Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1486307 wrote: Hello Nest
    Was a tuff day today going back to work, Ive been out for so long. I knew someone would ask if I was staying after shift. I said no "ive been sick" I just remember the days staying there and about 8 of us would drink, then some would just stay and go buy more,everyday. Looking back I cant believe I did that sometimes too and the money I spent. I went in with no hangover, everyone else was complaining of theirs. feels good with no hangovers every morning.
    Bobby! Good for you!....you did such a brave thing....you ain't sick....not no more....you're gettng well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Maggiepie! Gosh, we just ran a poll on binge eating and other disorders as they related to AL and there really IS a correlation.
      We are glad you're here....can you tell us about your self? Feel free to read back a couple weeks and get to know us...then just jump in. We've seen/heard/done it all! So glad you found us....also be sure to check out the Tool Box in the link below....there are tons of tips and coping skills in there to help you. Snuggle in...we don't bite! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's fantastic BOBBY. Hindsight can be so clear while sober, huh?

JENNI - 2 months, Wowie Zowie!

RUNNING AUZZIE - it's good to hear you are going for the "gold"en life of AF. Yep it can feel like you have the flu while your body adjusts to no AL (the creep). Hang in there and in a bit you'll notice a huge difference.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

byrdlady: thank you so much for the two hats!! That was so thoughtful of you and everyone else to praise my accomplishment....so many newbies in the nest....I am loving it!! Welcome one and all!
          :welcome:
          Bobbyslife: I can't believe how good you sound! You are like a different person! Keep going and relish those mornings when everyone else is hungover and you are not! Think back to those mornings when a craving hits....my sober reference points are LIFE savers for me.

The longer you stay sober, the easier it is since you have many more sober references to look to when weak. And I have to agree with Pinecone.....the constant battle within myself when drinking was simply wearing me out....making me want to drink more.....a vicious cycle that was only spiraling downward. Now, being AF, I am in a glorious cycle that is only spiraling UPWARD and it is such an awesome feeling.

I have had many accomplishments in life but aside from giving birth to my two wonderful sons, this tops them all.....no way am I going to ruin it
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

CONGRATS Jennie! Keep your quit no matter what & you will never be sorry

Still awaiting some real Spring weather ~ chilly!!
            Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all
              I've been reading and not posting much these last few days... But I am pleased to see how well everyone is doing

I'm having a tough day today... It's my wedding anniversary and all those things I have been struggling with came to the fore. I had really strong cravings to drink... But I knew it was my emotions talking.... And have managed to eat, treat myself and get over them.
              I think it will be an early night though

Comment

Newbies Nest

Buenos dias

Good morning everyone... I've been catching up on a lot of people's posts & just reading really is refreshing.. I'm still getting used to this whole thread/ community thing. it is really great & inspiring..

byrdlady- thanks for your input & words of wisdom. I will continue to try & post & i can see why success rate is higher for those who do. I get so super depressed (kinda just started tapering, going through hard life times,work, etc) & can't let that stop me from reaching out

Jenni- what you mentioned about hangovers makes total sense... I can't wait to feel better that's all i know. I've been hungover for 3 years!!! Great job on your sobriety! :goodjob:

friedabee- i can TOTALLY relate to your experiences as well... drinking alone is all i really do, what i prefer, hands down. it is almost like now, (where i've reached the point of no return with this drinking thing), going out is a hassle & also the obvious factor that i'm sure we all experienced, don't need others judging us about how much we drink/ don't want to worry about it. AND YES, the whole family thing... i've hurt them enough in the past & i feel "safer" being alone & not feeling as bad or something? hard to explain, although i never do feel good or safe at the rate i've been going

thanks everyone, will check back here in the afternoon have a good day

Comment

Newbies Nest

difficult day today back and work tomorrow so i decided to head to the beach to enjoy the spring weather but i started to cry on the train and couldn't stop for the hour long journey. I didn't even aknow, and still don't know, why i was crying. So i decided to go into the city and i found an aa meeting. I tried aa about a year ago but i don't like the higher power focus or being powerless...but it has helped me to stay alcohol free today.
                  'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                  Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                  2nd goal: 30 days
                  3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a question. Has anyone had any experience with SAM-e?

I read online about it, read some people's reactions, get the coated stuff, etc...but I'm wonder what you fine folks say about it.

I feel depressed sometimes and feel like I need an Evener-outer emotionally ( yes I make up words ). When I suggested it to hubby yesterday and told him it's supposed to help even out my moods he says, "Oh yes. Let's go get it". Hmmm, am I moody? do ya think?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

prettytulip;1486562 wrote: difficult day today back and work tomorrow so i decided to head to the beach to enjoy the spring weather but i started to cry on the train and couldn't stop for the hour long journey. I didn't even aknow, and still don't know, why i was crying. So i decided to go into the city and i found an aa meeting. I tried aa about a year ago but i don't like the higher power focus or being powerless...but it has helped me to stay alcohol free today.
                      Prettytulip, ya the crying. I had that, too. It seem to come from nowhere really. But it does subside after a bit.

I'm glad aa helped you. I believe in the One who has a plan for us, but I don't think I could do aa for various reasons. No one knows about my struggle except for you wonderful folks. I couldn't ever do this in a meeting situation.

Hang in there. :rays:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest
                        Home today, I have a doc apt, truly I want to see what he says. Hopefully it will be a different type of med the one I am on I gave it the 3 weeks to let it start noticing anything but so far still feel the same.
                        Yes everyone thanks for your support I am on day 13 AF and It feels great waking up with no hangovers, man I do not miss those nasty headaches. Now just have to deal with the side effects of the meds they prescribe to me. Wishing everyone a great Tuesday AF of course !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm in utter despair right now.
                          Things have been tough today. My wedding anniversary and a really bad day with my husband. I had pretty bad cravings, but got through them.

I tried to talk to my husband tonight about my feelings and about my struggles and fears and my worries about our relationship.... To really communicate. Well that was a really bad idea... He just ended up getting angry at me for going on about drinking and is now ignoring me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH wow, Blossoms. What time is it there? Can you just go to bed? Tomorrow is another day- we say around here, "you won't have 2 bad days in a row"...Great job on coming to the nest rather than the bottle. Stay strong, Blossom and stick close. Nothing is worth drinking again.
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1486609 wrote: OH wow, Blossoms. What time is it there? Can you just go to bed? Tomorrow is another day- we say around here, "you won't have 2 bad days in a row"...Great job on coming to the nest rather than the bottle. Stay strong, Blossom and stick close. Nothing is worth drinking again.
                              I am in bed. That's where the conversation took place. I just wish we had a spare room I could go to now ( dragging the futons out to the living room is too hard).

I'm just feeling that it is a choice between not drinking and having a good (well okay) relationship with my husband.

I originally was planning to moderate after 30 days. I don't know if I can or not or if it is better to stay AF ..... But I know that I cannot be making a decision like that as I am now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wait, what are you saying, Blossom, are you saying that if you drink your day with your husband will be better? I am just unclear - Are you thinking that will make him feel better, if you drink?
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X