Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tried to go AF Yesterday and failed. going to try again today

I don't know why I am struggling so much with day one. But I am going to try to do it today.
    Friends invited me out last night for dinner because I have not been getting out and I ended up drinking two beers.
    Damn where is day one? do I have to be locked up?

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rednose, Yes. Don't go out on Day 1. B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1479927 wrote: hi....I hadn't "bolded" the last part but it was actually a part of the quote from two years ago. I actually sleep VERY well, now. I have occasional trouble but I think everybody does. :-)

I have been AF for 1 1/2 years now and basically that aching and dragging feeling had pretty much left my mind. I have the energy to work out daily and that's where any aching comes from now. :-)

It didn't happen overnight - but it was so worth the wait. During that time, I ached so much I couldn't sleep at night. It was awful. But all it took was time - and taking care of myself. To get my body USED to being taken care of.
        Oh.... I was getting confused - sorry. That's really helpful to know that it did eventually disappear.
        Thank you for sharing that with me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday Nesters. I still have bronchitis so today I shall be a mental traveler and find a place of peace to rest and recover. Please feel free to join me in this place. :l
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rednose, i never thought i'd make it through day 1...it was hard, but i did it. I'm on day 3 now and doing everything within my means to stay af. I expect it will be hard but no one is going to stop this pattern of drink and destruction for me so i have to do it myself. On day 1 and 2 havin a plan, writing down sone tips and preparing alternatives to drinking really helped. initially i thought 'how corny,how the hell can a plan and a few tips help me? My need for a is too strong and my will power to low" But, they really did help and here i am on day three. I can't say what will work for u but this sceptic gave it a shot and it helped.

And i think byrd is right about staying in for the first few days. My husband is away on business tinight and i know that if i'm anywhere near temptation i have a higher chance of failing. So, lets make a deal and both of us stay home tonight.
            'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
            Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
            2nd goal: 30 days
            3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone-

Missed you all over the past few days, but I had a great time with my daughter, visiting colleges.

Hippy, I am coming over to sit right beside you on that peaceful pond- thanks for the invitation.

Red-the best thing for the first few days/weeks (even months in my case) is to sort of "lay low" when it comes to the social scene. Its really not all that bad! Just do some things YOU want to do. Take care of YOU, Red, and don't worry about what others want.

I'm telling you - someone- it may have been Overit, mentioned the temptation of the Springtime activities right now (barbeques, parades, etc.). I am feeling that temptation myself! Just this past weekend, the weather was so warm and bright and I caught myself thinking about "enjoying a few"- like the old times. Well, I know exactly where that would lead me-Right back to the pain and misery of daily drinking and nightly dreading. Back to the guilt, shame and remorse. Back to forgetting and longing to be forgiven. Back to the night sweats and the constant lying. Well these beautiful Spring days would turn pretty ugly pretty quickly. Who wants that kind of life? Not ME! So I battled through the urges and am glad I did!

Thanks everyone for being here for me and for each other. We can do it!

:h Star
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1479905 wrote: Blossoms, I posted this just about two years ago. ...If there's one thing I know I can't exist without, it's sleep![/I][/B]
                Hi, Lola

I've been reading back in the NN and many of your posts during the late summer and fall of 2012, before I knew MWO existed, have been so helpful to me -- thank you.

It made me really appreciate the enormous reach over space and time of on online forum such as this --- everything we write, either describing ourselves or in an effort to support someone else, become available for any reader anywhere to learn from, whether at the time of posting or in the future. I was a hurting, confused, daily drinker struggling to get out from under AL's spell alone when you wrote several of the posts that now, months later, are there to guide and support me.

Words have such power and although MWO is somewhat unwieldy and hard to navigate, the words and phrases, gentle suggestions and tough love commands we need to hear to get past this addiction really are there. So, my continued advice to myself and others is to read and post and read and post...

You will eventually find what you need phrased in just the way you can "hear" it and maybe, you will be so fortunate as to write something in a manner that is just right to help someone else now or someday.

All the best to Everyone in the Nest and on MWO.

NS :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star, Thanks for joining me. Together we can heal!
                  Starfish1;1479964 wrote: Hello Everyone-

Missed you all over the past few days, but I had a great time with my daughter, visiting colleges.

Hippy, I am coming over to sit right beside you on that peaceful pond- thanks for the invitation.

Red-the best thing for the first few days/weeks (even months in my case) is to sort of "lay low" when it comes to the social scene. Its really not all that bad! Just do some things YOU want to do. Take care of YOU, Red, and don't worry about what others want.

I'm telling you - someone- it may have been Overit, mentioned the temptation of the Springtime activities right now (barbeques, parades, etc.). I am feeling that temptation myself! Just this past weekend, the weather was so warm and bright and I caught myself thinking about "enjoying a few"- like the old times. Well, I know exactly where that would lead me-Right back to the pain and misery of daily drinking and nightly dreading. Back to the guilt, shame and remorse. Back to forgetting and longing to be forgiven. Back to the night sweats and the constant lying. Well these beautiful Spring days would turn pretty ugly pretty quickly. Who wants that kind of life? Not ME! So I battled through the urges and am glad I did!

Thanks everyone for being here for me and for each other. We can do it!

:h Star
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Last night I went into my old "haunt"...the liquor store where I was known for flashing the clerk and falling down in the beer aisle. My daughter was with me, we went in to buy her some candy bars. The guy behind the counter was staring at me like he couldn't decide if it was really ME or not. I kind of averted my eyes, but then I thought...hey, I haven't been in here drunkenly in over a year, I shouldn't be ashamed!!

Rednose & Prettytulip - Good luck tonight, I'll be thinking of you! :l
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1479749 wrote: In the "General Discussion" forum, I just watched a documentary (online) called "Rain in My Heart". Riveting, mesmerizing and enlightening. Very difficult to watch, but seeing the physical and emotional cost of alcoholism - and lies we tell ourselves.
                      I couldn't sleep last night so I checked in to read and I came across your post, so I watched this documentary.....I made it to 9, I will watch 10 today. I don't even know what to say, it hurt to watch it.
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose;1479933 wrote: I don't know why I am struggling so much with day one. But I am going to try to do it today.
                        Friends invited me out last night for dinner because I have not been getting out and I ended up drinking two beers.
                        Damn where is day one? do I have to be locked up?

rednose
                        Yep you sure do have to be locked up......just lock yourself up for a couple of days, stock up on good food, lots of water and lemon. Get some good movies and shut your phone down to give you peace and quiet and just do it! Would it help if the nesters grounded you? . Because we could do that for you if it would mean you would keep yourself locked up for a bit. :H. Seriously Red you can do this, you have to be 100% committed though, can't pussy foot around it.
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown
                        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish-that's the same feelings I was having and at times the thoughts seemed overwhelming. But, I'm glad we stayed the course.

Yesterday was another one of those days. It totally proves why I cannot moderate. This weekend I would have been drinking on Saturday because we were enjoying yard work in the sun. Sunday we were out on the quads. Yesterday was a bad day at work and with my mom issues. Today would have been for just relaxation and trying to get over the bad day yesterday. So, I couldn't drink AT my problems, didn't want to eat AT my problems, so I went to the gym for a sweaty 55 minute Zumba class and felt so much better when it was over.

I hope everyone has a successful AF day today.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1479993 wrote: Seriously Red you can do this, you have to be 100% committed though, can't pussy foot around it.
                            Oneredshoes, you are so right. I've been up and down the past few weeks with this commitment because it does take strength. There was an article on the news this morning about professional athletes and how they called their lifestyle a "choice" and not a "sacrifice" which is how we should all look at a lifestyle without AL.
                            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

30 days!
                              Woop Woop!
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yay::alf: WOOHOO- Nursie!!!!!

Pin your hair back, girl- Byrdie's getting ready to size your hat!
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X