Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for your encouragement. I read through the entire toolbox thread last night when I couldn't sleep. That was extremely helpful. I think I got to about page 15 of people's stories or the new people page. There is so much to relate to. One thread about how much time people used to devote to drinking, obtaining AL, hiding it, recovering from it was very poignant.

So far so good on day one and got past a few triggers already. This is going to be tough but I need to be around for a long time and continuing to drink doesn't match up with that goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Vekara and Jetcity! We are glad you found us. It sounds like both of your goals are to quit for good? You are in a great spot for that. Settle in and just jump right in. Keep your tummies full tonight and stay hydrated (with water!):H
      Remember, what you might be feeling is HALT...hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. Go to bed early, just do whatever it takes to make it thru this day! Welcome aboard!
      Fin, so glad to see you! Here's the butt Velcro!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1482977 wrote: Here's the butt Velcro!! Byrdie
        :H::H::H::H: Technially, I think it's vent velcro Miss B!

I had my interview today. I'm sure there are plenty of people who could have done better, but I did the best I could do. I told my husband about one of the Q&A bits and he said "You've got to learn to bullshit better, dude." Yes, my husband calls me dude. But I don't think an important job should be gotten on the amount you can bullshit. I tried to be honest and detail my abilities as I see them.

I won't find anything out until mid April. I'm not optimistic. But I think I know where they are going to put me and it's still a promotion, just not the job I wanted. We'll see.

I've been tapering down so I wasn't going through WD today during my interview. It went OK - But nervousness feels SOOOO much like WD shakes. I'm pretty sure I was just nervous though. Very strange dreams last night - WD plus anxiety leads to very weird dreams.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy. Just popping in to say hello.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1482896 wrote: I am doing well, thank you.

How are your moving plans going and when is the Big Day??
            Well......the hiring of a professional company to help me import Maggie came to a screeching halt, after they gave me a price quote of $5,085, that is not a typo. :shocked:, but I have done a lot of reading and think I may have a handle on this, the operative word here is "think", which I try not to do too much to often, hurts my healing brain. :H. Big day towards end of month, if airlines will still fly her, if not I am out.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1482899 wrote: Hi Oneredshoe and NS.....how are you gals today?

The stats are there to see for ourselves.....this is better than me telling folks........just find people who are sober for a little while click on their profile and you will see their average posts per day.

Compare with your own and basically people who post less than 1.5 times daily struggle to get and stay sober. There are very few exceptions.

I have had someone say they don't have time to do this but, for many of us, if we don't get sober soon we may not have any time at all !

This time is an investment, and while you are saving yourself you may be helping save others.
              Hi Kuya.......I knew you would be along with some form of the stats. :H. I am fantastic, how are you?
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1482901 wrote: Well ORS and I are BIG MOUTHS on here (or maybe I should only speak for myself :H) and we're hanging tough so far!!!
                We are big mouths here aren't we?! I LOVE IT, and it keeps me AF. 50 fabulous days today. :H:happy:
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad that is done, Siren-the-Dude :H!

Everything I have been honest about sure worked about better than what I BSed (alright, LIED) about (AL), so it sounds to me like you took the best approach to your promotion. I really hope you get the position you want.

Sounds like the tapering that you planned a few days ago also worked out well.

Now you can start getting ready for the Triathlon! GO SIREN!

Siren136;1482998 wrote: :H::H::H::H: Technially, I think it's vent velcro Miss B!

I had my interview today. I'm sure there are plenty of people who could have done better, but I did the best I could do. I told my husband about one of the Q&A bits and he said "You've got to learn to bullshit better, dude." Yes, my husband calls me dude. But I don't think an important job should be gotten on the amount you can bullshit. I tried to be honest and detail my abilities as I see them.

I won't find anything out until mid April. I'm not optimistic. But I think I know where they are going to put me and it's still a promotion, just not the job I wanted. We'll see.

I've been tapering down so I wasn't going through WD today during my interview. It went OK - But nervousness feels SOOOO much like WD shakes. I'm pretty sure I was just nervous though. Very strange dreams last night - WD plus anxiety leads to very weird dreams.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1482998 wrote: :H::H::H::H: Technially, I think it's vent velcro Miss B!

Well Siren I will be optimistic for you. . I think it is cute that your husband calls you "Dude" :H. Sending you strength and positive thoughts.
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Has anyone hear from Slay lately?
                      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

You get a lovely hat in 5 days......:goodjob:

Blossoms;1482907 wrote: Hi to all the newbies Ivwas going to say that I'm a newbie too, but I have now racked up 25 days ... Thanks to coming here!

I'm off on a 3 day skiing trip to Hokkaido right now- they'll be some special triggers there.... But I am planning to be aware of them
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1483042 wrote: We are big mouths here aren't we?! I LOVE IT, and it keeps me AF. 50 fabulous days today. :H:happy:
                          Hurrah for 50! And you have hardly complained about 'stuff' the whole time! Were you just really ready to DO IT? Some of my Big Mouth activity involved whining...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, this is a totally different direction. Did any one buy the pack with the 4 original cd's? Also, what are your thoughts on the starter pack? What does the Kudzo do? I am very new and want to make sure I have all the tools in my arsenal that will help me be successful. Last question, is anyone a subscriber and if so, what is the benefit?
                            drinkwater

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1483040 wrote: Well......the hiring of a professional company to help me import Maggie came to a screeching halt, after they gave me a price quote of $5,085, that is not a typo. :shocked:, but I have done a lot of reading and think I may have a handle on this, the operative word here is "think", which I try not to do too much to often, hurts my healing brain. :H. Big day towards end of month, if airlines will still fly her, if not I am out.
                              Somehow I missed this earlier -- that is a pretty amazing fee for making arrangements. Good luck figuring it out on your own! Sure is good you'll have all your wits about you !!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe ........that is crazy money. All you need are the requirements for import to the country of destination which you can get from their ministry website or by phone.
                                Your vet will be able to do any vaccines that are required and a govt appointed vet may be needed for an export certificate.

The airline will have standard instructions for crate size for export and will be able to point you towards a company that supplies.

It is not rocket science, just organisational

Comment

Working...
                                X