Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Thelaststraw, I am looking forward to keeping myself 'grounded' in this site. Who better to advise than those who have gone before you!?

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:
      RUNNING AUSSIE

Check out the tool box, read back over the past couple of weeks on the nest, and post your own thoughts. It's neat that people are in and out of here alot.

It's a bit slow for the Holiday right now, but hang with us a bit and have fun getting to know everybody.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes RUNNING AUSSIE,

You are welcome, So many people who have been through what we are facing. And guess what? They have come out of the other side well and happy.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Running Aussie, I'm so glad you found us. You have landed in a great spot if you are serious about finally getting this monkey off your back!! It is ironic, when I flew in a few years ago, I was scared to death to think of living the rest of my life without this crutch...I should have been more worried about NOT doing it! The fear of quitting is 1000 times worse than actually doing it! If you can go 24 hours without a drink, then just rinse and repeat! That's the way we do it around here.... I believe it so much I put it in my byline below....all you gotta do, is get thru this day!!! We are so glad you're here with us. Feel free to ask us anything...there's nothing we haven't seen/heard/done. Welcome aboard! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters

Wow its almost Monday, I go back to work tomorrow...soon as my shift is over there will be alcohol everywhere..so dang nervous about this and people asking where ive been and if I want a beer. I hope everyone had a great Easter if you celebrate it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fake an illness, Bobbys....you can do it....Protect your quit with your life! You got this!!! Tomorrow morning we will look forward to reading your post!!! We believe in you!!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesties,
                We had a nice Easter with my side of the family. I thought about my brother all day. I went from being extremely sad to smiling at some of the stories we reminisced. I'm still so damn melancholy and unwhole, but I am sober. I am working through my grief with all of my faculties.
                I hope you all had a great sober Sunday everyone. Like Byrdie says, all we gotta do is get through this day!
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Nursie, the firsts are the worst when you're on the grief rollercoaster. You never get over losing somebody but you do get used to it.
                  AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It's almost 5 PM now which us when I would normally pour my first drink. I have worked out today and drank sparkling mineral water with lemon. I just ate a cough drop so I won't crave the taste of wine. Going to stay strong and carry on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to everyone in the Nest! I have been around the Nest for a while but I have not been able to commit to 30 days AF until now. I think I had previously jumped into this too fast and didn't really organize my thoughts or make a good plan. Well... after taking some time to really think about things and look at where my life is at the moment, I believe that I'm finally ready to take the plunge. Both my body and my spirit need the 30 days AF for good reasons:

>It affects my family - my husband and my parents are constantly worried about me. And my husband is getting fed up with my drinking. I don't blame him.
                      >It affects my work - I've been suffering from depression for a while so I know that part of my "lack of focus" comes from the depression, but I'm sure the AL doesn't help. I want to do well in my career and working with constant craving and a hangover doesn't help.
                      >It affects my body - I'm only 33 but I'm sure that my heavy drinking the past five years have taken a toll on my health. I need to get a handle on this now before it becomes a serious problem. Plus, I'm usually a very sporty person but when I drink I don't crave sports like I used to. And another plus... when I drink I eat horribly! I used to eat very cleanly so I want to get back to that!
                      >It affects my spirit - my depression just has a field day when I drink. I know that drinking isn't my only problem but I'm sure it's not helping. AL is a depressant after all. Time away from AL or going completely AL free can surly help me work through my depression.

So, after a lot of thinking an analyzing I am finally ready to be accountable. Back again to day one for me with lots of positive happy thoughts. I'm making myself smile as I write this right now and a smile really does make you feel better! I'm so happy that I have this community to come to for support!

I know that beginning this journey takes strength so I've been looking at some quotes about strength this morning. This particular quote stood out to me so I want to share this with you:

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." ~Khalil Gibran

Be strong Nest! We can do this together! :l
                      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Watching the sun rise & the fog burn off with a clear head ~ kinda nice

Glad to see you are ready to commit MS. Be suer to put a good plan together for yourself & stay close to the nest.

Wishing everyone a great Monday & AF April Fools day

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MS
                          You copied my story to a T.
                          We are one in the same. You can do this!!
                          When I read my posts from last summer, I sounded JUST LIKE YOU. I managed to get 30+ days back then and now I am trying to get 90+ days.....
                          I am quite a bit older than you - you are so lucky to have recognized this problem so young....you will have many wonderful sober years to come!!!
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anyone have a case of the Mondays? Some ponders...

hope everyone had a nice weekend & Easter.

ELLIESMOM... thank you SO much for your advice... supplements were actually a HUGE question i had. I have already been taking several vitamins. This makes me feel a lot better & I'm getting all the supplements you mentioned.. thank you so much...

As for me, yesterday i drank less than half a 1.5 bottle of wine, as opposed to an entire 1. I haven't drank that little in a long time to be honest.

It is actually weird, when i went on a "vodka binge" .. particularly after my breakup (no excuse)... i felt AWFUL the following days, i literally felt like i was going to die, which made me worry so much. my heart was racing & i just felt near death. I am so used to wine & i swear i could drink an entire bottle & not get a hang over (which also scares me).. ever since i cut down just a TAD but still drinking way to much honestly.... i feel completely fine (no withdraw symptoms) which makes me feel like i'll be ok.... anyone ever experience this kinda stuff?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have experienced that Lamb.....Drank bottle of wine and woke up the next day with no "hangover". HOWEVER, what I thought was no hangover really was just that. Maybe I did not have a headache, maybe I made it to the gym and worked out before a full day of work. BUT, now that I have a few days of sobriety under my belt, I see that I was really really hungover. It is just that my body adjusted to the booze. It must have been working so hard!!! I was still foggy, not sharp, tired all the time and downright depressed.
                              So, I used to think I was OK and that I could handle the bottle of wine a night and I did handle it for over a year....but it did start to catch up to me and I feel so so so so so much better now that I don't drink....
                              Just my experience...I fooled myself into thinking I was not hungover but I was, no question about it.
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have reason to celebrate today!!! I have been sober for TWO COMPLETE MONTHS!!! Both February and March!!!
                                It is fun to count the days because they do sneak up on you (they really do after a while even though it goes torturously slow at first) but it is also fun to look at huge chunk months!!!
                                Just an excuse to be happy and proud of myself
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X