Newbies Nest

Lavande...I know what you mean!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Creeps me...why watch that stuff ?
      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to consider letting go of the TV. It really does me no good. Hubby would agree to that.
        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

But I really like my TV...it doesn't trigger me, it just buggs me about the s?x , AL viol?nce, even the "news" ....hmmm.

Every once in awhile there is a really nice story about something nice.

But mostly it cramps my style. hmmm ...let it go, huh? too much money paid for the benefits.
          sigh
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1474869 wrote: One Red, I'd toss my ciggs in the dumpster, when I was trying to quit---then dumpster dive 2 hours later to get them back rather than buying new ones. That was 20 years ago. AND it was a BIG dumpster....hoping no one saw and recognized me.
            -S-

This made me laugh.....:H:H I have this absolute vivid image in my head. That gives a whole new meaning to dumpster diving. I tore them up and put them in the dog poop trash bin, to ensure I won't go diving for them.

I needed to revise this, when I read your story, I could picture myself doing the exact same thing, this is why it made me laugh. I wasn't laughing at you in a mean or spiteful way, and I fear that it came off that way. I am really sorry if I upset you, it was not my intention.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

One red....oh glad for your laugh.
              dog doo, equally vivid....
              -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1474899 wrote: One red....oh glad for your laugh.
                dog doo, equally vivid....
                -S-
                Thank you so much for sharing that story, you made my day. :l that's why I threw them in the poop bin, I knew I couldn't be trusted if there was the slightest chance that I could get them back, and there was no way I was going into the poop.
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya OneRedShoe,

Congrats on the decision to quit the cigs! How you doing?
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1474855 wrote: Mine is a Chihuahua, and she wakes up sooooo happy! We have a little routine in the morning. She loves it when I blow on her belly (Belly Bubbles). I wake up happy, too now...so that helps a lot!
                    OMG.....I thought I was the only person who did belly bubbles on their dog, we call it "tummy time" :H
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1474928 wrote: Hiya OneRedShoe,

Congrats on the decision to quit the cigs! How you doing?
                      I am good, how about you?
                      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day two...still to share with my partner that booze can no longer be a choice for me.Tomorrow will be first challenge,get together with friends for dinner this usually involves 6,7,8 drinks but not tonight.A few of the group judge people,I am too raw for their judgement.I have quit before for maybe two three months a time so me not drinking won't be too unusual to them.I need time in my head first to push this one through.This cannot fail, I come first.If a couple of friends have to be dropped from my life sthen so be.I know once I share with partner he will be 110% supportive....Glad I found you guys.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here and hope the best for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kitten 2222, I know it is going to be a long road, but baby steps.Some things that I just have to avoid at the moment to make me stronger.

Comment

Newbies Nest

we call belly bubbles BLOOPERS .... don't know why....but I save them for my boys

Welcome Caz and Kitten.....you guys are in the right place. Go to the tool box to gear yourself up for the ride of a lifetime. Stay close to the nest and listen to our elders (in terms of time in recovery). They really do know what works and what doesn't. This is a wonderful place for all the strong and courageous people (like you) who come here here to get AL out of their lives so they can be truly happy and free ...
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

caz==stick here

just saying, because it helps.

welcome
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X