Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe,
    First -- a huge congrats on two months. You are an inspiration to me and others. I love your mother's quote about what your father would say about your move. You are on an adventure. Give Maggie an extra belly rub.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

oneredshoe
      think of it as a grand adventure....which is what it sounds like it is!! I am so relieved that we are back up.....I felt so out of sorts!!!
      I tried to post something in reference to Byrdie's post....she said something to the effect that there is anger then denial then ??? then acceptance.
      I can't remember it precisely, but I know all those stages oh so well...I just wish that with each stage, the preceding stage would disappear!! I am at acceptance but still have bouts of anger and denial.....that is why I need MWO so badly!!
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

free at last;1488176 wrote: Oneredshoe,
        First -- a huge congrats on two months. You are an inspiration to me and others. I love your mother's quote about what your father would say about your move. You are on an adventure. Give Maggie an extra belly rub.
        free.....so nice to "see" you! Thanks for the congrats. Maggie has and will get lot of tummy time tonight. :H. How are you doing?
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1488181 wrote: oneredshoe
          think of it as a grand adventure....which is what it sounds like it is!! I am so relieved that we are back up.....I felt so out of sorts!!!
          I tried to post something in reference to Byrdie's post....she said something to the effect that there is anger then denial then ??? then acceptance.
          I can't remember it precisely, but I know all those stages oh so well...I just wish that with each stage, the preceding stage would disappear!! I am at acceptance but still have bouts of anger and denial.....that is why I need MWO so badly!!
          Hey Jenni.....I think bargaining is one of the stages. Is this perhaps the one you may be talking about? Have you forgiven yourself? For me forgiving myself was key.
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom.....I have been trying to catch up, and just read about your 60 days. YEAH....you rock!
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

ah yes
              bargaining.
              that is the most dangerous
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1488189 wrote: ah yes
                bargaining.
                that is the most dangerous
                It certainly is. I don't bargain well.....I recognized it and took it out of my equation. 1 drink is too many for me and 100 isn't enough, there is no 1 night of drinking. Zip, Nadda, Nothing. I DONT drink.....plain and simple.
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Onered, wishing you the best on your move & new adventure. It all sounds very exciting to me
                  You will be so glad that you did all this with a clear head!

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday. I am hosting a borthday party for my grandson who is turning 2 today. AL is not invited!!!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbys - you sound so positive. I know what you mean by not appreciating the odor of AL anymore. Makes me sick, too.

We are meeting people at the Olive Garden tomorrow - I will be turning my glass upside down immediately, and hopefully if the other people have a tendency to imbide - they will get the hint. If they do taste test I will "know" where they are coming from. I hope they don't like AL the creep.

Sometimes you never know what your action or words (like when you spoke on MWO about Olive Garden wine taste a few days ago) will help someone else in their struggle. So keep up the good work, Mr. 15 days AF, and you'll best influence your buddies on the job.------I hope they don't do anything with heavy machinery!!!!!! Good Grief!

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Waking up from an AF night and ready to go for a walk in the woods with my DH and dog.
                      Free at Last
                      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Laststraw good idea, tipping that glass upside down. Olive Garden is good, except that they offer free wine. Yes the odor now makes me dry heave. I think that is a good thing. It was like when I used to smoke, I would get the nastiest tasting ciggarrettes so I would smoke less and then I ended up finally quitting.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                          Onered, I hope you know what an inspiration you are to everyone! Back in the old days, the thought of big changes sent us right back to the bottle-bottom! But look at you! Embracing change! Life really does have a whole new meaning now...it's full of possibilities! I had the pleasure of visiting South Africa back in 1998...of all the places I've been to, that is the only other place I'd consider living! It was incredible! We are all behind you and are right there with you during these exciting times! You have exactly the right mindset! For us, drinking is no longer a choice...I'm so happy to read your words...YOU GET IT!!! It takes getting some distance between you and AL to see it, doesn't it? So happy for you!

That is a great idea about the wine glasses at Olive Garden! Or anywhere! Beware of the WineHag that comes around with samples!!!

Hope everyone has a HAPPY and Sober Sattidy! (as we say in the South!) Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Whew - busy morning for me already. Jiujitsu, then krav for nearly 2 hours of workouts back to back. Sometimes they are light workouts, but not today! I was going to go to the pool for a swim afterwards but I needed to come home and eat something. I may get to it later today or it may wait until tomorrow.

I used to do it hung over - I'm not sure how though. I guess I was just not that intense before. Now I look forward to it even more, with a clear head.

There is so much talk about moderation in the General Discussion forum that I think I am going to stick to only reading in the Nest, the Roll Call, and the Triple A thread. I wish all threads specifically about moderation would be kept to the proper sub-forum. I'm not saying people shouldn't discuss it, just discuss it with like-minded individuals.

I hope everyone is doing well and those on the East Coast of the US are enjoying spring-like weather (finally).
                            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I went to an AA meeting the other day, and a non-wine sober drunk decided to read wine reviews out loud because he thought they sounded so awful.....I was ready to STRANGLE him!!! Only a person who loves wine would appreciate the reviews....actually, "appreciate" is the wrong word....understand is more like it I guess because I DO NOT appreciate wine reviews only because I loved wine so much!!!
                              Anyway, day 69 here and I have to go to a Bar Mitzvah tonight and I am completely DREADING it. I really don't want to go. But, for various reasons, I have to at least make an appearance. My husband and son are going too. I have asked my husband if we could PLEASE take two cars...but he doesn't want to go either so wants to take one car on the theory that he will leave early with me and asks someone else to drive my son home. Problem is, 1) husband will get caught up in the party, will probably have a few drinks and will want to stay; and 2) I don't trust these other parents to stay sober enough to drive my son home safely. So, I am planning on going, staying for a short while, leaving and then I will go back to pick son and husband up to drive them home. It is 20 minutes away, but I DON"T CARE....driving back and forth a few times is better than standing around with people I don't want to be standing around with and watching them drink.

Oh, and I have to dress up. YUK
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1487602 wrote: Hi ICan, good to see you and yeah, here we are. Kreeves and I have opened up a can of whoop ass and are taking numbers, so come on along - ha! We got this thing together, aye?
                                You got it Fin! Hang in there ICan - we're right there with you for the journey. I'm glad the site is working again. I couldn't post for a little over a day and I felt a little bit panicky. Got through my first real social event last night. Waited to arrive until right at the time the event started and then went straight to my hotel room right after it was over. Weekends are hard. I'm used to being loaded from the time I get up until the time I go to sleep and then start the whole thing over again. It was nice to actually get up this morning and go to the grocery store without having had a drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X