Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Straw, it doesn't take but a few good AF days to make you feel better again. You will be right as rain again, just hang in there. There are lots of people out there with much worse problems than AL! Ours is fixable, and you are working on it, so that's all you can do today, right? Perk up! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, So true, we can fix our problem with AL, we can, oh yes we can!!!! We just need help and support, so happy for the MWO and our senior members who take the time to counsel us newbies and let us know our battle with Al can be WON!!!!!!

Straw we are all in this togetherm remember you are not alone...
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1476208 wrote: I am on Day 3 of being AL Free, now she sends me a pic of herself wearing none of the jewelry I bought for her when were both together, She would wear it everyday. and she says If we can be friends for atleast 1 month, what Does all this mean? If anyone I can help? I am going out of my mind.
        Hey Bud - where are you? Since I can't reach my hand through the computer and grab you by the collar - I have to send positive vibes. POST! POST! POST! COME BACK NOW!
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Halo & Byrd, Yep, I remember feeling good is only a day away from today. It'll be 3 days tomorrow.

We are taking a trip to Seattle tomorrow. Business meeting. It'll be nice to get out of town for a few hours.

Take cares, all.
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well finishing my Cranberry and soda. I know I'll feel better by Sunday. I dug through my old purses and found a few Antabuse this afternoon and I popped one for insurance, then I went online and ordered some more. I stopped at the store and bought some healthy food, took the doggie for a very long walk, and now I'm reading and posting. Day 1 almost done.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soooo tired and sad. My brother's birthday is tomorrow. His first birthday in Heaven.
              I went to the doc today and he did increase my antidepressant (Celexa), and agreed to give me the antabuse. Problem is, it is NOT covered by my insurance, and costs 60 dollars for 15 pills! I could probably split them and make them last a month.
              Just so tired. I need to rest and be gentle with myself. I miss my brother so bad it kills me.
              Maybe I will get him a giant cookies and cream ice-cream cake (his favorite) and eat the whole thing myself!
              I know I won't be drinking to him, or in memory of him. Those days are over and I'm sure he is glad.
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, sorry your feeling sad. I'm sure your brother is so proud of you. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just got back from my women's AA meeting. Husband and older son have left for the weekend. As I was driving home, I thought "wow, I could go and buy a bottle and drink it and no one would know"......Where the hell did THAT come from???? OMG, how scary. Then I thought, wait a minute, I am picking my son up from his bar Mitzvah at 11. Then I really thought it through and realize how completely insane that thinking was. It really scared the shit out of me. Here I am happily going along with all my plans and positive thoughts about not drinking and BAM out of the blue that thought comes to my mind.
                  AL is INSANE.
                  Home safe and sound and completely happy to be sober.
                  Stay strong everyone!
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know, Jenni....Same with me a couple of days ago, except I let AL win. I even ended up dropping my cup, but didn't take the "nudge" and filled up again.

You did good, Jenniech.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

mylife, good to see you back! Stick around for a while

jennie, it does indeed take time tp break the habitual thinking that we along with our habitual drinking. Keep doing what you did & push those thoughts right out of your head. They will stop in time, honestly.

I hope everyone has a solid plan for success for the weekend & a safe night in the nest.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie;1478287 wrote: Soooo tired and sad. My brother's birthday is tomorrow. His first birthday in Heaven.
                        I went to the doc today and he did increase my antidepressant (Celexa), and agreed to give me the antabuse. Problem is, it is NOT covered by my insurance, and costs 60 dollars for 15 pills! I could probably split them and make them last a month.
                        Just so tired. I need to rest and be gentle with myself. I miss my brother so bad it kills me.
                        Maybe I will get him a giant cookies and cream ice-cream cake (his favorite) and eat the whole thing myself!
                        I know I won't be drinking to him, or in memory of him. Those days are over and I'm sure he is glad.
                        Nursie I think your giant cookie and ice cream idea sound really good. But do you have anyone you can share it with tomorrow ??

Well done on this evening. :l
                        Sleep well sweetie.
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1478325 wrote: Nursie I think your giant cookie and ice cream idea sound really good. But do you have anyone you can share it with tomorrow ??

Well done on this evening. :l
                          Sleep well sweetie.
                          I think the ice cream cake is a wonderful idea .... And if you have a good friend or family member to share it with that would be lovely, but I think it would also be nice to share it just with your brother.... And take that time to think of him and remember him.
                          You don't have to finish it one sitting, but spread it out over a few days and instead of reaching for a drink you can reach for a piece of cake and spend some time thinking and remembering your brother

Comment

Newbies Nest

Enjoy the cookie and ice cream Nursie, your brother will be proud of you and so will your fellow nesters. Grieving is being on a rollercoaster from hell, it really does get easier if you're sober.
                            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's amazing for me, anyway, even the FIRST night with no Alcohol in my system I feel better. No night sweats, no panicking, no 3:00 a.m.....how many times do I have to realize this??!! I'm seriously starting to realize I must have suffered some serious brain damage from this drinking. They really should start posting the warnings on bottles of wine as they do with cigarettes - "Drinking this will cause serious BRAIN DAMAGE and inevitable DEATH!"

This morning I told my brain that I'm sorry, but you're being shut off for 90 days. I don't care what you say or do - you are being ignored as unreliable until all effects of Alcohol have completely been removed from your circuits or synapses or whatever is malfunctioning up there. I'm letting my survival instinct take over for 90 days and override whatever my alcoholic brain tries to tell it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mylife;1478445 wrote: It's amazing for me, anyway, even the FIRST night with no Alcohol in my system I feel better. No night sweats, no panicking, no 3:00 a.m.....how many times do I have to realize this??!! I'm seriously starting to realize I must have suffered some serious brain damage from this drinking. They really should start posting the warnings on bottles of wine as they do with cigarettes - "Drinking this will cause serious BRAIN DAMAGE and inevitable DEATH!"

This morning I told my brain that I'm sorry, but you're being shut off for 90 days. I don't care what you say or do - you are being ignored as unreliable until all effects of Alcohol have completely been removed from your circuits or synapses or whatever is malfunctioning up there. I'm letting my survival instinct take over for 90 days and override whatever my alcoholic brain tries to tell it.
                                Hey, Mylife!

You sound motivated to get YOUR life back. Congratulations!

Your 'first goal' of 90 days is more ambitious than most of our first goals around here of 30, 7, or even 1 day.

What is your plan for this? Have you done it before?

I agree with you about the wine and other AL containers - it is not enough to warn pregnant women about the effects on their developing babies! It strikes me how many women manage to be AF for 9 months without apparent distress and then go back to drinking.

We need to realize that our brains are affected similarly to developing embryos and deserve just the same care and protection.

I hope you stick with in the nest, Mylife, and let us know how you are doing and support you in any way we can.

Have a wonderful AF day -NS

Comment

Working...
                                X