Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for responding sunshine, I don't think I can stop until the bottle is done ..... whewww, I am trying to keep busy, laundry and such, while watching Dr. Oz. I appreciate your concern and hope you will still be there for me when I get back to my plan to be AF. God, why is it so damn hard? Anyway, enough of this. Could you tell me how to PM you?
    P
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Milly24,

I to am on day 3. It seems that once the shakes go away & you start sleeping a bit better & the fog has more or less lifted, I too started thinking about drinking again today.
      But my plan is this, get on this website and reach out before you get in that car to buy that bottle.
      I'm hoping it's a good plan for now until I get stronger.
      Good Luck,
      BBBB

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the reply BBB, god, today was horrible and still is , even with the friggin wine.
        I feel totally useless, what the hell?? Hope you are doing well. I am sure none of us ever imagined that quitting would be so hard?
        P

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds So Familiar!

To BBB & Milly ~
          :welcome:
          I've managed to go 4 days AF since joining MWO about 2 weeks ago. That's the longest I've made it in 5 years. So I'm proud of that and now I know I can do it. You can do it too!
          I really messed up last week and over the weekend. I was determined to be AF last night and something just snaps in my head and BOOM! I'm opening a bottle of wine! I was so mad this morning when I felt like crap and was late for work.
          As far as getting in the car to go buy a bottle?? I will mysteriously discover something I "need" and "have" to make a run to the store........and oops.......I also picked up a bottle while I was there- wow.
          We are all the same in this......we all have our little traits and secrets- so we can all get better too I'm sure of it. I'm AF tonight- day 1 again. I'm hoping to make it until Friday. I'm not planning for longer than that because I know it's not realistic. I'm also off all next week- Fall Break- so "vacation" for me. uh oh.
          And NO- I can't get into chat- will someone tell me how???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Franzia how true...however, I am confident that we will all get past this step, kill the gruesome beast that seems to overtake me.
            Have a good nite and thx for your concern
            P

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just sent you a PM, Milly - you should get an email notification. OR... look at the top right corner (blue box) You will see 'Private Messages' (a hyper link). Click it and use the link panel on your left for options (e.g. Send New Message, etc.)

Franzia... towards the top of your screen (this window) you will see a blue bar with links. "User CP Live Chat Blogs FAQ Members List, etc. (you'll have to be logged in). Click on chat and 'open in new window' (your original window will still be there) or 'open in Forum web page.
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why is it soooo hard?

If was easy we wouldn't need this site or any other program. Anything hard makes you stronger, right?

Good luck to all!
                BBBB

Comment

Newbies Nest

Milly24;730257 wrote: Thanks for responding sunshine, I don't think I can stop until the bottle is done ..... whewww, I am trying to keep busy, laundry and such, while watching Dr. Oz. I appreciate your concern and hope you will still be there for me when I get back to my plan to be AF. God, why is it so damn hard? Anyway, enough of this. Could you tell me how to PM you?
                  P
                  Sending postive thoughts your way:l Em
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Pretty busy day around here I see

Sunni, glad you are back & on duty around here today..........bless you Hope you are well!!

Milly, I'm sorry you felt the need to drink today. It is difficult to stop but not impossible. I remember, when I joined last winter, many good folks on this site were advising to wait out the cravings. They usually only last 15-20 min. then they're gone. I remember taking deep breaths, distracting myself by doing something entirely different like taking a short walk, logging on here, etc.! It worked and soon the cravings came less frequently with less intensity. I really hope you can get back on board very soon.

BBBB, welcome, glad you are here! I didn't use any medications or the recommended supplements myself. But, like Sunni, I did (and still do) rely heavily on the Hypno CDs. They made a huge difference in my thinking, helped me to relax, etc. I wish you the best

Sooty, hope the sniffles are drying up for you friend!

FindingMyself & Tassimo, sounds like you are doing well & that's great news!

Hi to Emmy! Looks like you have 7 AF days now? Fantastic
                    I quit smoking in May too - now that's rough..........

We are all here because we want to be here. Quitting AL is hard but not impossible. I get up each & every morning & make my pledge to not drink that day. I think making that pledge really helps me stay focused
                    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest, move in a little closer, it's getting chilly
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!
                      God it feels like I've been away for months but in reality only a few days~ which was a dismal failure in terms of AL consumption....buggar,damn,blast.But I knew it would be near on impossible to go (to be with the people I was with) & go AF,or even reduction....hence a nasty setback on my nearly 3 weeks of modding.
                      Square 1 again....ho hum...
                      Hello to all newcomers - great to see you.I'm so with everyone on their little issues & problems...but guess what...those cd's literally saved my life.And even though I grimly acknowledge my drinking was way too much on the weekend,I am not consumed by guilt.First time ever,I swear.Those clearing cd's have emptied my mind of negative thoughts,no kidding.So I can take a deep breath & step up again to the plate.It's bizarre for me but true.
                      Hey Tranq dearest where's our next date? You choose restaurant & I can start to pick out my meal....come on,come on,come on....oh,did I tell you I was impatient?
                      It's Tuesday today for us here in Oz,spring warming the days,going to get my big fat horse FIT for the upcoming show in (yikes!) just under 3 weeks...
                      OK,some chores to do now but I will be back again later....toodle-oo!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear that the CDs worked well for you Lavande and Beagle, as I just got mine today so maybe will give one a listen tonight. I don't know if the Kudzu works or if it just a placebo effect, but cravings have definitely been way down. Maybe it is just a matter of getting past the first few days?

Franzia, I know that feeling about "needing" to go to the grocery store for something! I used to scour my fridge and cupboards trying to find something I needed so I could actually make a list. Funny I never had to write the word "wine" on there - it was just a given.

Beagle I talked with one of my good drinking buddies last night and she was pouring the beer and of course asking me what I was drinking - cause you know it's just always a given that I am drinking. Told her I needed to get the alcohol out of my system and she was cool with it, but if I had been at her house I know I would have indulged and probably gone overboard!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI All!

Just a quick check in here as haven't been on for awhile! All okay,still modding etc. Hope everyone is doing well! I am going away for a few days with no access (camping),so will catch up when back. Sorry I've been a bit remiss,a few family situations here..nothing bad..just messy!

Luv to All,back soon
                          Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chicken good to see you, glad you're doing well and hope the trip goes well.
                            Beagle glad you're not beating yourself up - that really is a waste of energy that is.
                            Lav lovely to see you as always and I like that idea of making a pledge to yourself every morning - think I'll follow you in that one my friend although perhaps making the pledge in the evening would make more sense as I never drank in the day time.
                            We will all get there one way or another I just know it. Keep on trying everyone
                            see you later
                            sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning !!
                              I am back to Day 1 today after slipping last night. Having barely slept last night filled with remorse and developing a wicked headache around 3 a.m. I am more than ready to jump back on the wagon. I hope everyone has a great day, we have a beautiful fall day coming up, leaves are changing and the sun will be shining.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Chicken & beagle, glad you checked in! I hope you guys are OK, handling things as well as possible

Sooty, I started making the daily pledges when I joined QuitNet in May to quit smoking. Just makes sense to me to make a pledge every day to keep both my quits going. Feel free to join me

FindingMyself, use & enjoy those CDs. The Clearing CD was amazing for me. I think I'll revisit it myself very soon. I love the Hypno CD, it has 2 parts. Listen to the 1st part, at least once, then listen to part 2 every night as you go to sleep.........very relaxing

Milly, we're pulling for you! Jump right back on board & hang on tight, OK?

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday, I'll be back later!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X