Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ok, more difficult, whatever it takes. AL is gone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, whatever helps get you through the day! We all know how hard it is. Hope you feel better soon. Glad the AL is gone. Good riddance!
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Get through today Straw and you will feel much better tomorrow! Did something "trigger" you to drink? I know sometimes it just comes out of nowhere, for no reason. If you can identify it, that will make it easier next time. Do not let AL win, you are strong, you CAN do this! :h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't know what triggered me. It just came out of nowhere. AL is a creep.
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

It comes out of no where for me too. It is a creep both figuratively and literally. I am sorry you caved. Being sick sucks but I bet the drinking didn't make it better?

Stay here where you are safe and cared for by your fellow nesters. It is just a day. Move onward with us!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes jenni, it's just a day. thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Straw. I HATE Al.
                If ever there was a lying, stealing, slimy creep- AL has the market cornered ! Al has ruined my life and the lives of my family and friends. I am glad you are using the nest to get yourself back on track. We love you!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am still here, just didnt have Internet for couple days. Still taking Antabuse. Still sober.
                  Today is a hard day as its the 9 month anniversary of my brother's death. I have been in quite a funk. His birthday is this Saturday. He would have been 31. I just feel so lost and fractured without him. When I figure out how to post pics I will show you a pic of him.
                  Sad sad few days here. But I'm doing it sober.
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

nonamegirl;1477044 wrote: Hello, and again, thank you.
                    Kuya, your list of things I can do is lovely. Slay, I am printing off the article about dry drunk... I sure did need to hear that. And ISIC, with your permission, I am going to put your name "I AM STRONG AND IN CONTROL" on my bathroom mirror, along with your note about being "happy, and remind me if I am not" I come here and always find encouraging words. Thank you.

I feel much better today, and really really appreciate you all.
                    NoName - you have my permission, encouragement, support and gratitude!!!!
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Nursie
                      Such a hard dark time for you Take care and be gentle on yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, Nursie! I am so sorry for you, but I am so proud you are keeping faithful to your commitment to stay away from the creep, al
                        Al may promise to dull the pain but in reality it only makes everything worse. I know your brother would be very proud of you
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Straw - I don't have a lot of wisdom to share - but all I can think is that you should be proud of yourself that it was only one day and that you've come straight back here and are not giving up. I am humbled by your bravery.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Last Straw......my most vulnerable moments have been just BEFORE I developed a sore throat. I THOUGHT it was alcohol cravings but it was just sickness. I didn't cave but I remember feeling close.

I suspect this is behind your drinking, now you feel ill AND have regret.

BUT......you have learned something.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie - is there a special place you can go or special thing you can do to remember and mourn your brother.

My mother died a month before September 11 so I was in a very dark difficult place on the 1 month anniversary of her death. I am in a different country so I couldn't visit her grave. I had all this grief floating around me and no one around me could understand or share.

I took a day trip by myself to a place with many famous beautiful peaceful Buddhist temples and walked around by myself. I thought of her through the day and it was good to take that time to remember her, honour her and let myself mourn.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie,
                                Sending you :l:l:l Stay strong, my friend. :h

Straw - Tomorrow will be a new, better day. I'm proud of you for coming here and opening up. I hope you sleep well tonight!!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X