but most of all - the terrible memories to keep me away.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1474127 wrote: What's kindling Spidey ??
                              It was something I saw mentioned on this forum so googled and didn't like what I read relating to attempting to stop and start, was quiite scary.

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1474127 wrote: What's kindling Spidey ??
                                I have PMed you the post about kindling Satzy

Comment

Working...
                                X