Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday nesters. I love Springtime!!! I LOVE SOBRIETY!!!Welcome SPRING! A time of renewal!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren,
      I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. I am sending you a BIG GIANT CYBER HUG! :l
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day nesters. WHo is watiing on an answer from Hubby? hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm..........I think that deserves a definite immediate answer. He has to ponder that question? Sorry, you didn't ask for my opinion.

I hope Hippy and Star enjoyed my massage last night. I know I did.

I hope everyone has a great NF day.

Day 99 here.............just sayin'

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woohoo- Overit- one more day to the century mark- and yes, I enjoyed the massage, but need to sign up for another one already
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. sorry to read your news Siren, sending you vibes to stay strong. Not very springlike here!

Off for a read as I missed out this morning like the rest of you
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren,
              So sorry to hear about the stress you are going through. Just know that we are thinking of you! The 311 gang is here to support your efforts, you have been very supportive to all of us, just know that we are here to support you!
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was in a bit of a panic this morning when I couldn't get this site up. Glad it is back.....fighting off the "poor me poor me pour me" I don't want to pour me a glass of anything with alcohol but the craving is there for me today for some reason....well, I do know why. Extreme stress at work.....president of my co. wants my boss to start reporting to ME instead of the other way around. Waiting for him to email us his "plan". this will not work and will cause even more tension than there already is. Plus, you would think I would get some sort of compensation for him putting me through this....he is using me as his pawn to get my boss to quit. It sucks.:upset:
                I am trying to focus on being grateful that it isn't the other way around but this shit is hard to deal with nonetheless. Would love to just check out but that will help NOTHING.
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1480390 wrote: Good day nesters. WHo is watiing on an answer from Hubby? hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm..........I think that deserves a definite immediate answer. He has to ponder that question? Sorry, you didn't ask for my opinion.

I hope Hippy and Star enjoyed my massage last night. I know I did.

I hope everyone has a great NF day.

Day 99 here.............just sayin'
                  Are you so excited? 100 days tomorrow, I am really excited for you! I seriously can't wait to hit 100 days. I absolutely love counting my AF days as well as watching everyone else rack them up.
                  "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                  ~Author Unknown
                  AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

prettytulip;1480208 wrote: WOW!! You guys are all amazing! 200 days, 30 days, 9 days....it's inspiring to say the least. And knowing that you're all here so helps me to say no to temptation

And for me, DAY 3 (!!!!Yippee!!!!) is coming to an end! The husband is away on business and rather than see it as an opportunity to drink, I've used it as an opportunity to say no.

I can't say it has been a walk in the park, but it has been a lot easier than I though it would be. Like other things I secretly dread, the anticipation of tonight (being AF) was worse than the reality (yep...AF!!!) I made it out of the shop with enough food to sink a ship (with only a couple of longing glances at the booze....damn them for keeping it behind the till!) and walked past two bars on my way home (impossible to avoid in small town Spain!).

Thanks for being there
                    Hey tulip - Day 4 here too - how are you doing?

Siren, Jenniech and Dottie - I know the angst of uncertainity and being "in limbo" for eons. Difficult to think of as an opportunity - but I truly believe that when one door closes, another one opens to a better place.
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick update to let you all know that i can now tick day 4 off the list

So, i'm over the hump and ready to tackle an af day 5!

Well done to you all today xx
                      'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                      Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                      2nd goal: 30 days
                      3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks to Fallen Angel for posting this on the Daily Inspiration thread. Hope no one minds my posting it here.

Be Good To Your Future

Be good to your future. Live with purpose, integrity and discipline in the present.

Now is the perfect time to avoid future regrets. Now is the ideal time to create massive future value.

Today, you have great leverage over how your life will be tomorrow. Use that leverage in such a way that you?ll look back on your choices with gratitude and satisfaction.

What you do right now has a significant influence far into the future. Feel that awesome power and exercise it wisely.

Never forget that all your actions have very real consequences. Today you can choose the actions that bring the best, most desirable consequences.

Be good to yourself by being good to your future. Use your choices right now to choose a future that?s just the way you?d like it to be.

? Ralph Marston
                        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest!
                          Siren, so sorry you are dealing with this right now. Sending you strength and clarity to manage the situation.
                          Hope everyone is having a great day!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, Nursie... what's the next goal now that you filled them all in??? You need to doll up that signature some more...

Nursie;1480617 wrote: Evening Nest!
                            Siren, so sorry you are dealing with this right now. Sending you strength and clarity to manage the situation.
                            Hope everyone is having a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey fellow nesters,

Been out of the nest for a few days and was just catching up. A HUGE CONGRATULATION TO KUYA AND ALLANKAY FOR 200 DAYS! Way to go!!!

And CONGRATULATIONS to Spidey for her 100 days!!!

And to Nursie for her 30 day hat, and Last Straw for her 7 day moon. Well done!!!

So sorry for all your troubles Siren, Dottie and Jenni. Wishing there was something we could do to help. So many people struggling with so many difficult problems. We are all thinking of you and here for you if you need us. Hang in there.

Hello to everyone else in the nest. So glad we all have a place to come for support. So many wonderful people here. It's truly an honor to be a part of this wonderful place!
                              AF since 12/2/12
                              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you almost free. I makes me feel so much better knowing I have the nest to fall back into at anytime of the day or night.....
                                :l
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X