Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters, All is great at the beachbwith my wife and another couple. Going really well, h aging a blast and having fun with out AL my friends were kinda awkward not wanting to during but after a while they were getting lit up and didn't even realize that I wasnt drinking I am loving this! Sorry haven't kept up
    Slay I'm so impressed with you after all you are going through you are still wanting and helping out your friends here in the nest, I appreciate you. Welcome all new nesters stick around such a great place here.
    Tried to read all the posts, getting tired and sleepy eating well ( too well )
    Good night ill try and post again in the morning supposed to rain. Deboned whole chickens stuffed with Jalape?o crawfish cornbread, another with shrimp dressing , stuffed mushrooms with crab meat on tomorrow's menu gotta go to the gym I have a lot of free calories to spend replacing the wine and beers empty promises and calories. j

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jimmy,

Awesome job! Glad to see you back and bringing some of that great southern cooking with you!

:divine:

"Empty calories and promises.." sounds a great title for a book on drinking

Sleep tight. :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

. I just got reminded that today is March 11 (for me anyway). It's the 2 year anniversary of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. I remember the day well.... I had to walk for 4 hours to get home because the trains had stopped. It was a dark uncertain time, but a really good reminder to appreciate the important and precious things in my life.
        Today has been a very positive, sunny day I'm feeling happy and strong .... And it is good to remember and think about what is important.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yehey! Day 7 has arrived! I made it! With the help of the board and Topa

Well, glad I did it. Had a great 5 days (2 days hungover, guilt, self loathing, etc.). So active I never thought I had it in me. It's been fun. The only way is up from here on...

Regards to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jay-J;1475932 wrote: Yehey! Day 7 has arrived! I made it! With the help of the board and Topa

Well, glad I did it. Had a great 5 days (2 days hungover, guilt, self loathing, etc.). So active I never thought I had it in me. It's been fun. The only way is up from here on...

Regards to all.
            :goodjob: I know what you mean, I sort of didn't think I could go 7 days. Then didn't think I could go 20. Now I have gone over 30 and have no end in sight.
            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Blossoms for your kind words.
              I won't say it was easy being in that environment as it wasn't.My main source of strength was imagining myself giving into pressure and having my usual 8,9,10 drinks and then waking up Sunday morning feeling like crap and then coming on to this board and admitting that I am starting from day 1.
              This is my time,the people I was around are all great friends but I am not ready to admit to them that I have a problem with my alcohol boundaries.
              This MWO board is becoming a great source of strength and encouragement to me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done JJ ........ 7 days is awesome. It gets easier from here on.

Last Straw......you are doing so well......just keep on, one foot in front of the other and never look back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1475670 wrote: :goodjob:Stay strong...stay sober! You can do it. I KNOW YOU CAN!!! :l
                  Thank you for your support Hippyman.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I banged my head yesterday pretty hard and I still have a headache and feel nauseous. So, today I am calling in sick.....that is really novel for me. But, I am treating myself with kid gloves. I am too early in sobriety to mess around. Thank goodness I didn't drink last night so I can be completely in tune with what is happening in the event I need to get to a doctor. If I were hungover, I wouldn't be able to do that nor would I be able to distinguish between the hangover and the injury.

Physically feeling very fragile....perhaps it is psychological but I don't care. I will not simply plow through like I would typically do. I am listening to my body....
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to Caz, keep trucking

Jenni......isn't it amazing how much better care we take of ourselves sober? It is about self respect.

I am learning to eat. And sleep and take care of myself so much better

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya
                        I just read your link.....interesting and useful indeed!!
                        I try as much as possible to eat only real food....nothing processed or refined. That can be difficult given the choices typically given in any given setting or store!!!
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jay- Yay, Hip hip hooray!!!!

Thanks for letting us know about your big achievement. You know, SEVEN DAYS around here is frickin HUGE- AND YOU GET A PRIZE-

We give you the MOON, Jay-

For SEVEN DAYS of kickin AL's ARSE and showing us all the way that it is done!

We are SO PROUD of you!!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

:moon:

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose;1475765 wrote: I am sorry all, but I can't make it through one day af right now. there is to much pain in my life and I don't know how else to deal with it other than drink.
                            I am not looking for sympathy just telling it like it is.

When I get day one behind me I will post it.

rednose
                            I'm with you. I've keep caving after about three-four weeks. Starting again today and would love your company if you're up to it
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I'll join you again. You really encouraged me last time .... Day 1 for me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1476006 wrote: Fin, I'll join you again. You really encouraged me last time .... Day 1 for me
                                Awesome. There really is strength in numbers. How come you caved most recently? I don't really have a good explanation. There's been a lot of stress lately, but I was handling that pretty well. When I actually caved I was just bored and looking for something to lighten me up. Thing is, I always land right back where I started which is being pissed at myself for caving in the first place. It's so not worth it and I'm tiring of the cycle.
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X