Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1483052 wrote: Hurrah for 50! And you have hardly complained about 'stuff' the whole time! Were you just really ready to DO IT? Some of my Big Mouth activity involved whining...
    Oh I did my fair share of complaining :H. I really was just ready to do it. I love my sober self my sober life. I love everything about being AF, I don't miss any aspect of it. I allowed alcohol to take up more than its fair share of space in my life for far too long, kicking it out for good was the best decision I ever made, along with adopting Maggie. :H
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

What country are you going to?

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1483060 wrote: Oneredshoe ........that is crazy money. All you need are the requirements for import to the country of destination which you can get from their ministry website or by phone.
        Your vet will be able to do any vaccines that are required and a govt appointed vet may be needed for an export certificate.

The airline will have standard instructions for crate size for export and will be able to point you towards a company that supplies.

It is not rocket science, just organisational
        Wasn't that price quote RIDICULOUS?! Oh I got on the phone this morning with the South African something or other, I think I have a handle on it. I have to call another office in SA tomorrow morning about other instructions. My hold up is the import permit......I will get it.
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1483062 wrote: What country are you going to?
          I have to land in South Africa and my final destination is Swaziland.....I have the instructions for the required paper work, but need the import permits and there was some confusion about the paper work for Swaziland
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know you probably have this but........

http://www.nda.agric.za/vetweb/Impor...04-05-2011.pdf

Have you arranged vaccines?

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1483067 wrote: I know you probably have this but........

http://www.nda.agric.za/vetweb/Impor...04-05-2011.pdf

Have you arranged vaccines?
              I have that...she goes on Wednesday
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks ORS for the welcome back.... Day 2 here. Struggles, I'm sorry you feel so bad and about your mom.... Hope you are hanging in AF today ... Night all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

drinkwater;1483053 wrote: Hello, this is a totally different direction. Did any one buy the pack with the 4 original cd's? Also, what are your thoughts on the starter pack? What does the Kudzo do? I am very new and want to make sure I have all the tools in my arsenal that will help me be successful. Last question, is anyone a subscriber and if so, what is the benefit?
                  Hi drinkwater,

I can't answer your questions, I am going to sleep, but hang on a bit and there will probably be someone here to answer.

Welcome to the nest, hang here, check out the tool box, read the previous posts, and I hope you can find rest here.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1483081 wrote: Thanks ORS for the welcome back.... Day 2 here. Struggles, I'm sorry you feel so bad and about your mom.... Hope you are hanging in AF today ... Night all!
                    You good to go now? Lets geter done......
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to say I'm not looking forward to this week at all. I went through my calendar and there isn't a single thing there which won't have alcohol served at the event.

My flatmate also gave me the strangest advice. She said to me that being AF might save me from the trouble I'm getting into in the short term, but eventually the issues I'm refusing to deal with will come out differently, e.g. I'll get depressed. This comment makes me sad and smile at the same time. I thought I was I depressed most of the week because of alcohol already? The logic of her statement is so twisted that I've decided to ignore it and focus on myself and people who support me fully.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vekara;1483105 wrote: I have to say I'm not looking forward to this week at all. I went through my calendar and there isn't a single thing there which won't have alcohol served at the event.

My flatmate also gave me the strangest advice. She said to me that being AF might save me from the trouble I'm getting into in the short term, but eventually the issues I'm refusing to deal with will come out differently, e.g. I'll get depressed. This comment makes me sad and smile at the same time. I thought I was I depressed most of the week because of alcohol already? The logic of her statement is so twisted that I've decided to ignore it and focus on myself and people who support me fully.
                        That's very wise. I wonder how you would have received that message if you had been hung over or drunk. It might have completely derailed you. But even with a short time AF you are starting to see things with more clarity. :goodjob:
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DRUNK DREAM ALERT
                          OMG, had a dream last night that I decided I wasn't alcoholic and that it would be ok to drink wine again. I couldn't have a more scarier dream right now. I have been having bad experiences with AA past couple of days so I guess that is what did it to me.

Don't let your mind trick you! AL is so sneaky...and very tenacious......for me, after the first couple of days, it is all just a mind game....I know longer physically craved AL but my mind was playing any dirty trick on me that it could think of.

Despite my resolve, I can tell I am weakening ever so slightly. I have to shore up the troops and be on guard. I need to post here more. I need to get more involved with people. I need to start PM'ing those who I have come to trust on this site. I need to work it better. I cannot, after 58 days, falter.....last time I made it to something like 80 days and I caved. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Vekara, welcome! Your room mate's opinion on the matter is not what I, or many others here have found to be true. Generally speaking, quitting drinking of a depressant will make you less depressed over time. In my experience, I couldn't believe how so many issues like anxiety, stress and minor depression went away when I quit. Gee, I thought those were the reasons I WAS drinking...We all still have life issues to deal with, but alcohol robs us of our ability to meet those challenges properly, which just adds to the stress and continues the terrible cycle. I promise you that you will never regret quitting!

Siren, sorry to hear about your stress at work!

Jenni, I just hate, hate hate those dreams too! Good for you to notice what's going on and staying close.

Welcome, Drinkwater!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh god! It's hard today I'm on a trip and my husband wants to drink - and drink often.

I know it's just habit that I am wanting to join in. I even ended up drinking a non alcoholic beer because my husband was drinking beer. I don't even like the taste of beer.
                              I brought along a couple of bottles of non alcoholic sparkling cider.... And I'vd cracked one open to stop myself wanting to join in drinking with him.... And I have chocolate
                              I can feel the cravings are very strong though I'm very tired of course...

I've just posted in the roll call so I can't give up now, and will not!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie!!! Our 'gang' is very small -- only a couple of us started near the same time and I haven't seen some of those people in awhile.

I ALWAYS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU AND NEED YOU TO BE HERE!!

You know you can do this -- in 2 days you will have 60 days!

Anytime you feel at all weak, Come Here!!:l

We gotta stick together, Pal!

xx - NS

jenniech;1483188 wrote:
                                DRUNK DREAM ALERT
                                OMG, had a dream last night that I decided I wasn't alcoholic and that it would be ok to drink wine again. I couldn't have a more scarier dream right now. I have been having bad experiences with AA past couple of days so I guess that is what did it to me.

Don't let your mind trick you! AL is so sneaky...and very tenacious......for me, after the first couple of days, it is all just a mind game....I know longer physically craved AL but my mind was playing any dirty trick on me that it could think of.

Despite my resolve, I can tell I am weakening ever so slightly. I have to shore up the troops and be on guard. I need to post here more. I need to get more involved with people. I need to start PM'ing those who I have come to trust on this site. I need to work it better. I cannot, after 58 days, falter.....last time I made it to something like 80 days and I caved. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X