Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Hope and Welcome!!!

We are so glad you are here with us. Yes, you have already realized a huge tool for keeping yourself alcohol-free and that is to EAT. Eat plenty, Hope. We talk about four dangers here (HALT) Hunger, Anger, Loneliness or being tired. Lots of times, one of these will trigger an alcohol craving.

You have landed in a great spot, Hope, to get the help you need, if you are really serious about quitting drinking. There is loads of support here. Get yourself a good plan to help you make it through each day. You can get some good ideas from our toolbox (see my signature line). One important thing to do is to read and post here a lot. Let us get to know you and you will soon know all of us. Thanks for joining us!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My Life-you quit on a Friday? You ARE a rebel aren't you? Very nice. Keep hitting the gym and the weight will come off in time. Just give it time. It is very important to just pamper yourself right now, like Kuya said.

Jimmy-you are one tough cooke. Keep hanging in there.

Hope-completely understand the empty stomach thing. at my house, we never eat until 9 at night, after the drinking for the evening has come to an end. I say that we still do that because my husband still drinks but I get ya'. Congrats on day 4. Hang in there and stay close to the nest.

Congrats to Pretty Tulip, thelaststraw, my life, and halfway..............you guys are doing so well. I know when you look at some of the numbers of days that are being posted it can be overwhelming but today is 101 for me and I have no idea where the time went. It just happens.

Everyone, have a great AF day today! It's awesome!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit...it's like a bank account, when you draft some money out of your check every week and then you look at your statement one day and say, DAM! They just add up! It is a great feeling....
        Friday is just another day, not a free pass to Oblivion-Ville! We don't want anyone walking up with the GSR Brothers (Guilt/Shame/Remorse, they are a sorry lot). If you got thru yustaday AF, you can do it again today! Rinse and Repeat!
        K9 will be along with the Pep Squad to give you today's WORD!!! Happy AF Friday! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:I'm glad you are back with us. You can get sober and stay sober! This time 4 sure! :l
          hope10;1481439 wrote: How ironic! I was on this site almost exactly one year ago. Started my AF 3/19
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brand New

Greetings MWO peeps. My Girl friend sent me a link to a suppliment called Declinol, researching Declinol i found MWO. I'm 50, divorced and currently in a relationship with a non drinker, non smoker. I've been able to kick the smokes but the Jimmy B is a whole nother thing for me. I have a lot of stress coming out of my divorce and my kids, career, etc and it's a huge trigger. Then a lot of days i don't need a trigger, i just love my slim jims (Jim and Diet). I can crank through a LOT of it.

OK, here's where I'm at. I used a popular medication to help me quit smoking. Not having a "partner" that drinks and smokes helped a lot. I can't find that same kind of "smoking gun" approach to quiting the JB. I'd really like to start trying, again. I've been to CR, tried a million times to go cold turkey. I honestly don't want to be a non drinker, I'd like to be able to control my drinking, but I don't think that's an option. I'm a none or 9 kinda guy.

Can anyone point me in a "solid" direction for a suppliment or drug or program or anything that I could try to use to be successful?

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:yougo::yougo:

Here's the pep squad checking in!

MyLife - The first time I took Antabuse was on a Friday as well. I figured I'd get day one and the hardest day of the week over with at the same time!

Overit - Congrats on day One-OH-One...you don't look a day over 99! LOL

Hope - Welcome back! Many of us (myself included) came and went and stopped and started a few times. I got to day 40 several times and had to start over. Not sure what it was about day 40, I guess I thought I had this thing licked...turned out I didn't. Don't worry though, one quit will STICK for good. Don't give up before that happens!

HappyHipster - I'm glad you and the girls are out of bed. I had bronchitis/sinus infection a few weeks ago and yes, it's boring I'm glad you're feeling better. You're always so cheery I didn't even know you were sick. All I know is that you have 3 very lucky little ladies there...they are loved and spoiled!

Ok everyone...let's remember that Friday is just another day...not an excuse to drink. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before.

Now let's get out there and show AL who's BOSS!

:h
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1481506 wrote: :yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:yougo::yougo:
                Overit - Congrats on day One-OH-One...you don't look a day over 99! LOL
                :h
                LOLOLOL! Although, my bag does have a few more wrinkles lately.

Curious-oh, where to start? You sound like so many of us, you have no idea. I did have to laugh at your "slim jims" that was funny, good job. So, I, and a few others here take Antabuse. It just completely takes away the option to drink. You can't, period. So, you turn your mind, your habits, your attention elsewhere. As Byrdie says "move along, nothing to see here"

Jimmy was talking about how much he was able to accomplish. Isn't it the truth? I am still trying to get used to the idea of there being a life after 7PM. It's crazy!

I don't feel like working today, can you tell?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Grr another night of no sleep, fighting the urge at 7 am and being down 100oz's by noon. I got to start changing some shit or Im going to die and lose by very beautiful girlfriend. I bought some super b complex and fish oil pills today (with my beer of course) grrrr! I need a diet plan badly. My anxiety and depression is through the roof.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: You can find a way out on this site. You can start by checking out the links at the bottom of this post. Lots of MWO people can stop drinking without meds. I needed them to give me the extra power to stop and stay stopped...almost 6 months now! Read thru the meds threads and ask lots of questions. There is help here for you! :l
                    Curiousalchy;1481505 wrote: Greetings MWO peeps. My Girl friend sent me a link to a suppliment called Declinol, researching Declinol i found MWO. I'm 50, divorced and currently in a relationship with a non drinker, non smoker. I've been able to kick the smokes but the Jimmy B is a whole nother thing for me. I have a lot of stress coming out of my divorce and my kids, career, etc and it's a huge trigger. Then a lot of days i don't need a trigger, i just love my slim jims (Jim and Diet). I can crank through a LOT of it.

OK, here's where I'm at. I used a popular medication to help me quit smoking. Not having a "partner" that drinks and smokes helped a lot. I can't find that same kind of "smoking gun" approach to quiting the JB. I'd really like to start trying, again. I've been to CR, tried a million times to go cold turkey. I honestly don't want to be a non drinker, I'd like to be able to control my drinking, but I don't think that's an option. I'm a none or 9 kinda guy.

Can anyone point me in a "solid" direction for a suppliment or drug or program or anything that I could try to use to be successful?
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reno;1481526 wrote: Grr another night of no sleep, fighting the urge at 7 am and being down 100oz's by noon. I got to start changing some shit or Im going to die and lose by very beautiful girlfriend. I bought some super b complex and fish oil pills today (with my beer of course) grrrr! I need a diet plan badly. My anxiety and depression is through the roof.
                      Have you read the MWO book? It gives lots of great ideas on healing from this disease! There is also a section on holistic healing and the threads there have excellent advise as well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reno;1481526 wrote: Grr another night of no sleep, fighting the urge at 7 am and being down 100oz's by noon. I got to start changing some shit or Im going to die and lose by very beautiful girlfriend. I bought some super b complex and fish oil pills today (with my beer of course) grrrr! I need a diet plan badly. My anxiety and depression is through the roof.

I'm glad you came to the nest, Reno!

Can you start tapering on the alcohol today? You likely will feel better if you make some progress.

If you read back on the posts here a few weeks, you might find some ideas --- as you might expect, the same problems come up over and over and over. We're all in the same boat.

As for your diet, the more you can nourish your body, the better, but right now, you probably should eat anything
                        that will help you not drink. Most people find that carbohydrates are best for that at first. Perhaps a sandwich with some good meat and vegetables in it? Later, once you've gotten past this first bad bit, you can work on improving your diet by eating primarily natural (i.e. not processed or synthetic) foods.

Please let us know if you have any specific questions right now. Someone usually is around the nest 24/7.

NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Curiousalchy;1481505 wrote: Greetings MWO peeps. My Girl friend sent me a link to a suppliment called Declinol, researching Declinol i found MWO. I'm 50, divorced and currently in a relationship with a non drinker, non smoker. I've been able to kick the smokes but the Jimmy B is a whole nother thing for me. I have a lot of stress coming out of my divorce and my kids, career, etc and it's a huge trigger. Then a lot of days i don't need a trigger, i just love my slim jims (Jim and Diet). I can crank through a LOT of it.

O man, I just googled Declinol and it says no side effects. If ture it sounds to good. I like to hear more about this from people who have used it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1481532 wrote: Have you read the MWO book? It gives lots of great ideas on healing from this disease! There is also a section on holistic healing and the threads there have excellent advise as well!
                            No . Can't find it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go to the HOME page of this site and you will see how to buy anti craving meds, books etc. There is alot of info on recovery there.
                              Reno;1481550 wrote: No . Can't find it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reno, look at the very top of this page to the Health Store, I'm pretty sure the book is in there! Glad you are with us! Read and post....read and post!
                                Curious, good to see you, too....
                                Read back a week or so and get to know us, then jump on in!
                                Other than Antabuse, I don't think we have anyone using the other meds here in the nest....check under the New Post section, you will see to the right the different sections here...look for the one that has drug-looking names in it! Sorry to be NO help on that.
                                If you'd like to give a go under your own power, maybe we can help!! Please stick around! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X