Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

duplicate post!!! deleted.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1479017 wrote: Another moon going out to I'mStrongandInControl!!! I am exhausted after all these doings!! On behalf of the NN, please accept this small token of a huge job!! 7 days of kicking AL's arse!! So proud of you! Well done!!! :moon: Byrdie
      Oh Byrdie, please take my moon back! You missed my green beer yesterday. It wasn't a slip - I was being a defiant brat. I'm back at Day 1 - but the 311s have welcomed me back into the group-even with the negative number. I want to EARN the moon.

I was speaking with my husband tonight and he said (totally without malice, guile - just a true statement) "You said you were not going to drink while I was away and you were going to exercise everyday". I did say that and make that promise to him and to myself and lied yet again. On one hand, I'm overcome with such sadness and heartbreak having again let myself down - yet, while he has been away, I've had more sober days in a row than I have in 3 years. I spent much of that time on my couch, on this board, or doing nothing and that was ok with me in the moment. It was all I could do, energy wise. My two binges while he has been away cost me 2 days off work, massive hangovers and massive guilt. Plus depression - binging and depression just feed each other. I had a bit of a breakthrough last week - the depression lifted and I began to have more energy and motivation. Not sure what my point is anymore. I just want to post because I know how valuable it is to keep doing that. Anyway, with much gratitude, I humbly return the moon I don't deserve.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong, re: your green beer. IMHO, that was NOT a slip. One beer, are you kidding me??? You deserve your moon.

But if thems the rules, then come back in one week and claim your moon for real. Because I know you will be back.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'mStrong, I'm sorry, I read your post this morning and in my zeal to do right by Star, I pulled my britches down and went for it. I will store it away for 6 more days and pull'er back out proper then. Deal? Good job getting right back up here, THAT's the right thing to do. We will get you on your way and before long, you will not WANT whatever is in that glass. It's doable, and I'm proof!
          Great job everyone, together we can do this thing...went to a party tonight, did all the right things but people still kept pushing me and pushing me. I finally said, I'm having a bad flare of colitis and just can't risk it, and only did then they back off. Then later in the evening they raked another neighbor over the coals for being an alcoholic, and they were all sitting there drunk! Things are screwed up in this world. But at least I'm not part of THAT problem anymore! Yay for me...and yay for US! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter, I'm so sorry for your hard lesson. It is only after these defeats that maybe we can then look at this for what it is. We are people who should not be drinking AL, at all. If you can say this and mean it, you are going to find success...because we ALL know an ALK should not drink even one drink. No more than we'd give a heroin addict a little hit to take the edge off....see? it just doesn't make sense. The answer is to accept the news, deal with it, and make better choices in the future. Thank you for coming back and telling us...we are all sympathetic, but take our hands and hop on back up and we'll get it going again this time. Deal? Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

my lap top packed up! bummer.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for your kind words of support. After drinking for many years, 1/2 bottle of wine after five,
                i began to have some physical problems. I have had breast cancer, am free for three years. However, I am suffering from some form of hip pain.I am having a slew of tests to diagnose the problem. however, I know I am drinking more than the amount for a woman. i live in Israel, cannot get to meetings, am a very private person and I hide my drinking. I am lonely at times, my husband works abroad and is a great guy who doesn't have a clue ( I think). I so need the support of you all to conquer this. Last week I went three days without drinking. Not all together, yet, it was three days, I felt so proud of myself, I just need someplace to go to get help.
                eiti

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: New Family Members and Hello to All!

Quick note...had a family emergency tonight...deeply grateful I wasn't intoxicated and too drunk to drive anywhere. Felt SO GOOD to be a sane and sober contribution to my lovely fam.:h

All the best, P
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 14 for me here nesters! It's been great! Really been on the move! Been so busy and so available to anybody that needs me, I'm just so happy to be of service. It's a nice feeling.

Still feeling the urge and craving, but the Topa keeps it in check. The cravings are totally manageable now and now that I feel detoxed from AL, I can start my physical workout regiment and even keep myself more busy and finally get this monkey (AL) off my back for good!

Have a great week and good luck to everyone on their goals!

Regards!

Comment

Newbies Nest

eiti;1479247 wrote: Thank you for your kind words of support. After drinking for many years, 1/2 bottle of wine after five,
                      i began to have some physical problems. I have had breast cancer, am free for three years. However, I am suffering from some form of hip pain.I am having a slew of tests to diagnose the problem. however, I know I am drinking more than the amount for a woman. i live in Israel, cannot get to meetings, am a very private person and I hide my drinking. I am lonely at times, my husband works abroad and is a great guy who doesn't have a clue ( I think). I so need the support of you all to conquer this. Last week I went three days without drinking. Not all together, yet, it was three days, I felt so proud of myself, I just need someplace to go to get help.
                      eiti
                      Hello eiti - my husband also works abroad - in fact, he has been in Israel these last 2 weeks. I realized today how isolated we are from family and friends - we get together with our loved ones infrequently (distance is a problem) and I see that is how I've been able to keep my drinking a secret - if we were nearer and saw our friends regularly, I could not hide this. Welcome to the Nest - there are some wonderful people with sage advice here. I have felt less lonely checking in several times a day. These people are truly here for you - use them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks - checking in
                        Welcome Eiti and Dimension drifter. It really does help to be here

I've been to a few AA meetings, but I am am finding them hard to get to. I find I am getting as much (and probably more ) support from being here.

I'm in a funny mood today - I've been having pain in my joints as well as other issues and decided to get my thyroid checked out. I went and got my results today and they were negative - which is good.
                        I feel kind of depressed and flat though... Which is really stupid.
                        I guess I'm back to square one in sorting it out, which is a bummer. I don't know....

I've been taking it easy this afternoon and even though I had the feeling to drink I didn't ( instead cracked open a bottle of non-alcoholic cider).
                        It's just a mood.... It will pass.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all just checking in folks. Been naughty and had a few drinks yesterday and Saturday. Really strong craving from out of nowhere on Saturday. Had a couple of G and T and some wine with lunch yesterday. I need to stop having these odd days. Any advise? I am thinking of Allen Car book. Can anyone recommend it. I read Jason vales book a few hers back and hat worked a great. But they say it doesn't work the second time round :-/

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1479285 wrote: Hey all just checking in folks. Been naughty and had a few drinks yesterday and Saturday. Really strong craving from out of nowhere on Saturday. Had a couple of G and T and some wine with lunch yesterday. I need to stop having these odd days. Any advise? I am thinking of Allen Car book. Can anyone recommend it. I read Jason vales book a few hers back and hat worked a great. But they say it doesn't work the second time round :-/
                            I am not sure what your goal is Minstar.

Are you wanting to quit drinking alcohol completely or moderate your consumption?

If your goal is moderation then a little wine and G and T is 'naughty'.

If your goal is to quit alcohol then a little wine and G and T is a 'relapse'.

Allen Carr's book, if like his smoking book should help you. But first you must decide WHAT you want it to achieve.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks kuya. Relapse :-(

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1479313 wrote: Thanks kuya. Relapse :-(
                                The words we use to ourselves and to others are very important. They shape our psyche every time we speak and write.

I am finding freedom from alcohol easy because I have accepted I am an alcoholic and I can no longer risk ruining any more of my life by drinking alcohol.

If you WANT to get and stay sober Minstar, maybe the problem is using the wrong words.
                                Many people struggle to accept their addiction but being successful at beating it requires you recognise it exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X