Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest!
    I have a terrible cold, body aches, headache, sore throat and a wicked cough!
    Since I'm on Antabuse, I have to be careful what I take. (Not swig some NyQuil and call it a night like I used to). I took a lot of vitamin C and my multivitamin. My alive shake, which is my all in one vitamin, and some ibuprofen. Hubby got me some cold and flu tabs and robitussin cough syrup. Those look safe to take if I need them.
    Here it is barely 9pm and I am in bed! I slept most of the day too.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. *sprinkling lots of sober dust over the best tonight*
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie;1488955 wrote: Evening Nest!
      I have a terrible cold, body aches, headache, sore throat and a wicked cough!
      Since I'm on Antabuse, I have to be careful what I take. (Not swig some NyQuil and call it a night like I used to). I took a lot of vitamin C and my multivitamin. My alive shake, which is my all in one vitamin, and some ibuprofen. Hubby got me some cold and flu tabs and robitussin cough syrup. Those look safe to take if I need them.
      Here it is barely 9pm and I am in bed! I slept most of the day too.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. *sprinkling lots of sober dust over the best tonight*
      Oh....I HATE being sick. I am pretty sure nobody likes being sick. :H. Get some rest, well who am I to tell you that, your the nurse for goodness sakes. :H. Feel better soon!
      Hugs to you....
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww thanks Oney
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so very tired today/night. My weekend was very PRODUCTIVE and full of OBLIGATION....I have realized something tonight. I am pushing myself TOO HARD. I need to figure out a way to take it down a notch, stop and smell the flowers. I have always been a very busy person by choice. I like getting a lot done....making a long list and crossing things off once accomplished. When I was drinking, the drink at the end of the day was my "reward". However, that did not work for reasons I don't need to explain to you guys in the nest. But instead of drinking, I am spending that time crossing more things off that damn list. That is making me crazy and I can feel that if I keep this up, I might have a moment of weakness. I only have 70 days. I need to pamper myself a bit more....I need to treat myself as if I am getting over a very long, horrible illness. I need rest. I am still getting better. I don't have a craving at the moment, but I am so tired that I could see in a different situation how that could lead me to trouble.
          So with that, I am turning off the light and going to sleep!!
          goodnight all....please take it slow and treat yourself well. You deserve it :l
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

I guess that I still belong in the nest. I'm doing well with my effort to moderate--two drinks on three occasions since 3/11.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1488969 wrote: I am so very tired today/night. My weekend was very PRODUCTIVE and full of OBLIGATION....I have realized something tonight. I am pushing myself TOO HARD. I need to figure out a way to take it down a notch, stop and smell the flowers. I have always been a very busy person by choice. I like getting a lot done....making a long list and crossing things off once accomplished. When I was drinking, the drink at the end of the day was my "reward". However, that did not work for reasons I don't need to explain to you guys in the nest. But instead of drinking, I am spending that time crossing more things off that damn list. That is making me crazy and I can feel that if I keep this up, I might have a moment of weakness. I only have 70 days. I need to pamper myself a bit more....I need to treat myself as if I am getting over a very long, horrible illness. I need rest. I am still getting better. I don't have a craving at the moment, but I am so tired that I could see in a different situation how that could lead me to trouble.
              So with that, I am turning off the light and going to sleep!!
              goodnight all....please take it slow and treat yourself well. You deserve it :l
              Jenni....."only 70 days". I'd say that is quite an accomplishment! :goodjob: I do get what you are saying though. Slowing down and not "DOING" all of the time specifically for people I conditioned and allowed to use and abuse my inability to say NO was a major key in my quit. My phone rings A LOT less now which frees up a lot of time for me to simply "BE". It is a little awkward feeling at first but after a while it feels damn good. You know not a single so called "friend", not one of the many people I spread myself far to thin "doing" for has extended a helping hand to me during this crazy time in my life when I really could use the help. It's sad but incredibly eye opening. I really didn't take baby steps when it came to pampering myself.....I jumped feet first. :H Give it a try, I am pretty sure you won't regret it. Much love to you.
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown
              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - Just introducing myself - thanks for all the "good" messages that are in here, its been a great help.
                Day 5 today and already gone through half my TO DO list in the house that's been sitting for about a year or 5

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey hope this day sees everyone well. I want to apologize for my fleeting post last night (um last night my time). I am struggling atm but I dont want to be the drama queen dashing in and out making others worry. I appreciate the posts and support I received. I did hurt myself physically but not badly enough to need medical attention. :hugs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

day-zero;1489043 wrote: Hi all - Just introducing myself - thanks for all the "good" messages that are in here, its been a great help.
                    Day 5 today and already gone through half my TO DO list in the house that's been sitting for about a year or 5
                    Well done :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

persimmon;1488981 wrote: Hi,

I guess that I still belong in the nest. I'm doing well with my effort to moderate--two drinks on three occasions since 3/11.
                      Well done!! And of course you still belong in the nest.

I'm interested to hear what you are doing to limit your drinks. Keep it up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties and hope everyone is doing OK

Hope you feel better soon Nursie :l

Jenni - 70 days is fantastic!! - I can relate to the running around like a headless chicken trying to keep busy and get things done - all very exhausting. Why not give yourself a pamper night - treat yourself to some special bath oils and soak in the bath with a good book.

Day Zero - great achievement on 5 days - how are you feeling? keep it up.

Welcome Cleo and look forward to getting to know you.

Hi to everyone else here - I have a terrible memory at the best of time with names!!

Brydie something you said to me just before MWO went down a few days ago and I couldn't post back was that you won't be able to get on track fully AF until you ACCEPT that you can't and don't drink. Until you stop regreting, grieving and missing AL and find that final stage of ACCEPTANCE you won't truly get on with your life and move forward without alcohol.

I am now a week AF - YAY. Feeling great except for feeling like there are two people living inside this body at the moment!

From the time I get up until about 5pm I am a positive free thinking spirit enjoying my AF life. Then from 5pm until about 8pm this monster moves in and starts telling me how much I want a glass of wine - he literally takes over my mind and starts planning my next big binge, waves bottles of Savignon Blanc in my face and begs me to join in and I think of nothing else. Then around 8pm he gives up and is gone - and I am SO glad that I didn't give in.

I ACCEPT that I can't and won't drink - I just wonder how long it will be before this monster believes and accepts this too and bloody well leaves me alone!! :nutso::nutso:
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

day-zero;1489043 wrote: Hi all - Just introducing myself - thanks for all the "good" messages that are in here, its been a great help.
                          Day 5 is awe-some! Welcome, looking forward to hearing more from you.
                          Cheers
                          RA

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks - know the monster you talk about - IT gets me at 4:00 and hangs around till late
                            luckily it cant climb onto the roof where i'm painting each afternoon lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon;1489136 wrote:
                              I am now a week AF - YAY. Feeling great except for feeling like there are two people living inside this body at the moment!

From the time I get up until about 5pm I am a positive free thinking spirit enjoying my AF life. Then from 5pm until about 8pm this monster moves in and starts telling me how much I want a glass of wine - he literally takes over my mind and starts planning my next big binge, waves bottles of Savignon Blanc in my face and begs me to join in and I think of nothing else. Then around 8pm he gives up and is gone - and I am SO glad that I didn't give in.
                              Well said Snapdragon. I know exactly how you feel and I bet that there are many others that feel the same way! It is like having two people living inside of you. The cool, confident person and the weak, vulnerable person that susceptible to succumb to the "monster". It's a stressful and tiring feeling. My "trigger" times are similar to yours... beginning anywhere from 4-5pm and ending anywhere from 8-10pm. Some days are better than others. I felt extremely edgy this past Thursday evening but Friday evening was fine. Weird. You just never know when and how extreme it's going to hit. I'm so happy and proud of you for being strong! Such a great feeling, right?!

Today is strange for me. I'm extremely grumpy and weepy for no explanation. My German teacher is also a therapist and she has told me that when a person feels this way it means that there is something on the inside that needs to come out. So I indulged in a pity party for an hour this morning. Now I'm deep into work and feeling better. I actually thought about a beer while I was throwing my pity party... yuck... but now I've just finished up a good lunch and I'm ready to tackle the afternoon.

I hope everyone in the Nest is feeling good today! Much love and strength to you all!
                              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mein

Sending lots of cheery thoughts your way and hope the sun starts to shine on your day very soon. :l

I've had some very strange moody days - my poor husband can't understand why one minute I'm all friendly and loving and then next I'm snapping his head off! I think he's beginning to wonder if he preferred me drinking!! :H
                                Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Working...
                                X