Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Thinking, Bobby. You gotta take care of BOBBY right now. Plan something YOU want to do for Easter!! Look forward to it, accomplish it!! Just make sure there is no alcohol involved. You don't need it!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I defintatly do not want to go back to any alcohol. Another trigger is my ex's calls from her new guy friend. Now what I do is turn off my ringer at night and wait until the morning. It seems to work. I wish everyone a alcohol free holiday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my Lordy, did I see that Byrdie is now a subscriber with all the "perks"?? Get ready folks, this could be interesting. LOL

Kuya - My book is in at the Library (you know the one ) I plan on getting it today and reading it from cover to cover.

Bobby - A HUGE congratulations! You are doing great! Keep up the good work!!

A friend of mine at work went out drinking last night (until 1:30 this morning) and let's just say she's not feeling so well today. Boy do I remember those days and DO NOT miss them one bit! I didn't want to tell her how great I feel today! LOL
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Bobbyslife;1483829]Its like with the alcohol every little thing became fun./QUOTE]

Did you really write that? I remember your posts and it sure didn't sound like you were having fun. CONGRATS on your 8 days. Keep it up. If nothing else, rent some movies and tell everyone you are sick on Easter.

Someone talked about going to the library in the evening and being sober to actually do something after 4:30? I find it astounding how much time there is in the day when I'm not wasted 1 hour after getting off work.

My plan today? work, and the gym after that. Have a GREAT AF day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit yes I sure did right that as ridiciolous as it may sound.
            I remember this day the Thursday before Easter we all had gotten off a little late since it was the holidays we would get an extra day off So since I live in the South in SC all the liquor stores are separate from beer and wine, So they close at 7pm in my county. but beer and wine is 24 hours a day anyday. So I made it 5 minutes before they close and spent over $100 in liquor. just thinking about it makes me sick. Not this year!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby- take whatever money you calculate you have saved during the past 8 days of not drinking and reward yourself with something you like (not Alcohol- you don't like that anymore, remember!). I mean get a great meal, go see or rent a movie, buy yourself a new shirt or hat, pair of flip flops, whatever!!! You deserve it, Bobby! Happy Easter!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Starfish I was thinking about it soon as I mentally get better, I will treat myself to a great meal. just not olive garden there always asking me to sample wines for free lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definitely stay away from the Olive Garden, Bobby. I just trusted myself to go eat mexican a couple weeks ago, due to the association with margaritas. And it was still tough and I have been going at this for a few months now. Keep your guard up, Bobby! Do you have a Cracker Barrel where you live? They have good food and they don't serve alcohol.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes cracker barrell is a great treat. And to think I was spending around 60 dollars a week on liquor and I was buying the lower end stuff.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did not know that about Olive Garden. We are invited to dine there with another couple next week....It will be nice to know if they are into AL. I sure hope not. Maybe they will be testing us about AL. I will pass any test of that sort.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes last time I was there about 2 months ago, one of my favorite places they asked, but I remember every time I went in there Ive been asked the waiter or waitress comes with a bottle and fills it up about well sometimes you could get more if you were nice. free sample So I avoid Olive Garden.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Olive Garden also offers free wine to me, in the evening. I have not been asked that at lunch time.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby-I can't believe how great you sound!

Everyone take a lesson from that Olive Garden situation, those are the triggers we need to look out for and stay away from, just like eating Mexican food out, if Margarita's are a weak spot. Don't tempt yourself, don't even go there. Go to DQ instead, they have ice cream!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

It will be a while before I go to some of my favorite places to eat. Since most have bars in them and theres always someone next to me with a drink. I am not talking about bar food or pubs , I usually always drank at home. Its a shame that a lot of these places have bars in them, Even the family oriented ones, though alcohol sells.... What really is awful, most of my friends always recommend these places.. guess I will just eat at home... man a restaurant with a bar in it = huge trigger

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest!
                                How is everyone? I'm popping in quick to let you know I am still sober and doing great.
                                Anyone experience extreme thirst after quitting?
                                I am thirsty all the time and can't seem to quench it. I see my doc this week and will mention it to him. I wonder also if it could be the antabuse.
                                I will soon find out!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X