Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Kuya, I will....I'll check in later tonight to let yall know I made it

Comment

Newbies Nest

We know you can do it Ican!! Star is already undoing her britches in preparation for you Mooning! It's just an hour to get thru, right? You can do that!! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1483453 wrote: Thanks, Kuya, I will....I'll check in later tonight to let yall know I made it
        Good, positive thinking there ICAN. Not "if" I make it but "when" I make it! Drink some iced tea or soda or sparkly water while you're cooking!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1483456 wrote: We know you can do it Ican!! Star is already undoing her britches in preparation for you Mooning! It's just an hour to get thru, right? You can do that!! B
          WOO HOO, I'm getting the popcorn.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys,

Hit day 30 today and it feels great but i've got a small problem that I've started a new job which is also great (yay!) and everything is going well so far but now they are trying to arrange for everyone to have a "drink" after work. I want to be social and go but I'm scared the old voice will creep in and say... well you've beaten this now so one won't hurt. Any advice be so helpful!

Congrats Lav!!! amazing!!

Deyum
            x

Comment

Newbies Nest

DONT DO IT!!! Fake being on meds that will make you deathly sick! Don't blow your quit, it takes forever to get back on track...a quick trip around the boards will tell you that. You've got your mind right NOW, you will be sick to your soul if you blow it!
              I will PM you my cell phone if it will help! Protect your quit like your life depends on it. They will get over it....you won't!! Tomorrow is DAY 31, kapeesh??? Let me know if you want my number.....and we can text or you can call....Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

checking back in....feeling better since this morning but stress at work has got me a bit squirrelly.....need to get some food in me.
                then i need to pack....going skiing for a few days with my family.....I can't wait!! It will just be the four of us in a condo so I think it will be ok craving wise but I will be posting here for strength!

Thank you all for your support!

I put L Glut in my smoothies....not sure if it does anything but it can't hurt!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dayum,
                  Go for drinks but order something non-alcoholic. It's SO not worth it, for them, for your job, for ANYTHING! You can still be social and have fun without the poison in a glass. I know you don't want tomorrow to be Day 1....

Jennie - Have fun with your family! Tonight my sister is having my whole family over for dessert, but I just lost 15.5 lbs and I'm not blowing it for a cupcake! It's the same principal, remember WHY you are doing this in the first place!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy cow K9! 15.5 lbs is awesome!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for ur support guys! Ur right, one drink to them is nothing whereas to me its back to day one!! no way...!!!

ty for the PM Byrdie it really helps :h:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dayum-maybe once you get your foot in the door you can suggest raquetball tourneys (or something similar) after work instead of the bar.

Please don't lose your quit over this. It is so small in comparison to what you have already accomplished. Stay tough!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW 15.5 pounds - I am impressed K9!
                          I want to lose weight too.....it will help to ski the next couple of days and NOT drink!!
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie - have fun skiing! I used to snowboard and haven't been in forever.

Dayum - stay strong! I was just noticing your 30 day mark earlier today and thinking that I am excited to get there. Hang on for day 31.

K9 - that is great about your weight loss. Sounds like you have made all sorts of great changes. GL on the smoking quit. I used to smoke and quit many years ago. It was pretty dang hard but you can do it for sure.

Today (day 2) is going well. I went to the fabric store and bought some fun fabrics to use for a gift. Bought some extra to make a little sundress for my 2 year old. It is turning out super cute. Had to dust off the sewing machine this afternoon. But it's great to renew a hobby that was left behind because of AL.

Getting through a trigger now. Husband got home early and went downstairs to sleep for a short while (which is fine, he was at work since 4:00am). Usually, I'd be in the kitchen drinking wine while he does that and the girls play. Instead I hopped on here to check in and read a moment to get past the craving. So far, so good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JCW - GREAT job coming here instead of pouring the wine! Little things like that will start to break the habit. Before you know it, you won't even think of the wine...I promise, it WILL happen...don't give up before it does! Again...good job!!

Thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss, it has taken a lot of pain and tears. LOL And tomorrow starts Day 1 of no smoking...again. *sigh* BUT, I promised my daughter I would NEVER give up trying to quit...and I won't...so here we go again!

Dayum - You can do this. Like you said, a drink (or two) to them is nothing, for you, it's the beginning of the spiral down again, and you don't want that...and WE don't want that for you. Show alcohol who's BOSS! Let us know how it went :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi JetCity:

Aren't our triggers funny? My husband's having a lie down as well right now and that same thought flipped through my head as well: A nice R&C would do me nicely..NOT!

I'm having Chilli instead

:l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X