X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

POSTER BOY FOR MWO

That is what YOU are, jIMMYDAMA! Thanks for sharing your joy with us! :l

jIMMYDAMA;1484675 wrote: Hey everyone miss you guys, been crazy busy, spending lots of time with my family, feels great!
    Lots of new faces and it's wonderful to see the old ones ( not that anyone is old haha)
    This thread moves fast. Work is great making great progress, wife and I are doing joint therapy on fixing our marriage, kids really coming around. Going to Disney world and the beach in a month. Thanks again my friends I appreciate y'all! j

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning.

Bobby-fake the flu, rent movies, sleep, eat, turn off the phone, enjoy yourself!

By the way, I have slept all night since day 1 and still doing it. As someone else said, I have a lot of catching up to do and I'm loving it!

Dayum-so good to hear from you.

Todays agenda: work out, work, home, sleep like a log.

Have a great AF day & weekend everyone.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow great ideas, I can finally watch a movie and sit quiet. I remember when I was drinking I would always pass out, then wake up and drink some more. I cannot believe how much blood pressure goes down, atleast for me it did when I stopped the drinking. I was always red in the face and had to get one of those monitors. I have a check up coming maybe one less med my doc will take me off of.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY NESTERS!:yougo::yougo:

Bobby - Yes, it's sad that you're TOO SICK to go this weekend (get the hint? LOL) I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon though! :H

Kuya - I was so happy to hear of your evening with your daughter. Mine is 15 and we spend a lot of quality time together now. I am so happy when I can be there for her. I got that book and I have it here at work...I'll sneak in a few chapters here and there! LOL

Snap - I'm glad you got the Antabuse...remember, it's not a "crutch", it's a TOOL that you are using to get sober. There's no shame in that!

I hope y'all have a great Friday and a nice sober weekend. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you drank the night before!!

xoxoxoxo
          K9

oh p.s., this morning at 12:30am I got a drunk text...it literally said "I'm Drunk! What are you doing?"....um....sleeping like most normal people should be doing? LOL I didn't even bother to reply, I was just happy I was not the SENDER of the text (as I have been MANY times before!)
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes I get the hint LOL you know what really sucks about living here is walking by the liquor cabinet...ughh

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad its locked though

Comment

Newbies Nest

That must be hard Bobby. I can't have it around me at home. I'm fine at a restaurant or at someone else's house, but I was always an alone drinker anyway. Who's liquor is it? A roommates?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Its familys but they know I have a alcohol problem so they probably took it all out.... I was mostly alone drinker too...which Is good they took it out, I wouldn't touch their stuff ya know...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon;1484651 wrote: Hi everyone - this post moves so fast with so many newbies it's hard to keep up!!

Finally - got Ant abuse and am nervously waiting to take my first tablet - and feel very hopeful that this is the 'cure' I've been waiting for.

I so admire everyone who has used pure willpower to get so much AF time under their belt. I'm hoping that now willpower is out of the equation for me, I might finally be able to join you all on your journey. :fingers:
                    Antabuse is a great safety net to make sure you can't drink. It can help you get some sober time under your belt and then time to figure out a new life plan. A plan that doesn't include alcohol. :l
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

When I asked my doctor about Antabuse, he did not want to hear it. He never wanted to prescribe it even though I told him about my past drinking habits.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1484773 wrote: When I asked my doctor about Antabuse, he did not want to hear it. He never wanted to prescribe it even though I told him about my past drinking habits.
                        Then find another doctor.
                        A doctor is not the boss of you...YOU are the boss of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back....need velcro for my butt....
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1484773 wrote: When I asked my doctor about Antabuse, he did not want to hear it. He never wanted to prescribe it even though I told him about my past drinking habits.
                            It's sad that we end up having to get RX's from on line because the many in the medical profession just don't seem to know how to treat alcoholism. River Pharmacy is a sponsor to this site and they sell the meds we need. I have used them and had no problems.
                            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hoppy Easter Friday, Nesters!! K9 so good to see you and the 'Girls' here on a Friday!
                              Back from my business overnighter...a night in a hotel used to mean an AL Free for All...some nights I'd look in the mirror just disgusted with my drunk self. Last night I enjoyed my solitude, took a long hot bath, and went to bed early!

Remember to Plan for success and not just Hope for it...
                              Everyone is doing so well! Great to see all the new faces and some returning ones!
                              Snapdragon, I'm excited FOR you! Your new AF life awaits!
                              MS...hop on up...here is the Butt Velcro!!
                              Hey Dottie Belle!!!!
                              Eiti, Vekara, Bobbyslife.....doing GREAT!!!
                              Persephone, so good to see you and all the success you are enjoying! jIMMYDAMA, showing us all just how it's done!

Have a sober Friday....it's just another day!! (with finger pointing to the heavens). XO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did try to find another doctor, the other doctor never even heard of it. I looked at the online pharmacies and they want that script.

Comment

Working...
                                X