Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1478658 wrote: Hi friends- I have had a rough day myself, but made it through and could not have done it without the nest
    I guess one thing I have to be thankful for is the fact that I know, without a doubt that if I give into temptation, I will be right back on the path to self destruction. I don't have any illusions of moderating at all. When I get tempted, like I have been lately, I can just go ahead and visualize how it's all gonna turn out- and it ain't pretty. I think that's the one thing (besides you guys) that keeps me hangin in. When is this going to feel better???
    Xoxo star
    Star for me the turning point emotionally came at four months. The moods lifted and stabilised to 'normal'.

Nursie ...... You poor wee thing, how heartbreaking today must have been. :l:l for you and cry yourself dry......it is so very sad this drug took someone so young.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I hope everyone had a safe & cozy night in the Nest.
      Today being St Patrick's day can be a great temptation for some but it doesn't need to be that way. Try changing your usual celebration & routines, start a new, healthier tradition today

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Off for another busy day today. Oh, the joys - grocery shopping, studying, cleaning - woo hoo!

Star, I hope you're getting your cheeks warmed up - my 311'ers are at day 7. All in, halfway content, and free at last have all checked in at Day 7. I'm pretty sure Halo and Strong are also at day 7 - they both checked in last night as still AF.

I'm hoping K9 is at Day 7 NF (wish there was a 'smoking moon' we could give her).

I haven't heard from Fin, boozer, or Icanwithoutacan in the 311 threads for a while so hopefully they'll check in here with a good 7 day report.

Happy St. Patty's Day to all!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks .... Just checking in and posting

I had some temptation last night as I ended up going past the bar district in my neighbourhood on my evening walk.
          I resisted temptation and went into my favourite import store instead.... And found bottles of sparkling apple juice and grape juice from France which are packaged just like champagne .... With a cork and the pretty shiny gold paper and everything
          Well.... This was the solution to my difficulty with my husband and him wanting us to drink together He really liked it too, and he felt like he was drinking champagne with me I've also been buying little treats for us to share at dinner ( some nice sashimi or oysters etc).

I was reminded of the thread about the glamour of alcohol and how it tricks us to drink, because when I saw the pretty shiny bottle in the fridge I thought " ohhhh I waaaant it!" Then realised "but I can"
          I was like a magpie transfixed by the pretty shininess

I'm going to go back and buy up big on these juices as they are on sale at the moment. Maybe I should get a wine rack or something to store them

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had cravings, on the way back from our little trip, even though I knew there was no way, yesterday, I could get AL. So I munched on our car munchies and they went away.

So, I decided to buy some "forbidden" munchies I like, today, to keep around with me. "Forbidden" because they come in expensive packaging and are salty. But I'm going to get them anyway.

Day 4 after backslide, 34 days AF previously. I'm going to reward myself weekly this time rather than waiting for....who knows what.

Good job to the 311 people.
            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the tip, Blossom. I will give the sparkling juices a try. I have those same "visions" of picturing a drink in my hand. What I need to picture is my eye on the bottle and watching the vodka disappear and me becoming a staggering mess. Not a pretty picture!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
                Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words about my brother. It was difficult to have his birthday without him here. Next will be the one year anniversary of his death. All these dates are very difficult. Seasons are difficult. Life. Is difficult.
                ImStrong- I love your plan to keep you chained to your house! I'm picturing you with your cone head lol.
                Today we are having corned beef and cabbage at my other brother's house. We will visit the grave site and whatnot.
                I know one thing for certain. I have 28 days sober today and I already took my antabuse. There is no drinking on this St. Patty's day for me!
                Sprinkling extra sober dust for all in the nest.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a good day, Nursie. As you may know, I lost my sister to alcohol and I understand how difficult these days are to endure. Stay strong for him, stay strong for you. You are worth it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

halfway content;1478949 wrote: Thanks for the tip, Blossom. I will give the sparkling juices a try. I have those same "visions" of picturing a drink in my hand. What I need to picture is my eye on the bottle and watching the vodka disappear and me becoming a staggering mess. Not a pretty picture!!
                    Well I think for me it helped to acknowledge my inner brat's need (longing? habit?) for the pretty exotic grown up drinks, and let her have it - just in a non-alcohol form.

I want that pretty drink in my hand.... But who says that only alcoholic drinks are allowed to be pretty
                    Maybe you can picture the drink in your hand - a nice refreshing line and soda or something in a pretty glass.... And at the sane time picture the vodka as something that will just wreck that drink and wreck the night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, we have big doings today! There are a slew of Moons going out today!
                      Free at Last::moon:
                      Siren: :moon:
                      Halo: :moon:
                      Halfway Content: :moon:
                      All In: :moon:

Gosh, I hope I got all the arses covered...I'm filling in for Star, and nobody delivers a moon like she does!! We are ALL so proud of this huge accomplishment. 7 days is just the beginning! You CAN do this, and you have the MOONS to prove it! GREAT JOB! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms, I have to just slap myself....to think of me sitting around with a pretty drink in my hand...that's a nice visual. But that's not how I drank! I chugged it from hidden boxes in my closet and from hairspray bottles in the bathrooms of restaurants. NICE, huh? I wish I had drank from pretty glasses, but I chugged it right out of the box, bottle or shoe if need be. UGG. (head shaking...how embarrassed I am of myself).

This is a crazy disease...I drank to be social, and ended up drinking alone. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to ALL 3-11ers! You make a fabulous team - Keep it up!!

Byrdlady;1478965 wrote: Nesters, we have big doings today! There are a slew of Moons going out today!
                          Free at Last::moon:
                          Siren: :moon:
                          Halo: :moon:
                          Halfway Content: :moon:
                          All In: :moon:

Gosh, I hope I got all the arses covered...I'm filling in for Star, and nobody delivers a moon like she does!! We are ALL so proud of this huge accomplishment. 7 days is just the beginning! You CAN do this, and you have the MOONS to prove it! GREAT JOB! Byrdie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1478967 wrote: Blossoms, I have to just slap myself....to think of me sitting around with a pretty drink in my hand...that's a nice visual. But that's not how I drank! I chugged it from hidden boxes in my closet and from hairspray bottles in the bathrooms of restaurants. NICE, huh? I wish I had drank from pretty glasses, but I chugged it right out of the box, bottle or shoe if need be. UGG. (head shaking...how embarrassed I am of myself).

This is a crazy disease...I drank to be social, and ended up drinking alone. Byrdie
                            Well the last time I got drunk I did drink out of the pretty little glass that I kept on topping up from the LARGE cardboard box of cheap sake .... Right through making dinner and getting my daughter off to bed and then sat there by myself, drinking down the contents of the pretty little glass and topping it up again ..... Until the big box was empty and I was vomiting in the toilet and peeing my pants on the bathroom floor because I was vomiting too violently to control my muscles.
                            Hardly glamorous .....But of course I believed that the pretty glass made it glamorous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! That was a "sobering" reminder of why I am doing this
                              Remembering desperately cleaning up the mess I'd made in case my daughter stumbled out to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. Then stopping my daughter before she went to the toilet in the morning and checking it was okay (while the poor child is dancing around with a full bladder).... And cleaning dried vomit off the toilet seat so she can sit down.
                              Yuck! Not glamorous at all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry to interrupt the wonderful celebrations with my disgusting recollections

But doesn't it feel good to leave those kind of nights and those kind of memories behind?

Comment

Working...
                                X