Newbies Nest

YIPPIE!!!! We're baaaaack.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 - feeling better. Thanks Brydie. I am very happy to be back.

And yes, I agree with everyone about moderation. Every time I try to moderate or "control" my drinking, it gets worse and worse. My benders get longer and more detrimental. There is no such thing as moderation with me. If I continue to try to moderate, I'm going to end up in the gutter.

Well I'm too smart for that.

Get used to seeing me around, folks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank goodness we are back, reading the thread posts was really funn though I have to admit! Hope everyone is doing well, never realized the importance of the MWO until I was denied access...didn't slip thank goodness, hope everyone else fared well
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone held on tight while the nest was offline

Welcome back Rooni - AF is the only way to go

Greetings to everyone! Have your plans set for the weekend???
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lights are back on. Awesome. That was quite a storm and we're not really the best audience to weather such outages. Hope everyone held on tight!
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, that was fun reading the thread "tweets!" People are so clever and funny . I know I can't moderate; tried to do it for two years. Each time I'd take a break, I'd soon be back at it hammer and tongs. Thanks again to those MWO "veterans" who continue to guide us newbies; so appreciate your shared wisdom.
                Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!
                  Day 47 and checking in!
                  Been a wretched week at work and midterms so I have been pretty busy
                  Had my doc appointment for the fatigue and excessive thirst and they did some bloodwork.
                  Tonight, the agenda is writing a paper and doing two assignments. I'm sure I will procrastinate and check back on periodically.
                  Hope you are all staying strong. Happy Friday and looking forward to a lovely unhung Saturday!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1488001 wrote: Thank goodness we are back, reading the thread posts was really funn though I have to admit! Hope everyone is doing well, never realized the importance of the MWO until I was denied access...didn't slip thank goodness, hope everyone else fared well
                    Yes - wasn't it funny and fun:H
                    I liked how once everyone realised what we could do, they jumped in silly and funny and quite inventive.

Even though we couldn't post normally, it was good to know everyone was there ... That we were still connected

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wish there were a way to quickly "like" posts without posting a formal reply. I've seen this on other sites. Sometimes I read a post I agree with, but can't right then take time to respond to it. Nursie: school! Those were the days. I have nothing but admiration for you as you handle your quit, work, assignments, and parental duties. Have a great AF weekend, everyone!
                      Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star and Byrdie - Running Aussie has 7 days!! She needs her you-know-what!!

Edit: Never mind - Star is on the ball!
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest
                          15 Days AF, still feeling sshaky, maybe from the meds.. wow what major cravings, at work everyone was drinking, I smelled some liquor and almost barfed did a dry heave, just reminded me of when I was drinking. then the urges came back. Everyone is wondering why I am not drinking anymore. Told them I am on medication for my lower back. It did not stop them from asking "Are you staying with us today" One of the guys I work with hides a beer during work and goes to the bathroom, you can tell by the bulge in his pocket. I feel bad for him, he is really skinny doesn't eat and goes to his car and drinks during lunch. I doubt I can say anything helpful to them, I have been working with them for years and drank with them. A lot of talk about moderation. That is something I tried and failed everytime.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see everyone! Bobbys....I'm so proud of your 15 days! You are sounding like a different man. It is hard to be the odd person out in social situations. This gets easier with practice. All we can do is lead by example....stay strong and stay sober. Living well is the best revenge!! You are doing great!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am in official FREAK OUT MODE right now! My husband is on his way to South Africa and this whole move just became incredibly "real". You would have thought that my incredibly disassembled and very messy house would have been enough to solidify the big life changes that are about to happen, but it was a simple trip to the airport and a very tearful phone call from my favorite Aunt that sent my heart racing and my head spinning. I am pretty sure that if I were still a drinker I would have found my way into a bottle of something and I would not have been picky either. Thank heavens I no longer drink. It is crazy but in the 61 days of being AF I am pretty sure I haven't had an urge to drink like I did today. But I no longer drink......I had to tell myself this over and over today. I read a great quote that went something like this.....Don't let your fears determine your future. I asked my Mom today what she thinks my Dad would do about this crazy move, she said he probably would have kicked your ass off the plane and taken your seat. It made me feel a little better, and now I feel like a big giant ungrateful jerk. I said at the beginning of my journey to becoming and remaining AF that my Dad really would have kicked my ass for living my life the way I was by not living my life......just had no idea how far away from home my journey would take me. Couple of more weeks for me till I begin a new crazy chapter in my life.
                              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                              ~Author Unknown
                              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1488120 wrote: Hello Nest
                                15 Days AF, still feeling sshaky, maybe from the meds.. wow what major cravings, at work everyone was drinking, I smelled some liquor and almost barfed did a dry heave, just reminded me of when I was drinking. then the urges came back. Everyone is wondering why I am not drinking anymore. Told them I am on medication for my lower back. It did not stop them from asking "Are you staying with us today" One of the guys I work with hides a beer during work and goes to the bathroom, you can tell by the bulge in his pocket. I feel bad for him, he is really skinny doesn't eat and goes to his car and drinks during lunch. I doubt I can say anything helpful to them, I have been working with them for years and drank with them. A lot of talk about moderation. That is something I tried and failed everytime.
                                Bobby.....you sound great! Keep up the good work!
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X