Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Blossoms...that auto pilot we have is a bitch! But here's the good news, YOU DIDN'T do it!
    Remember the muscles you use get stronger, and you just used a really good one! Ask hubs to keep his stash elsewhere!!! Or have him pour it out, a little sake is NOT worth another Day 1!
    Great job on shifting your focus! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms;1479466 wrote: Oh wow! I just got the closest I've come to slipping just then.
      I went to the fridge .... Well because I'm feeling sad and so wanted something... and my hand was reaching for the bottle of sake my husband had there (he must have bought it when he went out to buy me an icecream)
      I switched and grabbed the carton of ice tea instead .... But I really wasn't even thinking - it was so automatic.
      I'm feeling sad, scared and stressed and it is almost midnight here ....
      What is going on Blossom?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am on day 2 of being AL free.. so funny how some say just go eat. I cant even put a cracker down... "go eat" so funny... people have problems and then are trying to to get off this poison. I take it day by day just like some say on here.... I have stopped. I cant just go eat I drink water with lemon just because tats the the only thing that will go down... if everything was just so easy and not a message on an online board.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep - the sake is out of the fridge now. I took it out and put it on the stairs up to his loft office space. I'm thinking of getting him a mini fridge thing for there.
          To be fair he probably thought I had gone ti bed for the night and wouldn't be opening the fridge.

What's up is that I have health problems that have flared since I stopped drinking, and I am trying to find answers as to what is wrong with me. I found out for sure today that it's not thyroid...

That's good ..... But now I am scared about what it could mean.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Blossoms. I don't think I could drink Sake if it was last drink on earth though!. Myself and my brother once cracked open a bottle after an already heavy night. I couldn't even lift my head the next day it hurt so much.
            It's weird though, I'm not tempted by anything other than wine. I've been driving around for months with a bottle of whiskey in the back of the car and not even tempted to have any of it. I must give it to somebody at this stage. It's just weird explaining a half bottle of incredibly good whiskey.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Blossoms! Stay strong, I know you can do this!

Bobby - Great job on making it to day 2. Getting something to eat is just one of many suggestions, it's hardly THE answer for an alcoholic. It helps some people, not all. If it doesn't work for you, try something else. You will soon figure out what DOES work for you. Keep up your great work!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon Netsers and a BIG WELCOME to all of the Newbies.....

I feel bad just busting in here, but I just wanted to do a quick pop in. I have NOT fallen off of the wagon, I have just been crazy crazy busy. I will try like mad to catch up tonight. Miss all of you....
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown
                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just found out that 2 of our major R&D sites are closing by 2016. This could affect my job. So scary for so many people!
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can hardly stomach anything. I go for 2 days then the problems play again and again in my head. I went to pdoc, I had some anti depressants prescribed and some other gross stuff that just left me zombie like. When I called the office I was told to give it 4 to 6 weeks.. 4 to 6 weeks.. my goodness... what is someone to do besides grab another bottle.. I tried that will power the thoughts just keep surfacing to my head... hear I am on day 3 what nasty alcohol is I can barealy write my arms are just shaking. no I haven't eaten and the water and lemon doesn't do no mercy.. My doctor said I had low self esteem..what gives I said I never had this problem before and was just a product of me and my girlfriend of 5 years leaving me for another man .... what is it that I am doing wrong.. I tried many times to put down the bottle.. What makes me happy for now sooo sad to say

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms;1479479 wrote: Yep - the sake is out of the fridge now. I took it out and put it on the stairs up to his loft office space. I'm thinking of getting him a mini fridge thing for there.
                      To be fair he probably thought I had gone ti bed for the night and wouldn't be opening the fridge.

What's up is that I have health problems that have flared since I stopped drinking, and I am trying to find answers as to what is wrong with me. I found out for sure today that it's not thyroid...

That's good ..... But now I am scared about what it could mean.
                      I'm sorry you are having other health issues, Blossoms -- it seems like when we are doing the hard work of getting AL out of our lives to be healthier, it should be working on everything!

I've seen posts on here about people having aching joints and muscles in the weeks after becoming AF as well as feeling very cold and tired. Depending on what you're dealing with, perhaps some of it is part of detoxing and will resolve on its own. I hope so and hope you are feeling much better tomorrow.

NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Totally agree with the other 'complaints' when you quit. I feel pain somedays I never felt before. Probably because I was so hungover I couldn't feel it. I also suffered a lot of infections in the first 2 months, probably because the alcohol wasn't killing them. LOL!

I'm having a tough evening - not tempted to drink, just down in the dumps. It's my first working day coming back to the new place I'm living and the very two people I want to call and talk about my move are gone A lot of tears this evening.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1479565 wrote: Totally agree with the other 'complaints' when you quit. I feel pain somedays I never felt before. Probably because I was so hungover I couldn't feel it. I also suffered a lot of infections in the first 2 months, probably because the alcohol wasn't killing them. LOL!

I'm having a tough evening - not tempted to drink, just down in the dumps. It's my first working day coming back to the new place I'm living and the very two people I want to call and talk about my move are gone A lot of tears this evening.
                          I'm sorry you are sad, Moni, and the people you want to talk to are unavailable. I wish life were a bed of roses after 124 days (congrats on that!! ) but then, that just isn't real life. It's great that you aren't tempted to drink and drown the sad feelings. Better just to feel them, go ahead and cry, and feel better tomorrow.

Hang tough! NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys move fast in here! lol!

I know I am late but thanks for the warm welcome some pages back!!! I have been lurking the Toolbox, and it's really helpful.

Day 7 AF is going well. It really does feel good to wake up clear headed, no jitters, etc. I'm in a good mood, not on edge, irritable... Wish I could bottle the feeling and carry it with me if and when the temptation hits, because I'm sure it will at some point, although it hasn't yet.

It has been years since I went a week AF (aside from being pregnant).

On to day 8!
                            AF since 3/12/13.

Completed over a year AF and fell off the wagon.
                            Back to it, new day 1= 7/1/14

I'm on my way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'mOnMyWay, on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, please accept this major award for 7 days of ALFreedom! Here, my dear, is your hard-earned full moon!! :moon:
                              In our world, this is huge. You have conquered every single day that a week can throw at you, and succeeded! Well done to you! Keep it going it only gets better from here! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:heartsnflowers: Please give us a smile! Sober is so much better than drunk. Hang in there. The BEST has yet to come!
                                moni;1479565 wrote: Totally agree with the other 'complaints' when you quit. I feel pain somedays I never felt before. Probably because I was so hungover I couldn't feel it. I also suffered a lot of infections in the first 2 months, probably because the alcohol wasn't killing them. LOL!

Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                                X