Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: I'm so glad that you found us Ketten. Stay cose. Read lots. Post often. Together we can heal! :l
    Kitten2222;1474938 wrote:
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning.......oneredshoe (by the way where is the other shoe....dog ate it)

I just love love love this quote.......i have been sharing this with all my friends and co workers.............I listen to Joyce Meyers every morning while getting ready for work.........It sets my mindset for the day.........

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing........it has inspired me not to dwell in the past too long......and to keep looking forward day by day................
      You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Caz and Kitten! Welcome back Ican! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. My family is keeping me very busy, as usual on Saturdays!
        Hey guys, I never even thought about blowing on my dogs bellies! I think I'm gonna give it a try! Sounds fun ( for someone- prolly more fun for the dogs). I'll let you know how it turns out!
        Xoxo star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Lots of new faces! Welcome Caz, Kitten, ShamefulD, and welcome again Columbia and Ican! Kradle, great to see you and hear another story of sober success.

Fin, Bobby, Rednose, Daisy....let us hear from you!

Newcomers, be sure to check out the Tool Box link in my signature line below...it's good reading! If nothing else, it helps you know that you are not alone and these crazy thoughts you are having are NORMAL. Together, we can get thru to the other side!

Happy Sattidy everyone! Be sure to spring forward tonight (Daylight Saving Time). 60 minutes less in the witching hour to deal with today! You will be one hour ahead of schedule!

Star, Belly Bubbles are fun for the whole family!! Enjoy!! XO, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

brand new

Hello, just signed in for the first time. On day seven and so far so good. Kind of grieving the loss. Campral seems to work, but only taking 1/2 dose.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Moody, just heard you sneak in! 7 days is huge in our world! Starfish1 will be along with a token of acknowledgement of this occasion! Stay tuned for that!
              You have landed in the best place possible if you are ready to get this monkey off your back. Read back several days here in the nest and get to know us...then jump in and tell us what brings you by. Also, as I was saying in the previous post, check out the Tool Box in the link below. There are 100's of tips and coping skills there to help you get thru these first challenging days. We are so glad you found us.
              I'm not sure anyone in the nest here is taking Camprel...but we can certainly offer support for you. We've seen/done/heard just about everything as it relates to AL. Welcome aboard!!! Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Odie! Glad you found us! :welcome: Great job on the 7 days. There is usually an award for that - Hopefully Star will check in or maybe Byrdie can bestow this one.

Settle in and read all you can.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, moodie!! Thankfully, I just checked back in to report on my doggie belly kisses and found you here! Yes. Like byrdlady said - Seven days is huge in our world and you are awarded a great big full moon from the newbies nest when you achieve it! So- moodie- here goes-:moon: and keep up the great work!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

And oh yeah- have only burdened my lil jack Russell with the belly blow and she was not impressed. I'll try it with the husky next!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!
                      I tried to write last night but I must have fallen asleep before I finished reading back in the busy nest.
                      Today is day 21!
                      Last night I went out to dinner with my family and my other brother. I knew I wasn't going to drink, but I really wanted to on the way to the restaurant. Of course, I am on Antabuse, so it wasn't going to be an option. But still, I was nervous about what I was going to say, etc. My brother and I ALWAYS bond over our lost brother with alcohol.
                      So we get to dinner, kids, us and dear brother. Not one person ordered a drink! Yay! I didn't have to feel uncomfortable, and I'm telling you..it was the best dinner we have ever had. We missed my brother that we lost, and we pictured exactly what he would have been doing and saying at dinner. We even ordered dessert and coffee! Everyone was happy, we laughed and laughed!
                      And here's the kicker: I drove home! hahaha I have not driven home from any social function in years.

I love you guys. I love antabuse, and I love my new life.
                      Thank you all for inspiring me, and being there through my slips and falls.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, I am so happy for you!!! I'm telling you one of our biggest obstacles is the FEAR between our ears! It's really NOT that bad when you get out and actually do these things! Fear is what holds us back for so dam long!!!!

I am happy to hear a little joy in your voice. It's just time to get back into life, isn't it. I include myself in that statement. Well done to you!!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the welcome. It will take me some time to figure this site out, but I'm working on it. Sunny here in Washinton! May try to ride my bike...but not to the bar like usual.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moody, distraction is the best strategy there is!! We've had some great posts this week, so you are sure to learn some new skills! So glad you are here! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie!
                              Moodie, WELCOME to you and sending you good sober vibes. Let us know if you have trouble navigating the site.
                              As Byrdie said, keep busy and the time will go by! I have found closets in my house I never knew I had!
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Nursie- what a great and happy story. My hubs and I went out to dinner last night. No alcohol involved and it was super nice!!! Plus, our bill was about twenty bucks cheaper than it would have been if we had ordered drinks. I too am lovin the sober life!!

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X