Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

OH WOW JENNI.
    You did a good job. Sorry hubs felt badly. Is he OK now?

Ya, dreams, I had some of AL and then woke to be happy AL was gone.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ya BOBBYS,
      Not going sounds good to me.

One of my triggars is visiting the inlaws ---and they don't know AL.

Go figure THAT one out. LOL

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

BLOSSOMS
        Glad you are home.:band2:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Jenniech - great job last night and with the whole vacation. Yay for 60 days!!! Hope your hubby is feeling better.

Blossom - kudos to you too on getting through vacation as well. Celebration on here tomorrow for 30, right?

Bobby - yay for 9 days! I'm so glad you got some good sleep. I feel like I'm finally sleeping like never before. It's on my list of reasons to keep being AF.

Last straw - thank goodness my in-laws live in NJ. MIL is nice but FIL is horrible (cranky, know-it-all, better than thou, etc). I do remember stocking up on wine to hide in the laundry room while they visited the last time. Ugh.

Another good day yesterday. I took the girls out in their PJs around 7:00 to get ice cream. It helps to think of fun little outings for us to do during the evenings when my husband is on late shift. Honestly, once I get past the "happy hour" time from about 4:00 to 6:00, I'm pretty good. That urge that shows up around 3:30 that tells me to go buy some wine is strong but if I get through that, generally the urges get less and less and then disappear completely by 7:00ish.

Day 5 today. I'm ready! I can't tell everyone enough how much this site helps. Used Jenniech's mantra again yesterday when I had the urge come on to go buy wine. "I just don't anymore". Thanks again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1484594 wrote: Good Morning laststraw

those are good ones its just ive never missed this holiday before. but everytime I would be drinking as well as everyone else including my ex. oh well I just can not go this year..
            Absolutely!!! Do what's right for *you*.

How about "I just can't go this year" - it's the truth.... And hopefully they can see that and understand.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JetCityWoman;1484603 wrote: Good morning all!

Jenniech - great job last night and with the whole vacation. Yay for 60 days!!! Hope your hubby is feeling better.

Blossom - kudos to you too on getting through vacation as well. Celebration on here tomorrow for 30, right?

Bobby - yay for 9 days! I'm so glad you got some good sleep. I feel like I'm finally sleeping like never before. It's on my list of reasons to keep being AF.

Last straw - thank goodness my in-laws live in NJ. MIL is nice but FIL is horrible (cranky, know-it-all, better than thou, etc). I do remember stocking up on wine to hide in the laundry room while they visited the last time. Ugh.

Another good day yesterday. I took the girls out in their PJs around 7:00 to get ice cream. It helps to think of fun little outings for us to do during the evenings when my husband is on late shift. Honestly, once I get past the "happy hour" time from about 4:00 to 6:00, I'm pretty good. That urge that shows up around 3:30 that tells me to go buy some wine is strong but if I get through that, generally the urges get less and less and then disappear completely by 7:00ish.

Day 5 today. I'm ready! I can't tell everyone enough how much this site helps. Used Jenniech's mantra again yesterday when I had the urge come on to go buy wine. "I just don't anymore". Thanks again!
              The simple habit of when we used to drink, or prepare to drink is all we have to break. It is NOT cravings......just habit, yet it can be so intense that it becomes physical.

Well done you on five days.....it soon becomes habit. I never think about drinking now, even on the shittiest and low days. You are going to be enjoying your children so much more.

My daughter is 13 and we have just been singing and dancing to old videos, then sitting on my bed talking nonsense........this would never have happened before, I would have been asleep drunk two hours ago, probably having argued with her over nothing .......never again

Comment

Newbies Nest

JET - inlaws live in town, can't hide AL not to mention hiding myself.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1484607 wrote: The simple habit of when we used to drink, or prepare to drink is all we have to break. It is NOT cravings......just habit, yet it can be so intense that it becomes physical.

Well done you on five days.....it soon becomes habit. I never think about drinking now, even on the shittiest and low days. You are going to be enjoying your children so much more.

My daughter is 13 and we have just been singing and dancing to old videos, then sitting on my bed talking nonsense........this would never have happened before, I would have been asleep drunk two hours ago, probably having argued with her over nothing .......never again
                  Thanks Kuya and that's exactly it - the preparing to drink is the huge hurdle for me. That time when I used to get physically excited because it was almost time to start drinking. That's the part that screws with me the most now. But it seems to be less each day (even though I know there will be tougher days too).

Makes me smile to read your interactions with your daughter right now. I remember always thinking that my drinking wasn't affecting my kids much because I still played with them, helped with homework, made good dinners, ate with them, played board games, read books, and built forts, all during my drinking hours. What a lie to tell myself. Now I realize that maybe I was physically there but my mind was solidly on the drink. How unfair to them.

Makes me sad just to write that out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday nesters! It feels so good to be alive and to be sober. I have lots of Living History events coming up. Spring is in the air and love is all around us. This spring will be my first one in many years with OUT alcohol. Thank GOD I got that monkey off my back! :confusedmonkey:. I found my way to get and stay sober and so can you. This time 4 sure! :l
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY JET,

Your post warms my heart.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello folks and welcome new nesters!

Jenni - I had that same struggle when we were on a family road trip about a month ago, except that it was wine left on the table by my husband. He rarely drinks, so when he does its expensive; a high priced glass of wine just sitting there half-way full and OMG did that mess with me when he left! Yet it's so illogical when you unpack it, because not only did I want the wine out of craving and habit, but my mind kept going to how "wasteful" it is -- like when your mom would say, "clean your plate because there are starving children in the world", except flipped to "there are sober adults in the world who really need a buzz so you need to drink that, damn it!"

Bobby - great job! Now that you've started sleeping, you'll sleep like the dead for about a month. Best excuse in the world is, "I've been really sick and need to stay home and take it easy," because it's not a lie. You've been diseased and need a lot of time to recover.

Jet: I totally relate to Kuya's post too - I think you have small kids, right? Mine are older teens now, but they still love attention from their mom. I've missed out on a ton of their lives over recent years, although not sure they know it yet. If your kids are younger, you have an amazing opportunity, and way to go for doing this now! I'm not going to tell you to try not to dwell on the guilt or regret because that's impossible. But as you get further down the road and make new sober memories with your kids, those good times begin to displace the hollowness in your brain where all those other lost memories should have been. And the beauty of childhood is that kids live in the hear-and-now, so eventhough we might be hung up on regrets from the past, they are focused on enjoying everything happening right now today! You're doing GREAT!

Happy Friday to all!

Elliesmom
                        Elliesmom

-------------------------------

For supplement dosage/schedule go to:
                        http://www.mywayout.org/supps/update.pdf

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey hey!

Just a quick post to thank you for your support this week. I've had a few demons in my head telling me it was "ok to have one" as I had a new job and they were talking about going out for a drink after work but lucky for me I posted on here and got some great advice so

:thanks:

Dayum :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very excited

Hi everyone - this post moves so fast with so many newbies it's hard to keep up!!

Finally - got Ant abuse and am nervously waiting to take my first tablet - and feel very hopeful that this is the 'cure' I've been waiting for.

I so admire everyone who has used pure willpower to get so much AF time under their belt. I'm hoping that now willpower is out of the equation for me, I might finally be able to join you all on your journey. :fingers:
                            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ya BOBBYS, sleep

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone miss you guys, been crazy busy, spending lots of time with my family, feels great!
                                Lots of new faces and it's wonderful to see the old ones ( not that anyone is old haha)
                                This thread moves fast. Work is great making great progress, wife and I are doing joint therapy on fixing our marriage, kids really coming around. Going to Disney world and the beach in a month. Thanks again my friends I appreciate y'all! j

Comment

Working...
                                X