Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

X-post my loverly Byrdie. Thanks for caring. I'm wiping my tears and gonna figure it out tomorrow.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tomorrow is a great day to quit...I started mine on the 20th we'll be quit buddies! Go dry your tears and get some rest....we'll talk first thing tomorrow.....byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Siren, sorry for your tough news. Tomorrow is just a couple hours away. When you open your eyes
        you will be on your way again to AF days. You can do it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1480255 wrote: I've had a rough couple of days. I found out yesterday that 1600 people in my company - many that I know well and love working with - will be losing their jobs. This includes me, potentially. Here in the US there are 600 people losing their jobs outright and 600 are moving to MD. They aren't giving us any more details until June. There are another 600 affected in the UK.

I had a therapy session with my husband last night and told him he needed to give me a decision about our relationship. He has been dangling the threat of divorce over my head for too long. He said he would make up his mind soon.

I am completely despondent right now. My company has been going through this for several years and this is the biggest hit yet. I know so many people who have lost their jobs. I have been consoling myself with AL (of course).

You can probably figure out where I work by the info given. Please don't do anything with it. If I can't come here I have nowhere else to go.

Tomorrow will be another day one for me assuming I can pull myself up out of this depression.
          Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. What a blow

Well done making a stand with your husband. Yes he has been dangling it over your head for far too long.... And that is not fair. And especially with all the uncertainty you have to deal with now. Hmmm..... He still didn't give you an answer?....

As someone who had my foot halfway out the door for years I want to say this - if he *really* wanted a divorce he would have carried through with it by now. The reason he is being so undecided is that he is unhappy and wants things to change but he doesn't want a divorce.
          Also, and I am looking at my own actions here, threatening divorce can a way of getting and keeping power..... And putting all the responsibity for problems and fixing them on to the other partner.

How about setting a deadline ( even in your own mind). If he hasn't decided to divorce by then, then he is saying that he doesn't want to and that he is staying in the marriage.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms - you don't know how right you are. It's all about power. He has it and he knows it. I have set many deadlines in my mind and they have all gone by the wayside. To enforce them is the issue. We share a house, finances, dogs, etc.

I feel that he would have gone if that's what he really wanted. I have changed to meet his demands. He now needs to change to meet mine. If he doesn't, I may be the one leaving. Yeah, right - whatever. I'm a sucker.

And I cut my thumb this morning slicing lemons for my water. I'm a sad sack if there ever was one.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sirens ....so sorry you have all this added stress :l:l

I wonder if you would be so much happier without the DH. In life we need supportive partners or we are better alone IMO, in fact a bad relationship is the LONELIEST place in the world.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

If there is a trick to this it is to treat every 'bad' feeling, mood, 'craving' as another stepping stone towards healing and normality. This way you welcome the 'bad' bits knowing you will never have to suffer that feeling again. Soon the days start to fly past and drinking thoughts no longer feature, I feel well again :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya and Alandkeys -- 200 days!!! Congratulations to you both, and Nursie too for 30 days! I hope you're all feeling proud of your accomplishments tonight, and treated yourselves to something special today. You deserve that!

Elliesmom :goodjob:
                Elliesmom

-------------------------------

For supplement dosage/schedule go to:
                http://www.mywayout.org/supps/update.pdf

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1480255 wrote: I've had a rough couple of days. I found out yesterday that 1600 people in my company - many that I know well and love working with - will be losing their jobs. This includes me, potentially. Here in the US there are 600 people losing their jobs outright and 600 are moving to MD. They aren't giving us any more details until June. There are another 600 affected in the UK.

I had a therapy session with my husband last night and told him he needed to give me a decision about our relationship. He has been dangling the threat of divorce over my head for too long. He said he would make up his mind soon.

I am completely despondent right now. My company has been going through this for several years and this is the biggest hit yet. I know so many people who have lost their jobs. I have been consoling myself with AL (of course).

You can probably figure out where I work by the info given. Please don't do anything with it. If I can't come here I have nowhere else to go.

Tomorrow will be another day one for me assuming I can pull myself up out of this depression.
                  Siren, I'm so so sorry...I did hear about your company, and can only imagine how paralyzed you must feel right now not knowing what the future holds for your career. That's bad enough without also throwing potential divorce into the mix. But AL only makes depression worse. I agree with Kuya that a bad relationship is a much more lonely place to be than being alone: been there, done that. You said he's taking time to make a decision, but what about you? You get a say in this, too. But starting over tomorrow is the best thing you can do for yourself. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning! :l

Elliesmom
                  Elliesmom

-------------------------------

For supplement dosage/schedule go to:
                  http://www.mywayout.org/supps/update.pdf

Comment

Newbies Nest

YIPPEE!!!!

The site is back up and we have an award winner!!!! The Last Straw has achieved SEVEN DAYS without AL and is hereby awarded the newbies nest full moon award!!!

Here's to seven days of hard work, kicking AL's arse, S!
                    :moon:
                    We are SO PROUD of YOU!!!!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The nest is back. So Happyyyyy. I was just praying all night that everyone would be strong enough to hang in there until the site came back...me included. It's so difficult to not know what's happening, huh?
                      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Thank you Starfish.

I think I'll go buy a new pair of workout pants...to cover my full moon!!!! as my reward this week.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my gosh....so I wasn't losing my mind, the site wasnt working. Talk about panic on my part. CONGRATULATIONS to THE LAST STRAW!!!!!!! So very very happy for you. GO kick some arse!
                          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                          ~Author Unknown
                          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, been praying for you...I hope you are feeling better today.
                            Dottie- big hugs
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lSirens:l Sorry you're having a rough time...I know how it feels to seemingly have everything come crashing down...then somehow, we get through to the other side. You WILL too, just hang in there. Keep posting and sharing, it really helps (it helps us too!) :h

I thought it was just my internet down this morning...well the good news is WE'RE BACK!!!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been having MWO Withdrawals!!! Dang!
                                Way to go, laststraw!!! Great job on your moon!
                                Stay strong today nesters....Nothing is worth losing your quit! XO, B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X