Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

that is good fin!! This craving will pass....you just need to ride the wave....and cranberry soda stream water is my drink of choice these days. I am swimming in it. And then near bedtime, I have a nice hot cup of camomile tea....that ends my day nicely....and then I fall asleep rather than pass out. A wonderful feeling!!! Don't you think?
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1486879 wrote: Fin, good for you in coming here instead of the fridge!!! Get something to EAT! Ride it out no matter what. I know you can do this! (and I hope there aren't any IPA's in the fridge!!). Hang in there...you don't want to miss out on Star's Full Moon that she's shining up for you! Keep reading and posting...go look for our polls and be thinking of others for me to put out there!! XO, Byrdie
      Thanks, Byrd. You're the best. I've been here on week one five times now and I'm sick and tired of caving right around the 30 day mark. I need to start working on a plan that will carry me over the hump.

No IPA in the house - good riddance!
      - Determined Fin
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just joined today and I'm so thankful I found this site. I feel overwhelmed at the thought of not drinking but am encouraged by your posts and success stories. I have no days sober but I'm going to try to not drink tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1486881 wrote: that is good fin!! This craving will pass....you just need to ride the wave....and cranberry soda stream water is my drink of choice these days. I am swimming in it. And then near bedtime, I have a nice hot cup of camomile tea....that ends my day nicely....and then I fall asleep rather than pass out. A wonderful feeling!!! Don't you think?
          YESSS...I will follow this prescription to the T tonight. Thank You!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kreeves!! I remember feeling overwhelmed at the beginning too.... REALLY overwhelmed but if I can do it, so can you! Just read read read and post and tell us about yourself...everyone here can help you!!:welcome:
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1486883 wrote: I just joined today and I'm so thankful I found this site. I feel overwhelmed at the thought of not drinking but am encouraged by your posts and success stories. I have no days sober but I'm going to try to not drink tonight.
              I hereby dedicate my Tuesday AF night to Kreeves. Welcome, friend...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Kreeves! Welcome! Lots of good folks and good advice around here. Check out the Toolbox - lots of good advice.

Good luck tonight - stay close and read a lot of the threads here. If you haven't done so, get rid of all the alcohol in your house.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1486882 wrote: Thanks, Byrd. You're the best. I've been here on week one five times now and I'm sick and tired of caving right around the 30 day mark. I need to start working on a plan that will carry me over the hump.

- Determined Fin
                  Fin......have you considered that you FEAR succeeding ? Failure is disappointing but success means commitment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my word - thank you all so much for your encouragement. I appreciate all of your responses. Siren- I haven't thrown out all of the alcohol. I still have a big box of cheap wine that's totally nasty but I can never get enough of it. I'm going to try and psych myself up to toss it out in a few minutes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Kreeves! Yep, gotta get that AL out of the house or before the night is over it will sprout heads and start speaking in tongues! (mocking you). We are so glad you're here! Don't forget to eat...until you are FULL! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Kreeves!
                        You are in a great place. Please read, post, read, post and then read some more! We look forward to getting to know you!
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1486884 wrote: YESSS...I will follow this prescription to the T tonight. Thank You!
                          Yo Fin...who's the hunk in your pic? :ey:
                          Please tell me it's your single brother that's dying to meet a 40 year old single mother that no longer drinks and loves dogs. I may know someone... LOL
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spent 1 hour at the SS office only to be given a form....have to prove dh was on my insurance so he can now get medicare part B when I leave my job....ugh .....going to call them and see how to fill out the form...gal was NO HELP AT ALL.
                            Back to work tomorrow...BLEH....the countdown begins...24 day of stupidity to go.....I will try not to tell my boss off but it will be very hard.....;-))
                            CAN NOT wait.....but guess i will have to....CAN NOT let this stress me out..
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1486896 wrote: Fin......have you considered that you FEAR succeeding ? Failure is disappointing but success means commitment.
                              I'll be thinking about this question. It may have merit. Something amiss, that's for sure.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1486902 wrote: Oh my word - thank you all so much for your encouragement. I appreciate all of your responses. Siren- I haven't thrown out all of the alcohol. I still have a big box of cheap wine that's totally nasty but I can never get enough of it. I'm going to try and psych myself up to toss it out in a few minutes.
                                Go for it!! I just crushed my major crave attack with a homemade smoothie and now on to the soda water + cranberry. Good medicine.

Comment

Working...
                                X