Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nursie I am on Day 8 and still experience extreme thirst, I am not sure how much you were drinking but for me it was always a bottle of , atleast a fifth and more everyday of hard liquor. The mornings were the worst . I always had some Gatorade on hand. The Gatorade seems to work well or what they recommended on here, water with lemon juice in it. that worked well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Bobby.....you are doing so well and it is like hearing a different man!

Alcohol strips us of our self respect, but quit it for a few days and the real you starts to shine through.

Nursie......have you checked your blood glucose? ( I feel a bit like I am teaching grandma to suck eggs but WTH....can't hurt )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya I am trying to be that different man. Not that person who was drunk from morning till night... This site and reading all these posts have helped me very much. I hope everyone an AF Thursday, The Holiday is creeping up and its making me nervous. I hope I don't just feel bad for my family and go, There will be soo much liquor there...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Even if you weren't trying to be AF I would not recommend eating at the olive garden
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love Olive Garden. I normally just move the wine glasses off to the side and the waitperson usually gets the hint. You CAN work around alcohol since it is everywhere...just be proactive. Remove the option. I've even gone so far as to put the wineglasses on another table. When the poison-pusher, I mean waitperson, comes along with the wine I just say "No thanks" real quick and then ask what the special is. Change the subject and move on. If ALL of that doesn't work, you can always trip the bitch/bastard. LOL j/k
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Idea K9LOVER. I'll just move the glass aside. THANKS!!!!!

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Or turn it upside down. If the server doesn't get THAT hint...you're probably gonna get bad service (not the sharpest tool in the shed). LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, lol telling grandma how to suck eggs. That's what has been on my mind (blood sugar, not eggs) lol
                    It's like I'm dying of thirst all the time. I even dream about not being able to drink enough.

K9 remember when we used to talk about the Olive Garden Pushers! Lol we used to come up with some funny stuff. Like "why no thank you sir, I am actually a raging alcoholic so you best back away from the table" lol
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1484244 wrote: Or turn it upside down. If the server doesn't get THAT hint...you're probably gonna get bad service (not the sharpest tool in the shed). LOL
                      Back in the day when people could still smoke in restaurants one was asked at the door 'smoking or non-smoking' for seating preference. I could never resist asking for 'very heavy smoking, please ! '

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie;1484271 wrote: Kuya, lol telling grandma how to suck eggs. That's what has been on my mind (blood sugar, not eggs) lol
                        It's like I'm dying of thirst all the time. I even dream about not being able to drink enough.

K9 remember when we used to talk about the Olive Garden Pushers! Lol we used to come up with some funny stuff. Like "why no thank you sir, I am actually a raging alcoholic so you best back away from the table" lol
                        Now if you were a dog Nursie I would have you sorted in minutes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and Bobby, great job this week buddy! I'm trying the Gatorade and the water with lemon but I think I'm going to float away!!!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Nursie...I remember well!! We had a whole "Bitch At the Olive Garden" theme going!!! HEHEHE

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1484284 wrote: Yes Nursie...I remember well!! We had a whole "Bitch At the Olive Garden" theme going!!! HEHEHE

:H:H:H

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

A few times not knowing, I walked into some supermarkets and they would have free wine tasting. I still see them from time to time, just have to be strong and walk right past that.

Comment

Working...
                                X