Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, Still here, reading and cheering you on. Not too motivated to post as no real good news to share. Thanks Free and NoSugar for your pm's. I'm really happy for you all. Hopefully I'll have good news to share soon. I have my interview on Monday, and I really don't want to be shakey and sweating. So I'm tapering and trying to get back to AF days. I'm also dying to get back into triathlon training.

I've been talking to a guy I worked with on a project back in 2011. He is a PM, which is where I'm trying to get into more, job-wise. He has also been through the 'redundancy' phase with our company and has answered a lot of my questions. He's been a good support and a wealth of info.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Siren ......I didn't realise you had hit a real low......thought it was a night ......anyway :l:l

You will be fine, I am sure

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Kuya. I know - just very uncertain now. I'm trying to be pragmatic and not worry too much about it right now - I can't do anything anyway. I'm actually doing OK most days, though I have my moments.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day one

Day one for me and this site seems really helpful. It is great to know there are people out there struggling and succeeding.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Determined2,
            yep this site is helpful. Have you checked out the tool box? That is helpful, too. I don't know exactly where it is, but one of the senior members keeps a link in her signature. It's around here somewhere.

Nestle in and make yourself at home.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Det......congrats on taking back your life.

Settle in and be courageous the first few days. Make sure you drink plenty of water, add a little lemon, eat well and loads......it stops cravings and rest as much as possible.

And if you feel vulnerable, come here and find someone to chat to or read and read and make sure to post loads ......writing about stuff confirms it to your mind that you have quit the madness.

Welcome back to life :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms;1481793 wrote: Yes.... I think that's the direction I want to go for the moment. I might look into some Chinese traditional medicine.... Which is pretty popular here.
                I have read about it and it sounds very interesting, I have always wanted to try it. Let me know how it works for you if you go that route.
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown
                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

10 minutes till the lcbo closes.... drank some vodka, ready to go get more... could really use someone right now

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweetie, what's Icbo?
                    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweetie78;1482165 wrote: 10 minutes till the lcbo closes.... drank some vodka, ready to go get more... could really use someone right now
                      We're here Sweetie. Ready to listen. Tell us what's going on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweetie78;1482165 wrote: 10 minutes till the lcbo closes.... drank some vodka, ready to go get more... could really use someone right now
                        Hey sweetie78...... I am here, how are you doing?
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1481783 wrote: OMG Are you the queen of understatement or what??? :H:H:H

ORS: Oh, you know, I thought I would just move to the other side of the world. Did I mention it would be in the other hemisphere, too? Just for a couple years - no biggie...

WOW! That sounds exciting (and kind of scary).

One thing that is cool- it doesn't have to affect your MWO friendships at all (although you and I might not me online at the same time too often...)!

Good luck with all the preparations involved. Getting help sounds essential to me. As does being sober so you're going to need to be really really old in AF-time,
                          Nosugar......I have to try to look at certain situations nonchalantly, otherwise I would drive myself insane with being overwhelmed. :H.
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Went to a dinner party tonight...first time AF .... The wine was flowing but not into me. My friends live about 35 minutes away. Driving home there was a DWI checkpoint. The first time that has ever happened to me and the first time I ever went to a dinner party and did not drink. Oh, what a feeling!! Cop asked me if I had anything to drink....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I am overcome....talk about a higher power.....
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1482191 wrote: Went to a dinner party tonight...first time AF .... The wine was flowing but not into me. My friends live about 35 minutes away. Driving home there was a DWI checkpoint. The first time that has ever happened to me and the first time I ever went to a dinner party and did not drink. Oh, what a feeling!! Cop asked me if I had anything to drink....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I am overcome....talk about a higher power.....
                              What awesome reinforcement that you are doing THE RIGHT THING!

The reverse situation could have been so devastating for you.

CONGRATULATIONS, JENNIE!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

nonamegirl;1482066 wrote:

And Hippyman and Blossoms, I hope you are both starting to feel better. Treat yourself well, and don't try to do too much too soon.

So, I am on Day 22 today, and am enjoying finally feeling the depression lift a bit. QUITE a bit, to be honest. In fact, I would be willing to say that life is looking very very fine.:h
                                Thankyou so much I am feeling better. I am still struggling with physical stuff, but I am feeling better about dealing with it - so that's really good

I am so glad that you are feeling better
                                You have been such a wonderful help and support here You were the first person who answered me when I joined and from your kindness I knew I was somewhere safe and special

Comment

Working...
                                X