Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Moody-I wouldn't go. What will you be missing. Stay home with your favorite take out and a good movie. Treat youself with extreme love.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is Day One for me. My goal is to make it 30 days without a drop of alcohol. I am in my mid-fifties and have been a daily drinker for 25 years. My drink of choice is vodka and I usually drink a half pint to a pint a day. No DUIs or missed work but lots of secret shots to steady my nerves. I really want to achieve this goal and I tell myself to keep my eye on the prize. Sobriety!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH LOLOLOL I WANT the fickle finger award. OH OH OH.
        -S- with my baby pink shoes on!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Throw AL to the sewage tank-CREEPY AL
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest Halfway! This is a great place to get support for your goals. I'm glad you found us. There is me and a couple of others on Day 1 today. Please join us.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Siren. I have been following this site for about a year. Decided a couple of weeks ago that today is the day. Feel fine right now, but know the next few days are going to be rough. Good luck to you and the others. I am with you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am on Day 3 of being AL Free, now she sends me a pic of herself wearing none of the jewelry I bought for her when were both together, She would wear it everyday. and she says If we can be friends for atleast 1 month, what Does all this mean? If anyone I can help? I am going out of my mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby-I don't know why she keeps bothering you, if she is the one who left, if she is the one who is with someone new? Can you change your number? You just need to get to a point where she cannot contact you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS TO RC AND ALMOST FREE ON 100 DAYS !

Perhaps you should change your name to totally free ! :H

It gets so much easier from here on and from four months my mind and sense of well being SHOT up, so hang in there !

Welcome to the new folk....tis a good day to arrive and see how it can be done

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,

Just want to say a big thank you to Byrdie for my - and Almost Free's - Fickle Finger award.

To those just arriving or on their first days and weeks of AFness, I just want to say, do keep plugging at it. It DOES get so much easier. It DOES become sort of "normal". And the fear of lapsing or relapsing grows the stronger your strength at staying grows.

The longer AF time we have, the better the view. Like climbing a hill. It can be tough, but after hiking a while, you can look back and go "Shit, is that where I have come from? Is THAT where I was? Wow... i can see it all a lot better from here"

I am NOT speaking from a land of magical fairies and leprachauns, where bags of gold can be found at the end of every rainbow. It is not that all is sweetness and light - life aint like that. I AM speaking from a place where, despite the (all our individual) inevitable battles, I realise this is a way more valiant journey than the previous one I was on. And anyway, I aint got to the top of me hill yet :H

Keep trucking...

Comment

Newbies Nest

x-post - Thank you Kuya

Comment

Newbies Nest

I fell off the wagon yet again, my life is spiralling out of control, I think my family is going to leave me..I can go a couple of weeks sober, and then the demons come back..I think I need to go to AA
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everybody,

been absent recently but just wanted to check in and congratulate the peole with huge milestones today. VERY WELL DONE!

I am actively training for the London Marathon that is just over a month away and in fact just have had a photoshoot at Virgin for my fundraising campaign. So far I raised close to $1,500. Really hope not to dissapoint all the people that sponsored me...

Speak soon

Allan
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1476279 wrote: I fell off the wagon yet again, my life is spiralling out of control, I think my family is going to leave me..I can go a couple of weeks sober, and then the demons come back..I think I need to go to AA
                              Jeepers Halo...what can I say. Go the couple of weeks sober. Then make it 3 weeks, then make it 4 weeks. I tell ya 4 weeks is you really get a good mood. My family left me even before I quit (like 8 years ago, not quit but accepted Christ) told them I accepted Christ as Savior. Ya.
                              -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Point is - they leave for whatever reason they want...YOU stay here for YOU. We all on the nest want you here. Stay here. Loved one.
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X