Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey NoSugar! Gosh, I'm famous and don't even know it!!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1474848 wrote: I'm here, OneRed! I try to stay close on Friday nights...well, that, and I have no social life...bahahaha... pretty quiet here tonight, hope everyone is doing great.
      almostfree...I'm with you...the more I get to know people the more I love my dog! Who said that, Mark Twain or some famous person...my doggie is always so happy to see me. It's wonderful! I can almost see what she is thinking....no malice at all, it's great.
      Hello, friday night nesters!

Probably the more we model ourselves on our dogs, the better!

I have a goofy golden retriever who is always happy about herself, not afraid to ask for/demand what she needs, and is up for any adventure at a moment's notice, even if she is sound asleep at the time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1474850 wrote: Hey NoSugar! Gosh, I'm famous and don't even know it!!
        I just had to buy that brand when I saw it --- You are watching over us here and now also from my kitchen counter. !

And, you make excellent coffee...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mine is a Chihuahua, and she wakes up sooooo happy! We have a little routine in the morning. She loves it when I blow on her belly (Belly Bubbles). I wake up happy, too now...so that helps a lot!
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdlady, Almostfree ,Nosugar.....

Dogs truly are amazing in my opinion. I was just reading a personality article about how the type/breed of dog we chose reflects our personality. It was kind of eye opening. I am doing well tonight, hope all of you are too.
            I have been pussy footing around the idea of quitting smoking, so I made a decision tonight. I literally just tore up an entire pack of cigarettes and threw them in the trash. Smoking is like drinking was for me.....a crutch and too damn much work. I am so fliping tired of addiction. I needed to get it off of my chest
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

One'rs, you are the second person I know who is quitting today! I never picked up a cigarette because it is just the type of thing I'd have latched on to. Wish I'd have had that foresight with AL. I have always felt like an ex smoker....it's odd. I'm sorry, I'm sure it's a tough one to kick, too. But if you are as tough with that as you have been with AL, then my money's on you!
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you, OneRedShoe!
                Pretty soon you are going to be just too PERFECT !
                I see a lot of AF/ NF signatures around here so clearly, it can be done. With how you nailed this last month AF, I know you can do it if you are truly committed and it certainly sounds like you are!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am a pretty stubborn gal.....I just cleaned up my smoking area in the garage and made sure there weren't any "hidden" packs of cigarettes....broke and threw out the ashtray. I will be back in a bit, I need to shower to get the stink off of me from smoking earlier
                  "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                  ~Author Unknown
                  AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

If I don't like television anymore, is that a good thing?

Being AF and all.... I never thought I could give up my TV.

But now, TV sucks. Even the news broadcasts all make light of AL drinks venues and drink on air. The shows I'd watch all had AL involved. Such a revelation.

I thought I'd do a graph of how many times AL was in TV scenes, but then I'd have to view the crap.

Not going to do THAT.

CREEPS ME OUT.
                    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

If I don't like television anymore, is that a good thing?

Being AF and all.... I never thought I could give up my TV.

But now, TV sucks. Even the news broadcasts all make light of AL drinks venues and drink on air. The shows I'd watch all had AL involved. Such a revelation.

I thought I'd do a graph of how many times AL was in TV scenes, but then I'd have to view the crap.

Not going to do THAT.

CREEPS ME OUT.
                      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry about that 2X post.
                        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

One Red, I'd toss my ciggs in the dumpster, when I was trying to quit---then dumpster dive 2 hours later to get them back rather than buying new ones. That was 20 years ago. AND it was a BIG dumpster....hoping no one saw and recognized me.
                          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

one red=non smoker.lease:
                            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

The afternoon cooking shows on TV with all the wine guzzling get on my nerves laststraw! I won't watch any of them!
                              I decided to quit smoking & drinking shortly after the birth of my first grandchild. For some reason he was motivation enough for me to quit both. Now I spend all the time I want around the 3 grandkids with no worries

Wishing everyone a safe AF night on the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

One red...how are you?
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X