Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

The Jolly Fools!

I'm on day 3 of recovery (again).. It is obvious to me that alcohol depletes enormous amounts of vitamins in the body! An alarming amount in fact! I have noticed I need to take 3 or 4 times normal amounts of multivitamins and particularly magnesium for a week without drinking just to feel NORMAL again..and again.. and again... Need to at last put a stop to this cycle.. When your strong there are lots of temptations out there and plenty of people (who want to lure you into their web) They can seem jolly and harmless.. However to get you to be like them and behave like them, empowers them and makes them feel better about themselves... (Beware the jolly fools)!

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAHWHOIE!!!!!!!!!! Look at you go Nursie!!!!!!!!!!! 30, 30 , 30........so very happy for you!!!!! :l
      Nursie;1480011 wrote: 30 days!
      Woop Woop!
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dimension! GREAT JOB on getting to day 3!! You are almost over the hump of week one and well on your way to a good mooning. Stick close!!!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Forgot to mention that I'm cozying up to Hippy and Star today. I have my warm lemon water on my desk and a massage scheduled for 5:00. Need to be kind to myself today.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh great, Overit! Hippy and I will meet you at the massage parlor at five sharp! We want aromatherapy with our massages!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS NURSIE........in spite of your sad memories you have worked hard to reach this point.

I wish you continued, happy days of sobriety.

REDNOSE.......it is very hard to become AF again, a fact I keep at the front of my mind.......it stops me fantasising.

I have had one quit before this, 9 weeks that I blew at Christmas for a 'night off'. It took me 8 months to get AF again ( I joined here but didn't start posting til a week before I started this quit )

Keep trying Red, and when you get sober again protect your quit with everything you have. Repeat relapsing is NOT necessary, normal, or helpful.

Comment

Newbies Nest

EXCELLENT!!!:happy::yay:inkele:inkele::applaud::applaud:
                Nursie;1480011 wrote: 30 days!
                Woop Woop!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ummm.... I noticed that AllanKay has 200 days (congrats Allan!)... which means that the Black Cat has 200 days too...? I think I'm right Yes Kuya...YOU.

Well Done guys )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, how the heck did you sneak that one in on us???? WOW!!mg

On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, I hope you will accept this small token of a huge job!!! Yes, you have arrived! Here.....is your HAT!

:goodtime:

Wear it loud and proud, Susta!!! YOU EARNED IT! We are so proud of you! Would you have a few words to share with our brandNEWbie's about your journey? Well done!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Smokes the Prize Closet is busy today!!
                      AllanKay and Kuya, please step up to the front.....(no pushing, please).
                      On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, it is with great pride that I bestow the coveted Fickle Finger Award to you....for giving AL the Fecking Bird for 200 days!!!!!!

:finger::finger::finger::finger: (2 each, please)

Wow, that's a long time! I remember very well the day you two flew in! I'm so proud of you! Allan, you have made a total C change in your life....healthwise, jobwise, the whole works. Kuya, the wisdom you dispense every day here is priceless and very much apprceciated. This site grew much richer the day you two landed here. Congratulations on a job well done. And yes...it all started with Day 1!! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan and Kuya,

Most of us don't even think about the kind of numbers you've reached with such style - Congratulations!

Byrdlady;1480159 wrote: Holy Smokes the Prize Closet is busy today!!
                        AllanKay and Kuya, please step up to the front.....(no pushing, please).
                        On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, it is with great pride that I bestow the coveted Fickle Finger Award to you....for giving AL the Fecking Bird for 200 days!!!!!!
                        And yes...it all started with Day 1!! Byrdie
                        And the rest of us need to keep in mind that they DID it just like we are doing it - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Great job, Nursie, on getting 30 of them behind you even when your sadness weighed you down. You have strength that I really admire! We will never catch those 2 200-dayers because they clearly aren't going to fail but all of us following behind can keep going until as a percent of total days, we're right on their heels!!!

Byrdlady;1480155 wrote:
                        Nursie, how the heck did you sneak that one in on us???? WOW!!mg

On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, I hope you will accept this small token of a huge job!!! Yes, you have arrived! Here.....is your HAT!

Wear it loud and proud, Susta!!! YOU EARNED IT! We are so proud of you! Would you have a few words to share with our brandNEWbie's about your journey? Well done!!! Byrdie

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar.....it's all a matter of perspective....30 years from now, when we are typing out our posts at the end of another sober day...we'll say, "Yep, Ku, and AK and I all got sober around the same time back in the early 20-teens!! :gramps:

We are all in this together, and all got sober around the same time (in the grand scheme of things!)

I love your posts! (got to learn how to use those quotey things).
                          Your fan, B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1480180 wrote: NoSugar.....it's all a matter of perspective....30 years from now, when we are typing out our posts at the end of another sober day...we'll say, "Yep, Ku, and AK and I all got sober around the same time back in the early 20-teens!! :gramps:

We are all in this together, and all got sober around the same time (in the grand scheme of things!)

I love your posts! (got to learn how to use those quotey things).
                            Your fan, B
                            Wow if I could teach YOU something after all you have taught me, I would be the proudest bird in the nest - perhaps a peacock. We can have 'quotey thing' lessons any time you aren't busy taking care of everyone !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to everyone gettting prizes today.

I'm sitting in the nest, next to Star and Hippie today, just about ready to burst waiting for my award. Just a few more days..............oh, did I say how excited I am? Byrdie, can I peak? No, no, I know that would not do any good. I have to earn it. Oh, I'm just so fidgety. Ssssshhhhh.......I think Hippy is napping.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you!

Byrdlady;1480155 wrote: Nursie, how the heck did you sneak that one in on us???? WOW!!mg

Thank you so much for my beautiful hat, Byrdie! I think I will wear it to bed, and to work tomorrow! Some words for the brandnewbies....ok, I will share my experience.

Like many of you, I have quit before, toyed with moderation, argued with myself, and watched everything fall apart around me.
                                I started viewing my drinking as a crutch, a cop out, and it made me feel inferior. After all, there are mountains of people with tragic childhoods and loss that don't destroy themselves.
                                I drank a lot after my brother died, and thought I was entitled to. I took risks I never have before, drank so much hard liquor, drank mouthwash if I ran out, and was blacking out daily.
                                I was drunk and operating in a black out around my family, my children, my children's friends, at the grocery store, on the phone, in emails, and so much more.
                                I decided the day after I saw my mother sober for the first time in my adult life that if she could do it after losing her son, then I could do it too.
                                i read here every day, posted, and spent time every day protecting my sobriety above all else.
                                I read books about sobriety, I avoid situations that are tempting.
                                I take antabuse which takes the guesswork out of drinking. I just can't drink, so I don't.
                                But most of all, it's the people I have met here, the outpouring of support when you're really ready to receive it, that has been my lifeline.
                                thank you my friends.
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X