Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1486910 wrote: Yo Fin...who's the hunk in your pic? :ey:
    Please tell me it's your single brother that's dying to meet a 40 year old single mother that no longer drinks and loves dogs. I may know someone... LOL
    Ha! It's where I want to get back to, but I'll keep looking and cheering for you. You are indeed going to make the right guy extremely happy given your new outlook on life.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok, I did the deed. All alcohol is officially out of the house!Just gotta keep it that way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, Kreeves! That is empowering!!! I tried to break it down and say that my really bad times were between 4:30 and 7:30.....3 hours a night...I can get thru anything for 3 hours. It didn't seem so daunting when you break it down like that. You are doing great. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1486923 wrote: ok, I did the deed. All alcohol is officially out of the house!Just gotta keep it that way.
          That's AWESOME Kreeves - definitely the first step. Have a good dinner, make yourself some tea, and snuggle into the Nest and read everything you can.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters and Welcome to all of the New Nesters,
            Wow I have missed out on so much. Good job everyone. I am just doing a quick pop in, I am still AF, 58 days as a matter o' fact. I have been crazy busy preparing for my move, has been a tad hectic. I miss all of you.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, OneRed - good to see you! Is Maggie all set for the move? NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thankyou so much everyone

Things are much better this morning, and there is peace in the household and my husband and I are getting on better again

I'm a little emotionally exhausted to reply much - but I really appreciate everything that was written

Comment

Newbies Nest

so glad to hear it Blossoms.....everything always looks better in the morning....especially without a hangover!!!!

So, Saturday I went to a funeral. A 27 year old man who was a graduate student at Columbia and engaged to be married died suddenly. He got so drunk that he went to the wrong apartment building in the city and, not being familiar with where he was, he fell down the stairs and died from head trauma. His younger sister is one of my son's best friends so I went to the funeral with my son (and I know the parents and his aunt very well).
                  He had everything going for him in life...EVERYTHING...and alcohol ruined it, destroyed his life literally and has left so many people grieving. People were SOBBING at the funeral...it was so tragic.

Just one more reason to stay away from AL....that so easily could have been me.
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going to bed sober tonight for the first time in a very, very long time. Looking forward to waking up without a hangover - don't know if I remember what that feels like. Thanks again for making me feel welcome and your encouragement.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Kreeves!!
                        How are you feeling today?
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1486973 wrote:

So, Saturday I went to a funeral. A 27 year old man who was a graduate student at Columbia and engaged to be married died suddenly. He got so drunk that he went to the wrong apartment building in the city and, not being familiar with where he was, he fell down the stairs and died from head trauma. His younger sister is one of my son's best friends so I went to the funeral with my son (and I know the parents and his aunt very well).
                          He had everything going for him in life...EVERYTHING...and alcohol ruined it, destroyed his life literally and has left so many people grieving. People were SOBBING at the funeral...it was so tragic.
                          I've often woken up after a black out night, hearing friends and family's recounts of my stupidity throughout the night, and wondered what if...

Every time I promise never again. It's weird because one night I can drink two bottles of champagne and have a great and lucid time then next time less than two bottles and I'm slurring and picking fights with loved ones and blacking out. You just can't gage it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree....it affected me differently from day to day depending on how sleep deprived I was, how dehydrated, how hungry....etc. Thing is, it is so sneaky that it can hit you and cause black outs at any time. I fell down my stairs last year and I still have pain in my back from it.
                            This person fell down stairs and he is DEAD.
                            You just never know so WHY take the chance? Life is too precious.
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning team. Wow, an honest day 2 again and I'm feeling great. It's just amazing how much better I feel today. Anyway, special thanks out to Byrd, jenniech, K9, Kuya and our new friend Kreeves for giving me the fortitude to push through the toughest of all days last night - day 1.

The story of the kid who feel down the stairs is also a real eye-opener. Indeed, this life we've been given is far too precious to take the risks we all take when we're messed up on AL. I'm done with that shit and Kuya, your "commitment" comment to me yesterday has really be sinking in deeply over the past 24-hours. I will find a way. Thank you for the wake up call I needed.

Be good -
                              One Grateful Fin
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Jenni....I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That could easily be ANY of us! I fell down the stairs on Christmas night 2005, broke my tail bone in 2 places and 3 ribs...my hip still hurts. It is so sad what AL is capable of taking from us.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Wednesday!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X