Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nursie :l I am SO proud of you! I'm sure your hat will look fabulous at work tomorrow. Wear it with pride my friend!

And Kuya and Allan...wow...you guys have kept Byrdie busy today!!! That's a good kind of busy...keep it up! :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, jeez, I forgot....
      Congratulations and huge kudos to Kuya and Allan. What a wonderful milestone, and you earned every mite of every day!
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW!! You guys are all amazing! 200 days, 30 days, 9 days....it's inspiring to say the least. And knowing that you're all here so helps me to say no to temptation

And for me, DAY 3 (!!!!Yippee!!!!) is coming to an end! The husband is away on business and rather than see it as an opportunity to drink, I've used it as an opportunity to say no.

I can't say it has been a walk in the park, but it has been a lot easier than I though it would be. Like other things I secretly dread, the anticipation of tonight (being AF) was worse than the reality (yep...AF!!!) I made it out of the shop with enough food to sink a ship (with only a couple of longing glances at the booze....damn them for keeping it behind the till!) and walked past two bars on my way home (impossible to avoid in small town Spain!).

Thanks for being there
        'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
        Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
        2nd goal: 30 days
        3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

200 DAYS!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS KUYA!
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown
          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

i need a nest,,,my husbands arms are getting tired,,and so are my wings

renewal;520252 wrote: Welcome one and all...we are pleased to have you here as one of our family. We offer a home where you can 'nestle in' and feel safe as we help support one another in our journey together. I encourage you to visit each and every day and stay 'plugged in' to us throughout. We are in this together and benefit most by helping one another and ourselves by sharing our experiences. There's plenty of room here in the nest, so feel free to bring a friend. Should it become crowded, I'll go out and get more twigs.
            Renewal
            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prettytulip, THAT is exactly how it's done! One victory at a time, the days begin to add up one by one until you begin to realize that you have a really great investment going! I am so happy for your day 3! You are operating under your own power now, all the AL is out of your system...Day 4 will be a good day... Well done!

Nursie, thank you so much for those inspiring words...just amazing how much more similar we are than different. Thanks for taking the time to put those thoughts down for us. I am so happy for you...

Overit, I got your prize in a bag right over here, and I can't wait to give it to you!!! Almost there~~ XO, B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 here too. Can't believe I rush home to find out the news in the Nest. Congrats to all, everyone of you - from 200 days to 0 days. We did it today. Tonight when I was walking home and a craving hit - thanks to all of you - I asked if I was hungry, thirsty or tired. Yes to all three! It wasn't a craving at all!
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters......I haven't read too far back, but do want to add my heartfelt congratulations to Kuya and Allandkey on their amazing 200 days AF, and to Nursie for her 30 days! Well done to all.....whether you are completing your very first day, or week......it all takes work.

I had a huge craving tonight that I did not want to give into. So just before I came here for reinforcement, I took L-glutamine, brushed my teeth, made a cup of Camomile tea, and then for added insurance, got my teeth whitening kit out and stuck that in my mouth. Can't drink rd wine with the bleaching going on.....not sure if they would turn a horrible shade of pinky on me....LOL!

So, feeling much better now. Having MWO out to turn to sure helps!

Safe night in the Nest to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

SeekingTao, I hope you have found your way here to the last page which is the most current. Glad you are here! Settle in and tell us what brings you by....Welcome!

Great job, Nesters on ID'ing those 'cravings' and being able to get over them. Most aren't cravings at all, but 'feelings' of Hunger, Anger, Lonely, Tired. (HALT). Keep up the great work and do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF~
                    Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've had a rough couple of days. I found out yesterday that 1600 people in my company - many that I know well and love working with - will be losing their jobs. This includes me, potentially. Here in the US there are 600 people losing their jobs outright and 600 are moving to MD. They aren't giving us any more details until June. There are another 600 affected in the UK.

I had a therapy session with my husband last night and told him he needed to give me a decision about our relationship. He has been dangling the threat of divorce over my head for too long. He said he would make up his mind soon.

I am completely despondent right now. My company has been going through this for several years and this is the biggest hit yet. I know so many people who have lost their jobs. I have been consoling myself with AL (of course).

You can probably figure out where I work by the info given. Please don't do anything with it. If I can't come here I have nowhere else to go.

Tomorrow will be another day one for me assuming I can pull myself up out of this depression.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

byrdlady I am more on that off right now...more than dh stressing me out. So hard to cope without it...I know there is a better way just need to find it....I also know that not getting to the gym is not good either.
                        Need a whole new game plan...
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all
                          I had a nice afternoon out with my daughter in the park yesterday as she had the day off from school. Today we are going out to a movie as it is a public holiday here (for the spring equinox). We will be meeting up with friends.... including a dad friend of mine and his daughter who is a friend of my daughter. He and I were always the first ones to suggest a beer under the blossoms while the kids play.... And this is the first time I've met up with him since I've stopped drinking.
                          We've been messaging about details and I put in a little joke about how I would need lots of chocolate to survive the overexcited girls (my daughter and her friends) because I had given up the booze.
                          It was good to get that out there before we meet up

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie and Siren - I'm sorry that things are so rough right now. Will alcohol fix it? I wish there was magic balm and I'd rub it all over you. Alcohol is not the magic balm but with make it worse, make you more depressed and irrational. (Day 3 and I preach like an expert). These are MAJOR life changes and stresses challenging you right now. Grieve, cry, kick a pillow - do whatever you need to to express it and release the stress - but be honest, how will alcohol help? Imagine tomorrow morning.
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot Bell and Siren...I am so sorry you are having so many troubles. They all seem to pile up on us sometimes.
                              As I began to abuse AL more and more, it seemed to help less and less....and there at the end, IT was making everything worse. It was an awful cycle. AL making every situation I was having worse. Getting sober didn't make everything better overnight, but it did make everything better, eventually. You have to learn some new coping skills. Things will have to be felt instead of numbed up. Finally, you get really good at this, and those things that once sent us over the edge aren't so bad anymore. Being sober won't help you get your job back, but it will sure help you deal with losing it, and getting another one. You can stay down and be beaten, or you can get up swinging. Get some rest tonight....and let's start this journey tomorrow....no matter what and no matter who. Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're right , Strong. You're absolutely correct. I'm done now. Done feeling sorry for myself. Starting anew tomorrow.
                                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X