Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh keep meaning to say congrats to RC and almost free !!!!! Next thing you know you'll be getting flying undies!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ONEREDSHOE - I tried, but he wouldn't leave!!!
      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1476417 wrote: tonight I went to my mom's house (next door to me) as I do every night at 6pm. It used to be for the purpose of having a glass of wine and a cigarette with her while she drank her whiskey. Now, she still drinks her whiskey and has a cigarette with me (my next addiction to quit but not until I have AL beat to a pulp). I have switched from wine to selter and cranberry juice. It never bothered me that she drank whiskey in front of me - I hate the stuff. That is, until tonight. I don't know why, but a huge craving came crashing over me. That hasn't happened in a LONG TIME. Of course, I did not act on the craving. I just urge surfed through it. But, it did show me something really, really important. I cannot grow complacent with the progress I have made thus far. I still need to be on guard and CAREFUL....
        I have enough time to KNOW what to do and I chose the right course of action....but it really scared me to think that the urge could come on that strong at this stage of the game. So, I am guarding myself very carefully and will prepare better tomorrow before I go over there.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening
        Jenni-I feel for you - good for you to not act on the craving. Yes be on super guard.
        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I watched"Flight" ya..good movie, even though some stuff was inaccurate (technology details).
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

OHHH bedtime, gotta go to gym in the early AM.
            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ican! Those flying undies are next on my list.

I, too, want to quit smoking, Jenni. I actually did quit for 5 days, but had a major stress event and figured, better the cigarette than the drink. Oh, well, back to square one on that. At least a cigarette doesn't turn into a week-long bender and a hangover!

cross posted......Goodnight, Last straw, you are doing great!
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren
                Fin
                ISAIC (I'mStrong and in Control)
                Ican(without a can)
                Halo
                Halfway Content
                Free at Last

Rednose
                I want to hopefully add Rednose to this list. I think it would be good to have a name for ourselves. There are so many of us. Any thoughts?
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Siren,

I really hope Rednose checks in, too. Would like to know that everything is ok.

Since you have seven people, the Magnificent Seven comes to mind. Or the Sober Seven. Sorry, I'm not very creative or witty tonight.......The 3-11-13 Group? Been a long day......

Think I'm going to call it a night. Take care everyone, sleep well.....well done all you Day One'ers. Also you day two, three and fours, too. Join us all on the Newbie's Nest Roll Call. For those of you who don't know, just copy the post just before yours, with all the previous posters, paste it to your post, add your name and days, then click submit.

Night everybody. And to Rednose, let us know how you are doing. We care!
                  AF since 12/2/12
                  http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1476417 wrote: tonight I went to my mom's house (next door to me) as I do every night at 6pm. It used to be for the purpose of having a glass of wine and a cigarette with her while she drank her whiskey. Now, she still drinks her whiskey and has a cigarette with me (my next addiction to quit but not until I have AL beat to a pulp). I have switched from wine to selter and cranberry juice. It never bothered me that she drank whiskey in front of me - I hate the stuff. That is, until tonight. I don't know why, but a huge craving came crashing over me. That hasn't happened in a LONG TIME. Of course, I did not act on the craving. I just urge surfed through it. But, it did show me something really, really important. I cannot grow complacent with the progress I have made thus far. I still need to be on guard and CAREFUL....
                    I have enough time to KNOW what to do and I chose the right course of action....but it really scared me to think that the urge could come on that strong at this stage of the game. So, I am guarding myself very carefully and will prepare better tomorrow before I go over there.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening
                    Jennie,

I bet the bonk on your head just knocked something loose in there that
                    made the wicked whiskey look good to you this evening :H :H :H. !

Seriously - I hope your head is ok now - good job on taking care of yourself today instead of what seems to be the standard "soldier on at all costs to yourself" attitude that many of us here seem to have and need to change.

Conquering the craving was another big accomplishment. Apparently these rear their ugly heads at every dang stage of this AF life - even after years! - and the best defense is to expect that they will appear, acknowledge them (as the sometimes strong but still pitiful gasps of desperate AL who we are vanquishing), and move on with our AF days .... I agree that we can't let the passing AF days make us over-confident or complacent. You are showing your mom so much love by putting yourself daily in what was a routine drinking situation for you, all for her sake. I'm sure glad she doesn't drink your former beverage of choice!

You are always in the nest early so I hope this post finds you feeling much better this wonderful AF day!

NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest

Well, it is definitely the truth that not posting everyday is NOT a good idea. I've been swamped lately with work tasks and unfortunately my sobriety and sanity has suffered as a result. I need to get back into the good habit of checking in, posting accountability and trying to help where I can. Unfortunately the momentum of positivity that I had when I returned from the USA has fizzled out (somehow I knew this would happen). How does an adult develop confidence? LOL. Seems like I should have learned this a long time ago. I truly believe that if my confidence level was better... my entire life would be better! Including my battle with AL. So I have a therapy appointment today and a ton of work, but I will do my best to make the Nest my first stop every morning, no matter how many work tasks I have on my plate. I miss the interaction with you guys.

I hope everyone is feeling good and staying strong. I miss this place! :h
                      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beginning of day 5, slept through the whole goddamn night, woke up with a headache and realized I was dehydrated not hung over. amazing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shamefuldrinker;1476517 wrote: Beginning of day 5, slept through the whole goddamn night, woke up with a headache and realized I was dehydrated not hung over. amazing.
                          It is one of those awful nice feelings, isn't it, feel awful but feels nice to know you aren't hung over. . Good for you on day 5 before you know it you will be getting mooned! :H
                          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                          ~Author Unknown
                          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2! I've been kind to myself; meditated and did morning yoga. I don't have time to go to work! Too busy with self care. Have a great day everyone.
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1476566 wrote: Day 2! I've been kind to myself; meditated and did morning yoga. I don't have time to go to work! Too busy with self care. Have a great day everyone.
                              Can we do that? Why wasn't I informed before now?
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up at 6 to walk the dog. Yoga this evening.
                                Free at Last
                                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                                X