Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Keep trying. Print up some information about it and take it to the Doctor. If that's what you want to use, then don't give up!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good idea, I have to do that to my doctor print out all the info I can, good idea so he will be very informed about it. I wonder if insurance covers it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I better just check the med section on here, theres plenty of info on there haven't read everything there yet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My insurance covers it. But even if yours doesn't...add up what you were spending on alcohol and see which is more.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 you have a great point. I go back to work on Monday and I work in a Steel Plant, Ive been there since 17, I am afraid of going back on Monday since Ive been there mostly everyone on my shift will stay and drink at work for hours.... Ughhh I know I'm just going to have someone ask me "you want a beer"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbys...tell them you have a bleeding ulcer...if you go with the health issue excuse, you get less pushback...when you say something like you are trying to live healthier, or lose weight, they'll say...'Oh come on, ONE'S not gonna hurt ya!!' That makes it harder....at least that what I found. (apparently, they don't know us...one is gonna kill us!!) You are doing great!! Stick close! You'll be getting your hat in NO TIME!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah...or say you have a mysterious intestinal issue going on and it's probably highly contagious!

Or...just tell them you have stuff to do at home.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie and K9 good stuff.
                  I been there since I was 17 I am 35 now, Ive been drinking at work since I was there not much until I was really 21.... never stayed for hours. I wish the company would not let them use the break room as a drinking hangout. 90 percent of the guys on my shift drink. Some wait there and drink until the other shift is over too drink with some of the other shift. I wish companies would not let workers do this.... It would be easier than making up excuses, but I gotta do what I gotta do to remain sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My old company used to have "Fermintation Seminars" every Friday night. All the free beer and wine you could drink. The DUI's got so bad that the company started providing free taxi vouchers...2 of them, one to get you home and one to get back to your car the next day. Wow...wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just cut off the flow of free alcohol? Needless to say, I got 2 DUI's leaving those things (yes, this was pre-voucher days!) You can bet the company didn't pay my $30,000 in fines!!! Then again...it's not their fault I drank myself to oblivion.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 it does really suck.... Its Friday Night and by this time I would be blasted, Those urges call bad, espescially if one of my favorite shows comes on and I use to know I was drinking then. I wonder if that happens to anyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

my insurance doesn't cover antabuse. I pay out of pocket. It's worth it to me. But I'm looking into maybe getting a prior authorization, or medical necessity. Maybe then it will cover....
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, Just popping in. Haven't been in for a little while as I'm busy studying.Hope all are well.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby - I couldn't rent a movie for a long time (unless it was a kids movie that I watched with my daughter) because I just could not FATHOM watching a movie without drinking. Now I can though, and I actually remember the ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1485050 wrote: Bobby - I couldn't rent a movie for a long time (unless it was a kids movie that I watched with my daughter) because I just could not FATHOM watching a movie without drinking. Now I can though, and I actually remember the ending.
                              hmmm, maybe this is why I channel hop so much lately! :H

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom
                                YES!!! My mother never let us leave anything unfinished!! So there was that playing with me as well.

Safe at home finally!!! Looking forward to a good night sleep....
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X