Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Blossoms, it's just shit in a glass....don't romanticize it!!! It's the MOMENTS with your husband that matters, not what you are drinking. He doesn't care what you are drinking as long as he has you there...and drinking AL will take you away. Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what or no matter who. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!! I wrote the book on it, remember?? 'How to get stuck in shit and stay there" Available everywhere.... Guard your quit with your life....because that's what it's worth! You got this! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blossoms;1483206 wrote: Oh god! It's hard today I'm on a trip and my husband wants to drink - and drink often.

I know it's just habit that I am wanting to join in. I even ended up drinking a non alcoholic beer because my husband was drinking beer. I don't even like the taste of beer.
      I brought along a couple of bottles of non alcoholic sparkling cider.... And I'vd cracked one open to stop myself wanting to join in drinking with him.... And I have chocolate
      I can feel the cravings are very strong though I'm very tired of course...

I've just posted in the roll call so I can't give up now, and will not!!
      Blossoms, YOU CAN DO THIS!

You have sounded so wonderful over the last few weeks- AND YOU ARE ALMOST TO A MONTH!!!:goodjob:
      I wish that little smiley guy said FABULOUS, AWESOME, YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF THE AF WORLD JOB!!

You will be so proud of yourself when you get home from this ski trip and have not caved in. Fast forward to the opposite: YOU WILL BE MISERABLE AND SO ANGRY WITH YOURSELF!

You can learn from others here and don't have to learn on your own:
      Quits get harder, not easier.
      A craving lasts much less than a hangover.
      Your relationship with AL right NOW is the best it will ever be and it isn't good now.

Good for you drinking non-AL substitutes. Do whatever it takes, Blossoms, and come here whenever you can.

Think how much better you will ski when sober!!

STAY TOUGH! Love you, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Vekara - I'm new too and read your story last night. We can do this! There is so much great support here.

Blossoms - hang in there. A trip like that would be tough for me too but you are going to get through it.

I have to get up and get my older daughter ready for school. I've been reading the toolbox thread again for the past hour. I feel ready to take on day 2. I'm going to my gym for Zumba class and then picking up some fabric for a baby shower gift I'm working on. That shower is Saturday afternoon and I'm sure there will be AL punch and wine. I'll cross that day when it comes but I know I can get through by staying on here as much as possible. Thank goodness for access to this site on my phone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

drinkwater;1483053 wrote: Hello, this is a totally different direction. Did any one buy the pack with the 4 original cd's? Also, what are your thoughts on the starter pack? What does the Kudzo do? I am very new and want to make sure I have all the tools in my arsenal that will help me be successful. Last question, is anyone a subscriber and if so, what is the benefit?
          Hi Drinkwater and :welcome:

You are wise to begin equipping your arsenal with as many tools as you can find.

I am sorry, but I don't have any experience with the CDs. Many have used them, though and love them. I used the kudzu, but truthfully, I did not benefit from it, but I think there are others here who felt it helped them. I am not a subscriber either. BUT, on April 1st, I will have 6 months Alcohol Free and I owe it all to the folks right here on this site. Please settle in here and begin posting and reading. We would love to get to know you better. Does anyone have any advice for Drinkwater on the CDs, kudzu, or subscription

:h
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends :l Hope everyone is having an awesome, AL day!

One Red- MUST you go to Swaziland????!!!! I am sort of nervous about it all. Can't you just stay here with us??:l

Jennie- YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Your plan is good to post and p.m. Stick close, girl!!

Pinecone, I was just wondering about you last night. I am so glad to see you!!

Siren, I am sure you did great on your interview!

Hi Jet and Ve- glad to see you here. Yes, you can do this and we can help!

Blossom- SO proud of you

Hi N.S. , Byrdie and Kuya :l

Off to the salt mines!!! Keep up the great work, all!!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

drinkwater;1483053 wrote: Hello, this is a totally different direction. Did any one buy the pack with the 4 original cd's? Also, what are your thoughts on the starter pack? What does the Kudzo do? I am very new and want to make sure I have all the tools in my arsenal that will help me be successful. Last question, is anyone a subscriber and if so, what is the benefit?
              :welcome: Hey DRINKWATER,

Did your questions get answered?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in to the nest today. Yesterday didn't go too well for me. We found out our puppy who is 12 weeks old has a birth defect and we will more than likely have to put her down. So what did I do? Drown my sorrows in wine. I came to the realization this morning that there was no benefit to doing that. It only made thing worse. So I'm on day 1 again but determined to keep moving forward.
                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning DW:

I Had the whole kit and kaboodle when I started way back when. I did wonderfully well for months but then strayed from the site and the programs so....anyway. Back on track now.

I found the CDs initially helpful but the guys voice was grating...also the sleep one just kept me awake. The Supps and the Topa were big for me. I had that scheduled pinned to the bathroom mirror and I followed it religiously. I really came to enjoy it as I had a concrete action plan in place not just a wing and a prayer like before.

I'm like Star on the Kudzo...Metza Metza...but the L Glut for me is the Bomb. And I learned about that my second go around so want to recommend that highly...and go and get the powdered form of l Glut. Works way better than the capsule.

What else??? Just reading reading reading and trying to post as you can...supplements every day...topa if you have it and long walks, lots of lemons with water....lots of warm tea...this should be a good start for you....oh! And read RJ's book

Stay close :l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS- I have never done the subscription. I think I will eventually though...
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley;1483244 wrote: Checking in to the nest today. Yesterday didn't go too well for me. We found out our puppy who is 12 weeks old has a birth defect and we will more than likely have to put her down. So what did I do? Drown my sorrows in wine. I came to the realization this morning that there was no benefit to doing that. It only made thing worse. So I'm on day 1 again but determined to keep moving forward.
                      That was a hard lesson, Miley, and I am very sorry about your puppy. I am crazy about dogs, as are many people here, and I know how much you hurt.

But, as you found out, trying to drown the pain doesn't work, and makes us add so many negative emotions to the grief. So many of us have been using alcohol for years and years to avoid or diminish emotions. It is so good to experience ALL of them - even the bad ones - without alcohol dulling us. Those emotions are what make us human.

This can be your LAST day 1, Miley, and we are here to help you do that.

:l NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where do you get L- glut. I am on Day 16 and get pretty strong cravings. Would that help?

Comment

Newbies Nest

halfway content;1483249 wrote: Where do you get L- glut. I am on Day 16 and get pretty strong cravings. Would that help?
                          You can get it at most health food stores. I especially like the jar of powdered L-Glut that is available in the 'muscle man' section. :H

You can choose your own dose that way and just put it under your tongue. It is one of the few amino acids that tastes good straight so we are lucky about that! It also is non-toxic at fairly high doses (in the grams per day).
                          ADDED LATER: Do not use this supplement if you have compromised liver or kidney function or cancer.

Have a great day,1/2 Content!
                          You know, you sound 3/4 Content in your 311 gang thread!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, nosugar. I want to be AF so badly but thoughts of failure start creeping in....

Comment

Newbies Nest

One more question. Do you put the powder under your tongue or mix the powder with water? Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

halfway content;1483258 wrote: One more question. Do you put the powder under your tongue or mix the powder with water? Thanks.
                                Under the tongue works for me but I have heard others use the water. As I said, the taste is good so the tongue thing works fine. I hope you respond to it!! NS

Comment

Working...
                                X