Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin,
    I'm new to this online community, but I know that there are a lot of people with you. I was not even aware that this sort of thing was out there. I have to admit that I cried when I got my first post back. It meant that much to me to see that others cared. 10 days for me I think today, sure not easy. I live in a college drinking town, and have been drinking for over 40 years. Been in that loop...you will start when you are ready, no guilt!

Comment

Newbies Nest

moody odie;1476026 wrote: Fin,
      I'm new to this online community, but I know that there are a lot of people with you. I was not even aware that this sort of thing was out there. I have to admit that I cried when I got my first post back. It meant that much to me to see that others cared. 10 days for me I think today, sure not easy. I live in a college drinking town, and have been drinking for over 40 years. Been in that loop...you will start when you are ready, no guilt!
      Hi Moody - Yep, there's a lot of highly functioning folks here that have basically come to realize that AL is taking on too much control in our lives. It sort of crept up on me and now that I just turned 47, I'm ready to kick it out of my life again.

For what it's worth, this group has supported me through four really good efforts since the fall, so I know it works. So far I've gone 2 wks, 28 days, 33 days and then most recently 25 days AF. This go around I'd sure like to get to 60 on my way to 100. Seems to me if I can get to 100, that's a lot of resolve and peace of mind. When I quit chewing Copenhagen after 27 years just 4 years ago, I was totally done after 100. Anyway, 100 is very symbolic in my mind and I'm going for it.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. I haven't ready any posts since Friday AM. I've been at the bedside of my precious Aunt who passed away yesterday. I was completely at peace. I had a cousin who was drinking, I actually held her glass at one point for her, and...........nothing. So, it's over, another hurdle cleared.

Have a great day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1476037 wrote: Good morning. I haven't ready any posts since Friday AM. I've been at the bedside of my precious Aunt who passed away yesterday. I was completely at peace. I had a cousin who was drinking, I actually held her glass at one point for her, and...........nothing. So, it's over, another hurdle cleared.

Have a great day everyone!
          Oh Overit.....I am so sorry for your loss. Stay strong. :l
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown
          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, Ican - I'm back on day 1, too. Can I join you? We can be the Three Musketeers (or maybe the 3 blind mice :H) I caved last night after working my plan and staying busy all day. I caved as soon as my butt finally hit the couch at the end of the evening. Tonight I will be bringing some sort of AF beverage with me other than water.

Jenni, Overit - treat yourselves very kindly and gently. We need you both around here!

Has anyone heard from Rednose?
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1476050 wrote: Fin, Ican - I'm back on day 1, too. Can I join you? We can be the Three Musketeers (or maybe the 3 blind mice :H)
              Cool...and absolutely. Any other first day folks out there? Come on, you know who you are...
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I have your attention, please? We have a milestone to celebrate today!! Our very own Running Courage has reached 100 DAYS of Alcohol Freedom!!! He has given Dick Head the Flying Byrd for over 3 months!! This is such a milestone in the journey...on behalf of the NN, please accept this AWARD!!!
                The 100 Day Fickle Finger Award!!!!!!!!!!!
                :finger:

In our world this is huge. I am so proud of you for sticking with it. For trusting and being a trustworthy friend to us. For putting your thoughts into words for all of us to read and ponder. I hope that this is as much a turning point for you as it was for me....In my opinion, you have arrived!! Well done....Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wait Nesters...don't leave yet, there is ANOTHER 100 Day'er in our midst!
                  almost free, it is with great pride that we bestow this humble award. It is but a small token of a huge undertaking. On behalf of grateful nesters, please accept this major award: The Fickle Finger!! For giving AL the Byrd!!!

:finger:

We are so proud of you...for not only receiving a hand, but stretching one out for others as well. GREAT JOB!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC and AF

:wow::alf::rockband: and :moon: (sorry, I just like to pull me pants down)

WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU BOTH!!!!

You two have helped me more than you will ever know through this journey or ours. Thank you for sticking with us!

And what Byrdie said- we ALL start at DAY 1!!!

KEEP up the GREAT WORK!!!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!

Congratulations to RunningCourage and AlmostFree! I'm so happy for both of you.
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, Star, Pinecone and everyone! It's not everyday we have a double Flying Byrd awarded in the Nest. Congrats to my fellow Fickle Finger recipient, RC! Thank you all. I couldn't have done it without you! Now, on to acquire those coveted Flyin' Undies.....
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC and Almost Free......CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!! What a huge achievement! .....and an inspiration to the rest of us.

Overit...sorry for the passing of your favourite Aunt......but well done on not having any desire to drink with the others.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Overit44! I am debating meeting my girlfriends tomorrow at a bar. We do this every month, but I'm only clean 10 days. I must face it sometime. I'm thinking of coming late so dinner will be ordered ASAP or not going this time.

Fin, I like the 100 day rule. My birthday (60) is in later May and I'll be in Vegas. I'm already thinking about a don't relapse plan. Maybe I could get hooked on gambling at least broke is better than drunk..just joking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I used to keep track of which post I read up to.....now I feel like I should review posts, so I don't keep track anymore.

It revigorates me to read what y'all say, even if repeated, by not going to the last page of posts.

You guys are my friends, even though I am not so friendly as to post often.

Please know I am into you guys and also into the new people who come along...even if I don't post much.
                              -S-
                              PS I didn't read much this morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is that a real word? revigorates????
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X