Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

The other night I was fine. Not fine today. Butt in whenever you want.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1477129 wrote: The other night I was fine. Not fine today. Butt in whenever you want.
      I will and you promise to do that, too, ok?

Are you off work and able to really nurture yourself today? I hope so. Treat yourself like you would treat someone coming off a tough illness -- that is really what we are doing.

Keep posting, last straw - it keeps the hands and mind nice and busy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is it the depression and regret over going out, or is something more going on as well?
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

just sick, have a cold, sorry i drank, i am home and take care, no reason to be sad, but am sad.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry last straw .... But you still have 34 days... They didn't disappear .... Now just starting adding again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK, ICAN i never went this many days before. I'll start at 1 day after tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ALMOSTFREE- ya lots of stuff going on. too numerous to mention.
                -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry, Straw. Just remember that things always seem even worse than they are, after a night of drinking. The whole impending doom thing. The problems won't be gone, but your mindset toward them will be better when you are sober again. It feels overwhelming right now, but when your head is clearer and you are feeling better physically, you will be able to put things in perspective, prioritize them and deal with them one at a time. And the ones that aren't easily dealt with will be seen with a calmer and more realistic perspective and not be as overwhelming as they seem right now. That's been my experience....
                  AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

ya, almostfree, thanks, whimper, hard times, groaning
                    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nosugar...butt in and i will too.
                      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just remember how 'up' you were feeling just a couple of days ago. Compare that to where you are now. The world didn't change in two days, I don't think. You can see that it's the alcohol that has dragged you again into that pit of despair.

Take heart. You can be feeling much better again soon, if you can just break the cycle and climb back out of this hole. You did it once, you can do it again. Think: 'Large and In Charge'! You can do it. We are here to help. Hang in there!
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok

Comment

Newbies Nest

LastStraw :l

I hit 40 days MANY times and caved. Not sure what it was about day 40 that triggered me to drink...maybe I got complacent, or thought I had this thing beaten. I thought "no biggie, I can just start over". The thing is, each time you start over it gets harder. But believe me, I don't know of anyone that got this right on their 1st (or 20th) quit, so do not be down on yourself!! Sometimes we need these "reminders" of what drinking is REALLY like. Not the romantic version, but the harsh reality. Take care of yourself today and get back up. We are here for you!!

Love,
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok, thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

eating ice cream

Comment

Working...
                                X