Newbies Nest

Hi Allen...I speak
    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, sorry

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations RC and Almost free, 100 days,that is one heck of an accomplishment!
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya, your kind words mean a lot to me. They are much appreciated.

Allankay, you are such an amazing guy! What an inspiration, with your challenging job, being alcohol free, nicotine free and with marathon running thrown in, too. Wow!

Hi and congrats to Overit and RC. Way to go!

Hey Last Straw, you are doing great! Wow, 34 days.

Welcome and welcome back Siren, and Halfway. So glad you are here!

Bobby, Who wants to be friends for 'at least a month'? Something just isn't right about this whole thing. First they want to 'kick ur butt', won't stop calling or threatening, and now she want to be friends for at least a month. As others have advised, change your phone number. (I'd change my locks, too). Time to stop prolonging this whole thing before it puts your job in jeopardy. Way to go on your three days. That is great! Just keep going......one step in front of the other......moving forward. You are on your way towards a better life for yourself. Stay close and get support from us. That's what we are here for.

Welcome Halo, remember, we are here 24/7, (although, not all of us at the same time!) so until you can get to a meeting, or between meetings, we are here for you. Many people hang out here and also attend meetings. There are tons of people here, from all over the world, sharing their support, encouragement and friendship. Also what is working for them, be it meds, supplements or various combinations of things. Read back and get to know us. Post, and let us get to know you. Believe me, we've all been exactly where you are now. Some of us, over and over. Start today to climb out of that hole to a better life. There are many people succeeding here that were as desperate as you are today. You will meet many of them here. So glad you joined us!

Hi to anyone I missed while posting.........got sidetracked.......

Hi Onered, and thanks!
          AF since 12/2/12
          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Jeepers creepers...Almost Free and Running Courage have 100 days AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bryd awards them the bird. Funny stuff!

WHOO WHO! CONGRATS YOU TWO!

It seems like just weeks ago you were both struggling to get off the crazy train and onto living life for real! You have two separate lifestyles and are at different ages but with a common enemy that we all once called a friend. It's great to see you guys making this mile marker as I've watched you both and it's reassuring looking just ahead of me and saying, I'm coming, I'm coming and knowing others I've enjoyed sharing this path with have made it to that marker. Don't wait for me, but leave me a note.

Jenn, I'm happy if that helped you with that particular trigger. We all have some very common triggers and experiences to share.:l

Blossom, that's so nice of you to say. I truly appreciate your words. It's one of the best compliments someone can give me.:l I think my many trips to hell and back in life has left me with some treasures to share along with the wear. We get something out of our mistakes and life lessons, so bad can be good. This week is going to be a heavy thinking/serious week for me. This afternoon, I had a brief moment of thought about what a waste I've made of the last six years and then I realized, no...I suppose I would not be where I am in understanding had I not walked this path. There were circumstances in my life that led me to it and lessons I needed to learn from it. We'd like to think we can end up learning without so many bumps and bruises, but that's not true. Maybe some folks don't have to make such a rough journey, but I highly doubt we get to that old age wisdom without them. With that said, here's to the next trips being far north of hell. I'll make that toast with a veggie/fruit smoothie.

No sugar and Jimmy, thanks for the kind words. I'm not real dependable at the moment, but I'll try to keep checking in. Some times will be easier than others. You are both doing so well. Bravo!!!!

Too everyone else, a hello and a hug! To the newbies, you've found your way here which is a great step. Now, you'll have to do some work, face some things in your life and bathe yourself in determination and a fighting spirit. You can do just what anyone here who is successful has done. If you've fallen, just take a look at why, learn, correct and move on. Rome wasn't built in a day, but YOU can do it and YOU will be glad. Al never makes anything better, it only makes it worse. We may lie, but we know the truth.

Love,

Slay
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC and Almost free - Rock Star Status. Very, very well done!
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW, I am having those access issues again. I can only get to the NN from a backdoor method. I cannot get to other threads in the 'Just Starting Out' section, so this is the only place I will post. When this happened last time after about a week, it corrected itself. This is the third time, and I haven't a clue why. Just and FWI on why I'm only posting here or why if anyone mentions something to me elsewhere, I am not responding.

Have a great day or night wherever you are. Stay safe and AF!:l
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Before I log off, I thought I'd share a tune that popped into my mind as I was thinking about people pleasing and the message theme as of late. I can't believe this popped in there. lol Maybe some of you will remember this from your younger years. Something my folks had a 45 of back then.

I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends A chance to share old memories and play our songs again When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name No one recognized me, I didn't look the same
                  But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well See you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself
                  People came from miles around, everyone was there Yoko brought her walrus, there was magic in the air And over in the corner much to my surprise Mr. Hughes hid in Dylan's shoes wearing his disguise
                  But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well See you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself
                  Played them all the old songs, thought that's why they came No one heard the music, we didn't look the same I said, hello to Mary Lou, she belongs to me When I sang a song about a honky tonk it was time to leave
                  Someone opened up a closet door and out stepped Johnny B. Goode Playing guitar like a-ringin' a bell and lookin' like he should If you gotta play at garden parties I wish you a lotta luck But if memories were all I sang I'd rather drive a truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAHR7_VZdRw[/video]]Rick Nelson Garden Party - YouTube

Comment

Newbies Nest

FIN I like your new Avatar and quote.
                    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1476208 wrote: I am on Day 3 of being AL Free, now she sends me a pic of herself wearing none of the jewelry I bought for her when were both together, She would wear it everyday. and she says If we can be friends for atleast 1 month, what Does all this mean? If anyone I can help? I am going out of my mind.
                      Damn! This woman really wants to be in control. What horrible games she is playing. It sounds to me like she doesn't want you, but she wants you still to want her. It's almost like she knows you were getting out from under, so she's using another manipulative technique to keep you off balance and where she wants you.

She says she wants to be "friends" - but what on earth does she mean by that? She has not been acting like a friend in any way. True friends don't behave like that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1476208 wrote: I am on Day 3 of being AL Free, now she sends me a pic of herself wearing none of the jewelry I bought for her when were both together, She would wear it everyday. and she says If we can be friends for atleast 1 month, what Does all this mean? If anyone I can help? I am going out of my mind.
                        WOW day 3, GOOD job. FOCUS on that. NOTHING else better than being AF for 3 DAYS.
                        -S-:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1474591 wrote: I'mStrongandInControl....I betcha if you read that post you just wrote you'd find the 'hidden answers' you seek!!
                          Your name. I'm Strong and In Control. But as long as AL on board, are you? If you are like 99% of us here, the answer is no. You sought out and are participating in a problem AL forum, and are 12 days sober and feeling great, right?? Right now, you ARE strong and in control, but as soon as you drink...you once again, relinquish those reigns. It's really as simple as that. Addiction is a bitch.
                          I also notice your signature line....If not now, when? That's a great question! Kuya so eloquently writes that she waited to quit for 23 years because she was afraid. We all were! But what we feared isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as we thought! In fact...it is do-able, right?? You can put it off for another year and be asking the same questions next year like I did...only in your case, you'll have passed up a great job opportunity, so you'll have to throw that in.
                          I also notice that you posted in the Mods section the other day....I noticed this because your name is long and it stood out, so I went over and read. If you want to KEEP strong and in control, you will keep AL out of your life. I noticed that one of the responses was...'beware of the haters'. Nice....we are the bad guys now, for trying to keep you sober. Be careful of the Voices you listen to. If 99 people walk off a cliff and die are you going to play the odds that you are the 1 that can do it and live? I hope not. At least get your 30 days in before you listen to anyone else about AL. We all agree that's the best plan, right?
                          The beauty of this site (if you are smart enough to pay attention to it) is that you can see your past, present AND FUTURE!! I know, it's nuts!! Just look around, you won't find ONE person who is glad that they went BACK to drinking. NOT ONE. NOT. ONE. So that's pretty strong in my opinion.
                          If you want this new job, and it sounds like you do...move forward and grab it. Stick with us and make your plan. Not one drink, not ever! You will never be sorry you are sober. Moderation is fine for everything....except addiction. I have a great post on letting go...let me go fish that out for you. It may help!! The future WITH AL is scary...the future without it, isn't!!! B
                          Thanks Byrdie. Catching up on the back reading of posts. Looking forward to getting to your post on letting go. Back at Day 1. Same story as the last Day 1.
                          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So where are my Day Oners? I counted:

Me
                            Fin
                            Ican
                            Halo
                            Halfway Content

and

Rednose? Are you checking in? We're all starting out and you would make us a round half dozen. Anyone else I missed? What shall we call ourselves?

How are we all doing? I'm still hanging in there. No WD symptoms today and no real cravings (yet). Witching hour is upon me. I got some SleepyTime tea, so I think I'll go make some of that.
                            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 for me as well. Green Tea and Stevia.
                              Siren136;1476372 wrote: So where are my Day Oners? I counted:

Me
                              Fin
                              Ican
                              Halo
                              Halfway Content

and

Rednose? Are you checking in? We're all starting out and you would make us a round half dozen. Anyone else I missed? What shall we call ourselves?

How are we all doing? I'm still hanging in there. No WD symptoms today and no real cravings (yet). Witching hour is upon me. I got some SleepyTime tea, so I think I'll go make some of that.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree, may be too much after only 10 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X