Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all- newbie here, this is day 6 AF for me and so far so good...no cravings. First goal is 90 days AF, but taking it one day at a time.
    AF since 3/12/13.

Completed over a year AF and fell off the wagon.
    Back to it, new day 1= 7/1/14

I'm on my way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'mOnMyWay;1478992 wrote: Hi all- newbie here, this is day 6 AF for me and so far so good...no cravings. First goal is 90 days AF, but taking it one day at a time.
      Welcome, I'm on My Way! You are just one step behind the 3-11 gang. Have you read their threads? Also, if you haven't already done so, read back a couple weeks and get to know us. Then, when you feel like it, let us know about you and how we can help you on this challenging - but doable!!- path.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

PS The toolbox (link in my signature) is a good read, also.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another moon going out to I'mStrongandInControl!!! I am exhausted after all these doings!! On behalf of the NN, please accept this small token of a huge job!! 7 days of kicking AL's arse!! So proud of you! Well done!!! :moon: Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, I'mOnMyWay!!! I ought to get that name really screwed up with the MyWayOut one! You have landed yourself in the best possible place if you are serious about getting this monkey off your back!! :crazymonkey: You have already done the hardest part! Hang in for tomorrow's award!!
          Read back a bit here and get to know us, we've had some great posts in the past week, then just jump in. You'd be hard pressed to tell us something we haven't seen/heard/done or thought! So glad you're here!!! Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done ALL of you! Time to celebrate...let's dance! Come on and join us, fellow nesters!:alf:
            Byrdlady;1478965 wrote: Nesters, we have big doings today! There are a slew of Moons going out today!
            Free at Last::moon:
            Siren: :moon:
            Halo: :moon:
            Halfway Content: :moon:
            All In: :moon:

Gosh, I hope I got all the arses covered...I'm filling in for Star, and nobody delivers a moon like she does!! We are ALL so proud of this huge accomplishment. 7 days is just the beginning! You CAN do this, and you have the MOONS to prove it! GREAT JOB! Byrdie
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest.

I've enjoyed a quiet weekend alone without my husband at home. Yes, in the past that would be a big trigger for me, but we've been through a lot lately - we both lost a parent in the last year and my travel schedule for work has picked up and so has his - so my whole "normal" is thrown off. Anyway, I think starting this weekend alone and sober gave me lots of time to reflect.

Hope everyone enjoys a sober day in the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS Very inspiring to see all the 30-day moons!! Very inspiring.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star checking in here- WOW- those moons look stellar!!! Couldn't have done a better job me self! Thanks for awarding them, Byrdie. And HUGE congrats to the311 gang. There's no stopping them now! Carry on troops- you are doing GREAT!!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would like my flying underwear...when do those come flying through? lol
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie...sometimes it's hard for me to keep up with all the crazy awards I've made up, but I happen to know that Flying Underwear are for 150 days!!! The award list is as follows:
                      7 days= :moon: Kicked Al's Ass for 7 days.
                      30 days= :day5: I got this idea from the Capital One credit card commercial...for all those accrued miles, you get a hat.
                      100 days= :finger: This is for giving AL the bird for 100 big days!
                      150 days= :flyingunders: This was first given to Star, who awards Moons, what better prize? Plus, this was a grossly underused icon.
                      1 year= :grannypants: This is the most coveted prize of all.. Your Big Girl Pants. You have grown and learned and are very wise indeed. Prolly got a few gray hairs out of it all.

This is the prize schedule as it stands today. Nelz has stars he gives out, but not sure what you have to do to earn them. I have gotten a couple and they are great!

If a crazy little incentive like this helps one person say no to a urge, then they are worth it. I'm glad you are looking forward to your drawers. There is no doubt in my mind you will make it. xo, B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done to all the award winners, bigger celebration that St Patricks Day for all of you

:grouptrophy:

Sorry you've had such a rotten time Nursie, grief is dreadful.

Did we have a weekend? somebody appears to have stolen mine and its time to get ready for another week at the sweat shop
                        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1478965 wrote: Nesters, we have big doings today! There are a slew of Moons going out today!
                          Free at Last::moon:
                          Siren: :moon:
                          Halo: :moon:
                          Halfway Content: :moon:
                          All In: :moon:

Gosh, I hope I got all the arses covered...I'm filling in for Star, and nobody delivers a moon like she does!! We are ALL so proud of this huge accomplishment. 7 days is just the beginning! You CAN do this, and you have the MOONS to prove it! GREAT JOB! Byrdie
                          Yippie........look at all of those butts :H. I LOVE IT. Congratulations to all of you!
                          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                          ~Author Unknown
                          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1479017 wrote: Another moon going out to I'mStrongandInControl!!! I am exhausted after all these doings!! On behalf of the NN, please accept this small token of a huge job!! 7 days of kicking AL's arse!! So proud of you! Well done!!! :moon: Byrdie
                            WHOOOIIIEEE.......congratulations I'mStrongandinControl!
                            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                            ~Author Unknown
                            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

falling down..

I'm ashamed to post that I went on a 4 day binge. I'm completely disgusted with myself, because I thought for sure I had control of it now! But here we go again! I'm sick as a dog and it will again take days to recover! I just don't understand how I allowed this to happen again.. I guess just needed to come on and tell you all.. Im not in a mood to write much.. Just angry with myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter;1479180 wrote: I'm ashamed to post that I went on a 4 day binge. I'm completely disgusted with myself, because I thought for sure I had control of it now! But here we go again! I'm sick as a dog and it will again take days to recover! I just don't understand how I allowed this to happen again.. I guess just needed to come on and tell you all.. Im not in a mood to write much.. Just angry with myself.
                                Thank you for your honesty and sharing your pain. You have no idea how it resonates with all of us. It reminds me of my own disappointments and despair and helps keep me grounded in the absolute fact that I have a serious problem. I can't say the words yet, but they are in my head.
                                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X