Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Kreeves, you ain't kidding! I began drinking at 10:30a.m. (and was starting to break that rule there near the end) on weekends. It was definitely a change to have all those hours to fill with other activities....including driving! I'm so happy that you got thru that social situation, they are hard at first, but like everything else, they get easier...just like exercise...the muscles you use get stronger! I am so happy to hear of your continued progress! You will never regret being sober!
    Jenni, great job to you, too! Whatever it takes! What's a little driving if it saves your quit!
    Siren, I know what you mean, whenever I venture out of the nest much, I just shake my head sometimes. Just keep your arms and legs inside the nest and the threads you are comfortable with and stay there! You aren't missing anything 'out there'! (that's really good advice I got from Lav, and I should follow it more!!)

Stay strong everyone! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday, nest mates. I just left a bar/restaurant where I had dinner with my husband and aunt and uncle. Everyone had Guinness except for me. I stuck with iced tea. I didn't miss a thing. If i would have had a beer I never would have been able to finish my healthy salad. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great AF weekend.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren! You are such an inspiration to me. I can't wait to be back to the physical exertion! You really do have a valid excuse that you can't drink because you are in training.

Re moderation I thought this site (outside the forums) kinda centered on the moderation theory? Funny thing is when the site went down the first thing I thought was Oh no we are in trouble for dissing moderation! Haha

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally a good day out side...warmer and sunshine...WOOHOO..
          We went to the flea market then to the outlet mall. Got some good bargains too...buy now since I have 2 more paychecks...
          Church tomorrow and we need to get to dads house and make sure everything is OK...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Byrdie......thank you for the words of encouragement. I LOVE being free from alcohol. I wish I could bottle this feeling and pass it out to anyone that is on the fence about quitting drinking for good.

Siren...since quitting drinking I have this new found love for tea in general. I just got a chocolate mint flavored it is DELICIOUS. How is training going? Have you done the P90X yet?

Jenni....I hear you about going to party's or functions that you just really don't want to go to.

Dottie....I love love love a good bargain!
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1488414 wrote: I went to an AA meeting the other day, and a non-wine sober drunk decided to read wine reviews out loud because he thought they sounded so awful.....I was ready to STRANGLE him!!! Only a person who loves wine would appreciate the reviews....actually, "appreciate" is the wrong word....understand is more like it I guess because I DO NOT appreciate wine reviews only because I loved wine so much!!!
              Anyway, day 69 here and I have to go to a Bar Mitzvah tonight and I am completely DREADING it. I really don't want to go. But, for various reasons, I have to at least make an appearance. My husband and son are going too. I have asked my husband if we could PLEASE take two cars...but he doesn't want to go either so wants to take one car on the theory that he will leave early with me and asks someone else to drive my son home. Problem is, 1) husband will get caught up in the party, will probably have a few drinks and will want to stay; and 2) I don't trust these other parents to stay sober enough to drive my son home safely. So, I am planning on going, staying for a short while, leaving and then I will go back to pick son and husband up to drive them home. It is 20 minutes away, but I DON"T CARE....driving back and forth a few times is better than standing around with people I don't want to be standing around with and watching them drink.

Oh, and I have to dress up. YUK
              Hi Jennie:

thinking of you this evening:l
              I am sorry you have to go out but it sounds like you have a great plan in place. The last Bar Mitzvah I went to was very moving but it was my dear freinds son and they were all musicians and sang great songs and had great food....I actually don't think there was AL there but it was a bit ago!

Anyway, sending you hugs my sweet,

:l:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks kradle!
                I finally, FINALLY got home. It was very over the top fancy (ridiculous) with cirque de soleil type dancers, motivators and very LOUD music. Women were in GOWNS and they must have spent at LEAST $75,000 on the event. (The parents BOUGHT a white carpet to put on the floor just for this event and it was a HUGE room holding at least 200 people - it was at a performing arts center.) Oh brother.
                The waiters walked around all night with a bottle of white and a bottle of red....it was uncomfortable and I wish I didn't go....Drove husband and son home sober....that was good...And now I am all cozy in bed watching SNL.

I will never do that again.
                But since it is after midnight, I am officially on day 70...I made it!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done you Jennie, great willpower.
                  AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Need help and words of encouragement today if you could please I am sorry to ask but I hurt myself, started drinking again, just couldnt deal with sobriety with my depression though I was doing well first week and a bit and feeling positive dont feel so great right now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Cleo, stop drinking now. I am 100% sure that it is not helping anything going on in your life, especially depression. I was never able to quit drinking until I took action to get my depression under control. Have you seen a doctor about your depression? There are also lots of OTC herbal products available to help as well.

Jennie, congrats on your 70 days AF ~ terrific

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cleo Night;1488694 wrote: Need help and words of encouragement today if you could please I am sorry to ask but I hurt myself, started drinking again, just couldnt deal with sobriety with my depression though I was doing well first week and a bit and feeling positive dont feel so great right now
                        CLEO, Are you OK? :l Is your injury getting better by now?

You have a good week AF under your belt and you can be happy about that. Remember how good you started feeling?

I know how it feels to fall off the AF goal for a moment, rotten, but climb back on in the nest here. Reading all the other posts and information, posting how you are feeling----good, bad, or indifferent really helps us keep our grip on our struggles with the CREEPY AL.

I refer to alchohol as AL the creep. It is creepy, and crawly, and creepy. Uck.

Please be nice to yourself. Drink water (or Perrier-my favorite) with fresh squeezed lemon, and care for yourself like you would a sick friend.

I will look for your posts. Others will be along to come beside you...when they wake up, that is...LOL. It's early on Sunday here.

See ya later.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cleo:l

I did not know this for a long time, but drinking actually makes the depression much worse. It is a vicious cycle. Lav is right. You must stop drinking. We can help! How did you hurt yourself? Are you okay now? Please check in with us and let us know.
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does anyone have experience with Sam-e?

I started it last Monday...I like it so far.

I'd like to hear what anyone thinks about it.
                            Thanks.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, S! We cross posted. Great advice to Cleo.
                              I have church all morning, Cleo and will pray for you- and for all of us!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey another cross post, s! Yes, I have used Sam e before and really liked it. I am thinking of starting to use it again

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X