Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great job, MyLife!! I am so happy for you! You have mastered the hardest part! Well done!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob:

My Life, congratulations
      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to you also, My Life. When I was at day 7, I couldn't even imagine 100. Now? I don't even know where the time has gone. Keep it up.

Welcome Matchee!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to you both -Overit and MyLife!!!

Great names both of you btw.... Because you are over it and moving forward with your lives

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Overit and Mylife......well done!
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1480956 wrote: WOO HOO! HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE:banana:

Thanks Byrdie. I couldn't wait to get here this morning!

WOO HOO!
              :yougo: Yippee! OverIt!!! ~ Congrats to You! So very happy for you...

:wd: Yay! for YOUR FULL MOON My Life!

Love, Love your lovely new avatar NoSugar...fitting
              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I'm happy I quit on a Friday, as it makes me that much stronger for this weekend. I'm really happy I got through the week - I had to travel for work and that usually means drinking at the hotel bar. However, this time I brought workout clothes and used the gym during that witching hour instead. No weight lost yet, though as I have been eating way too much - but at least I'm sober. It was also so much easier to deal with work meetings and stress with no hangover.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to you My Life.......that first week is huge and takes courage.

Like you say it makes it easier starting on a Friday, this weekend do something relaxing, go for a spa or sauna or massage or facial ........or ALL of these. Eat well, get some walking in and treat yourself like royalty

Comment

Newbies Nest

great job mylife!!
                    Wow, I can totally understand why stopping on a Friday was a wise choice! That would have been the HARDEST day of the week for me to stop. The fact that you did should prove to you that you KICKED AL ASS on a very hard quit day AND in the process, gained the strength you need to do it again and again and again and again...
                    Awesome and very wise thing to do indeed!!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone , I've been really busy with work and family. Things are wonderful and really
                      Going well. I try to read a little each day but with track and baseball almost every night it's tough to post. My friends and family can't believe the changes and are really coming around. I have another month on Appt lease but it looks very likely ill be moving back in with my family soon. Could not have done this with out all of your help! Business is terrific and not drinking I'm really getting things done.
                      It hasn't been a smooth road lots of sad lonely days thrown in for good measure, but it seems like the good ones always outweigh the bad ones! This AF road has not been without tremendous costs, lost friends and people I cared deeply about, this separation from my wife and family resulted in numerous friends not returning calls or acting like they'll catch something if I am around . It does make you stronger and you find the faith that's been there all along just wasn't as visible through the fog of AL. Thank you all again remarkable progress is being made, I'm convinced this is My Way Out!

There's lots of new faces here in the nest, welcome and this is a terrific source of encouragement and hope. To my old friends thank you again for saving me and I'm so proud of all the hard work and progress. I'm just sorry I was not able to put more in the last 10-12 days. Keep it up if we all stick together great things will continue! j

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday everyone! I'm staying close to home this weekend. I'm still kinda weak from my bout with bronchitis so I will force myself to rest even though all my friends are at a Living History event. My 3 little Dachshunds are glad I'm up and about again. A week in bed was very boring for them and for me. This morning they have toys from one end of the house to the other. It looks like pet Supermarket exploded around here. I really should lessen the quantity and save just the quality toys. I'm thinking that's not likely with a MOTTO like mine. Anything worth doing is worth over doing...and sobriety is what I'm doing now and forever more! Enjoy this weekend and stay SOBER! :l
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done! Keep it up. You're doing GREAT Jimmy!!!
                          jIMMYDAMA;1481426 wrote: Hello Everyone , I've been really busy with work and family. Things are wonderful and really
                          Going well. I try to read a little each day but with track and baseball almost every night it's tough to post. My friends and family can't believe the changes and are really coming around. I have another month on Appt lease but it looks very likely ill be moving back in with my family soon. Could not have done this with out all of your help! Business is terrific and not drinking I'm really getting things done.
                          It hasn't been a smooth road lots of sad lonely days thrown in for good measure, but it seems like the good ones always outweigh the bad ones! This AF road has not been without tremendous costs, lost friends and people I cared deeply about, this separation from my wife and family resulted in numerous friends not returning calls or acting like they'll catch something if I am around . It does make you stronger and you find the faith that's been there all along just wasn't as visible through the fog of AL. Thank you all again remarkable progress is being made, I'm convinced this is My Way Out!

There's lots of new faces here in the nest, welcome and this is a terrific source of encouragement and hope. To my old friends thank you again for saving me and I'm so proud of all the hard work and progress. I'm just sorry I was not able to put more in the last 10-12 days. Keep it up if we all stick together great things will continue! j
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see you, Jimmy and to hear your good news :l
                            I have been thinking about you and am so happy to hear you doing so well. Stick around as much as you can and keep us posted on all your success!
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back on this site. Trying to do this again. I'm on day 4. Last night was a success. I had a rough day and was driving home in traffic. It was either go to the liquor store or Arbys and grab something to eat. I was starving so I chose Arbys. Thank you God!!!! I am one of those people who like to drink on an empty stomach to get plastered. The main thing I need to focus on, aside from "one day at a time" is to make sure I eat dinner early. Once that is completed, I don't care about drinking b/c I won't get the quick rush of alcohol like I would on an empty stomach.
                              "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                              March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                              Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                              Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                              Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                              Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                              Goal #6: 6 months
                              Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

How ironic! I was on this site almost exactly one year ago. Started my AF 3/19
                                "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                                March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                                Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                                Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                                Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                                Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                                Goal #6: 6 months
                                Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Working...
                                X