Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Vekara
    Sounds almost like me I was sneaking beers and drinking them during high school. I am glad you are making the decision to quit. Its not easy but there is great support on this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters

Hi Vekera and welcome to the nest and to MWO.

As No Sugar said the way to success is to make a commitment now to this process and, if MWO is to be your sole support, then to this place also.

Those people who read and post frequently tend to succeed......the constant repetition makes the brain absorb the message ' I don't drink'. And just like any fitness program you have to keep it up. If you stop drinking for a few weeks then wander off you will probably drink.

It took me four hours a night for 23 years to become an alcoholic......I think that a couple hours a day to recover is a small price to pay to get my life back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Vekara, and Welcome!

Welcome back to struggles, bobby, ican and fin!
        I agree with Bobby- "I am glad ALL of you are making the decision to quit. It's not easy but there is great support on this site."
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello!

I just posted my story on the board but wanted to check in here. It's day one for me and I hope the first of many days AF. My kids need me and I need to be the fun person I used to be. Not the one who only thinks about when I can start drinking wine. :-(

Looking forward to being a part of this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

struggles;1482770 wrote: Thank you all for the support. I have had a good cry and realize that I need to be there mentally, physically and alert. I can't believe how far I made it and just let my emotions and my brain talk me into it....and then by brain wouldn't let me go! I called my neighbor and my sister and told them I had been drinking again so I have the knowledge that they may call or pop in at anytime to "check" on me. I am reading all the posts and have been daily until last week when I started to drink again...that was my first mistake because even while drinking, there is always a post to help snap me out of it. This truly is an amazing site and making it a daily thing, like brushing our teeth is a very important point to make this work.
            Hey struggles, glad to see you are feeling a little better. Struggles it is so important not only to read but to post as well.
            Kuya will be along with her famous stats that show it soon, I hope. :sofa:KUYA, oh KUYA where art thou with the stats that show, reading + posting = success
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

JetCityWoman;1482882 wrote: Hello!

I just posted my story on the board but wanted to check in here. It's day one for me and I hope the first of many days AF. My kids need me and I need to be the fun person I used to be. Not the one who only thinks about when I can start drinking wine. :-(

:welcome: JetCityWoman.

What is it with women and their wine?? You have PLENTY of company here, let me tell you!!

The Nest is the best place to be for starting out. I would encourage you to read back a couple weeks (if you have some time!) and get to know us. Then post, and let us get to know you .

There is a link in my signature for the Toolbox, which is full of good ideas to help you get that jerk AL out of your life!

I'm glad you are here.

Love from a Former Wine Over-drinker, NoSugar

Comment

Newbies Nest

JetCityWoman;1482882 wrote: Hello!

Settle in JetCityWoman, :welcome: you have landed in an amazing place! I am sure Byrdlady will be along with Velcro so you can strap yourself in and stay a while. Try reading back a little so you can get to know us a little. Read often and post more often, come up with a plan and be 100% committed and protect your sobriety with all your might. you've got this and you've got us. Make yourself at home, you will never ever regret NOT drinking.
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nosugar....we are on at the same time. How are you?
                  ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1482894 wrote: Hey Nosugar....we are on at the same time. How are you?
                    I am doing well, thank you.

How are your moving plans going and when is the Big Day??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1482887 wrote: Hey struggles, glad to see you are feeling a little better. Struggles it is so important not only to read but to post as well.
                      Kuya will be along with her famous stats that show it soon, I hope. :sofa:KUYA, oh KUYA where art thou with the stats that show, reading + posting = success
                      Hi Oneredshoe and NS.....how are you gals today?

The stats are there to see for ourselves.....this is better than me telling folks........just find people who are sober for a little while click on their profile and you will see their average posts per day.

Compare with your own and basically people who post less than 1.5 times daily struggle to get and stay sober. There are very few exceptions.

I have had someone say they don't have time to do this but, for many of us, if we don't get sober soon we may not have any time at all !

This time is an investment, and while you are saving yourself you may be helping save others.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1482899 wrote: Hi Oneredshoe and NS.....how are you gals today?

The stats are there to see for ourselves.....this is better than me telling folks........just find people who are sober for a little while click on their profile and you will see their average posts per day.

Compare with your own and basically people who post less than 1.5 times daily struggle to get and stay sober. There are very few exceptions.

I have had someone say they don't have time to do this but, for many of us, if we don't get sober soon we may not have any time at all !

This time is an investment, and while you are saving yourself you may be helping save others.
                        Well ORS and I are BIG MOUTHS on here (or maybe I should only speak for myself :H) and we're hanging tough so far!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1482901 wrote: Well ORS and I are BIG MOUTHS on here (or maybe I should only speak for myself :H) and we're hanging tough so far!!!
                          Your words NS, not mine :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all the newbies Ivwas going to say that I'm a newbie too, but I have now racked up 25 days ... Thanks to coming here!

I'm off on a 3 day skiing trip to Hokkaido right now- they'll be some special triggers there.... But I am planning to be aware of them

Comment

Newbies Nest

WTG Blossoms.......one day at a time is the only way any of us do it

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Kuya is right, making an appearance, however brief every single day helps reinforce your decision.

Early on when I quit my lovely neighbour tried to help by saying I could have just a small drink at her house any time I wanted and nobody would know (she though I was doing this for the benefit of my partner). I had to make her understand that I would know and that was the important thing, quitting booze was my early Christmas present to me, achievable thanks to the support here.
                                AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X