Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi, I am very new to this site. Not sure what I am doing. I am 7 day AF. Just looking for support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tbarb101;1481978 wrote: Hi, I am very new to this site. Not sure what I am doing. I am 7 day AF. Just looking for support.
      You came to just the right place, Tbarb! This newbies nest is full of people at all stages of getting off alcohol. You can get advice from experienced people who have been sober for a long time as well support from everyone! You are pretty lucky because there is a big award for people who kick AL in the rear end for 7 days in a row!! When Star or Byrdie show, up.... LOOK OUT!!! :H

In the meantime, you might want to look through the toolbox (link in my signature) -- something in there may resonate with you as being just the idea you need.

:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Super COOL!
        jenniech;1481959 wrote: Hey Hippy!
        I do the same exact thing with my family tree!! I have an ancestor that was part indian and governed the nebraska territory for a while....very interesting stuff! His father (also my ancestor) was kidnapped as a child and raised by Indians and he then married an Indian....It is really fun to find out about history...my hometown has a person who ran for president of US about 100 years ago and he basically built this town. Behind my house is what used to be his original homestead (now woods) I walk my dogs back there and feel the history all around me. I love it!!
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Stay close and read and post... lots! I look forward to getting to know you! :l
          Tbarb101;1481978 wrote: Hi, I am very new to this site. Not sure what I am doing. I am 7 day AF. Just looking for support.
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, I don't have moon dooty today, but I hope Star won't mind if I sneak one in here for TBarb!! This is big doings!!
            TBarb, on behalf of the Newbie's Nest, please accept this small token of a HUGE job!! Your Moon!:moon:
            This is for kicking AL's arse for 7 FULL DAYS!! For letting the door hit AL arse on the way out...for..., well, you get it. In our world, this is huge. You made a decision, and you stuck with it. We are all so happy for you....settle in and tell us what brings you by!!
            Be sure to check out the Tool Box (link below) for valuable tips and coping skills to help you. We are so glad you found us. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay, TBarb,
              I hope you can stick with us for awhile.

We went out to dinner last night with a woman and her hubby, whom she wants my hubby to get to know, and we can all be buddies. No AL (yippie!!!), but....

what amazed me is that this particular restaurant is not known for serving AL. Suddenly I smelled the stench of AL, turned around, and a booth over and down the aisle had a beer bottle on the table.

I don't think I would have noticed it a couple of months ago, but now I feel like I have my senses back to some degree. Pretty cool, I think.

Did anyone else notice that type of thing?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All and fellow helpers
                This is day 1 again. I drank so much of everything, I needed to leave my home and move with the parents 70 miles away. It has been 4 days of this and my parents just took all the alcohol out of the house. So I found out she is living in the house on and off with this new guy. I am trying once again to get these alcohol urges out of my head.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Bobbyslife,

Have you completed day 1, or working on day 1?

Glad your parents are helping by keeping AL out, stay away from the CREEPY AL. It only makes things worse. You'll see after you have a week AF under your feet.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I stopped last night. How embarrassing is this 35 years old and had to move back home. Then they found my alcohol that was embarrassing but I guess that was a good thing..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goooood, Stopping last night.

We're pulling for you. Keep posting when you are near a computer. Keep reading the tool box and other people's posts.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Tbarb!!! Welcome!! And congratulation on seven days and earning your full moon!' We are so glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you!!!

Thanks for stepping in for the moon dooty, Byrdie!
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Weekend!

Hey, All! jiminy, my computer was down for a day, and I really had a lot of reading to catch up with, and LOTS of birthdays and celebrations to applaud!

Welcome, Bobbyslife, Reno, TBarb, and everyone else who is just joining or coming back "home". This is a very very good place to be.

Congrats to everyone who is celebrating! Lots of big numbers, lots of numbers that are big because they are those hard first days. You are all an inspiration to me.

And Hippyman and Blossoms, I hope you are both starting to feel better. Treat yourself well, and don't try to do too much too soon.

So, I am on Day 22 today, and am enjoying finally feeling the depression lift a bit. QUITE a bit, to be honest. In fact, I would be willing to say that life is looking very very fine.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noname, I am so happy for you! 22 days is awesome!
                            Laststraw, looking strong there!
                            Star, ALWAYS great to see you...I'm glad yer not mad at me for the moon. I just couldn't help myself. Sometimes, a girls just gotta let loose!

Bobbyslife, I am convinced that we have to do whatever it takes to get sober...everything else will sort itself out, but this ONE thing must be addressed, and you are doing it! My hubs found some of my stash, too, it was humiliating...but it got me sober. One day at a time...that's all we can do.

Stay strong, nesters...this is just another night of the week for us nondrinkers! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi :welcome: and :goodjob: to Tbarb

OMNFG Oneredshoe .......47 days........that has flown by.......how wonderful that you will be taking the new you on an international adventure......how exciting

Jennie ...... I hate what you are going through with your boss......but watching him in denial, messing up his life is a good way to protect your quit. After being at MWO for a while you realise some people refuse to do the things they must do in order to quit......and there is nothing any of us can do or say to help them.

Help yourselves, nesters, this is NOT a dress rehearsal !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Noname .......it keeps getting better

Comment

Working...
                                X